FOOTBALL! SUPER BOWL!

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Faust74, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Remander Steadfast Player

Carolina also has a top tier defense, plus their offense is lights out. If Denver had even a decent offense, I'd give them the edge. Oh, and I'm a Peyton homer. Was there when he started his first college game.
  2. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Whatever dude. Keep your hot dogs. I'll keep classy players like Fitz. Oh, and hip hop culture is what's wrong in this country. Nothing says class like "singing" about drugs, ho's, shooting people, gang banging, etc. Really classy stuff.
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

I'm a stats guy. Check the offensive and defensive stat comparisons here:

http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/offensive-stats
    http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/defensive-stats

On defense, they're fairly close. On offense, Carolina is #1, and Denver is below league average. Now, that doesn't tell the whole story, of course. Matchups are very key. Carolina is strongest on the ground (#2 rushing, but below average passing), and that's the strength of Denver's defense (#1 against the run). I just don't see Denver being able to put up the points. I think it will be low scoring with Carolina coming out on top. Again, I'm pulling for the upset, though.
    • Like x 1
  4. Faust74 Loyal Player

Well I don't care who wins, I just want to see a great game. I would pull for the Broncos because there are A LOT of former Texans players on their Roster that I like and I also wish the Texans had kept Wade. BUT, I really don't like Kubiak, I feel his stubbornness to Schaub for all those years screwed the Texans for a long time.

What's ironic, when Colts dumped Peyton. It was heavily rumored that Peyton wanted to come play for the Texans, but Kubiak didn't want him because he felt he had his QB in Schaub and that Peyton wasn't worth the risk because of the many surgeries. Couple of seasons later he still ends up with Peyton as his QB anyway.
  5. Redman_x Well-Known Player

I only want to win money. Could care less of either team. I want the Panthers to cover the 4 point spread I was able to lock in on earlier in the week. And also to hit on any of the 4 superbowl squares I got.

Good luck today to anyone who has money on the game.
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, pretty strong start for Denver. Let's see what the Panthers can do.
  7. Malachyte Devoted Player

they should have got 7 out of that drive....
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

True, but Carolina couldn't even get a first down. I like it, so far. ;)
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

Heh, I'll take it.
  10. Malachyte Devoted Player

Denver players should have danced after that strip sack touchdown....LOL
  11. Malachyte Devoted Player

What a damn idiot Talib is....
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

Can't disagree with you there.
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

14. Remander Steadfast Player

Looking good.
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

Liking Denver's chances now.
  16. BigAl Devoted Player

If Cam starts to run out of fuel, Carolina's not gonna get back in it. He's a big guy, but not big enough to carry a team to the top.
  17. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Nice of them to turn the microphones down for the half time show , could barely hear it , not worth raising my volume for
  18. Malachyte Devoted Player

If I'm a Denver fan I would be very concerned. Denver's defense has been playing outstanding and only up by 6. Denver has missed several opportunities to have a larger lead.
    I'd be very surprised if the Denver D can keep the Panthers down in the 2nd half as they did in the 1st....The Sheriff better play this 2nd half like there is never going to be another game for him....
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

Denver is looking like the more complete team now. Cam cannot win the game on his own. This is about how I thought it would play out. Low scoring, down to the line. I still won't be surprised if Carolina pulls it out, but I'm liking Denver's chances more now than going in.
  20. Remander Steadfast Player