Fire is getting no attention for Revamp: details inside

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by The M, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Kristyana New Player

Keep telling yourself that, it might make it true!
  2. Naija born Well-Known Player

what you highlighted was mostly reductions that were necessary,
    reduced the damage on vocanic calamity because its now a 50% sc not 100?
    reducing the buff af some powers since they are now instant cast?
    and as for fireburst it was brought in line to work like frost blast ( they are the same powers and should work the same way) if reducing the damage of fireburst or buffing the damage of frostblast is the right decision well i cant tell since they reduced it.
    and if you better tank than dps as a fire now , then you need to learn new tricks about fire
    i mean ice Don't even compare right now... i can stack up to 4 dots on fire and still get double hits on powers like back draft and flashpoint.. just find a new loadout that works man.
    ice dots are weaker or close to the same
  3. shadowkia New Player

In comparison yes Hardlight and Gadgets do have more potential to deal higher dps but just like with Ice Fire would need to be looked by those very familar with fire like Soulburn and have a fair buff. Most people are just asking for a big Fire buff like Ice got when they don't realize that a random buff could make it op just like it once was.
  4. Kristyana New Player

I DPS well enough to hold my own with nearly any player in the game in appropriate gear. I don't top the damage charts vs some other power sets or players, but the content gets done, it gets done smoothly, and there are no issues.

Fire got a nerf in Fireburst. Big deal. It doesn't affect how you're able to perform as far as getting the raid done smoothly, and if you manage to use Fireburst in PVP it's because the team you're fighting is inexperienced. Fight a good PVP premade that knows what to look for and you'll never be able to get the cast off.

Same in PVP; I can hold my own against any other powerset and while I'm not an expert in PVP, when I get facerolled it's not because my powerset is inherently weak, but because the other player or team is more skilled than I am.

Please explain how this nerf to fireburst actually affects the ability to get content done, or anything except your position and ego on the end scoreboard.
    • Like x 2
  5. Spike New Player

Only ... can try use fireburst in pvp and doesnt matter if as dps or tank.
  6. Heavenly Cinder New Player

Not trolling. Since the new forums went live, i'm checking this thread every single day. My main is a Mental DPS. I'm not near geared for T2, so as you can see, or i believe you can, i'm not assuming anything about things i don't know. Instead, i'm trying to read the experts on this game to see what they figure out of all this Game update mess. Pisses me off when some crying kiddo thinks his opinion is something factual when he lacks even proper english to back it.

For instance: A good loadout for Mental, i can't test one because i got my arm immobilized ( Broke it ).
    Also, i want to see their opinion on the Fire/Ice update. Not some idiot crying over spoilled milk.

I am, at least, leaving the ground for the people who can talk the talk and walk the walk. You only complain, cry, complain and cry some more.

I repeat: Lit a candle. May help your fire dps.
  7. TrueMarvel New Player

Spike your now on my ignore. I'm sorry, Krist, from my screen you now look like you have been debating with yourself ;)
    • Like x 1
  8. Kristyana New Player

That happens quite a bit, actually :p
  9. Kristyana New Player

That's nice and all, but doesn't answer my question.
  10. shadowkia New Player

Im happy your taking the nerf to fireburst as lightly as I but please ignore Spike for now as he is just going to keep trolling.
    • Like x 1
  11. Spike New Player

I am already like when unexperience players try write something about something, because all the time they dont wrote anything right.
  12. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

I think since mass detonation is so unreliable, it should spread all active DoTs, plus a nice big hit of its own, similar to nature's harvest. That would at least make it a viable power, at least for pve, wildfire could also do something similar, only without the big hit. This would make it good for pvp.

Just a thought.
  13. Spike New Player

Krystyan stay as fire tank, because as dps you cant write anything useful only jokes maybe.
  14. Kristyana New Player

You're cute. I'm gonna call you "Peaches."
  15. TrueMarvel New Player

why is he not on your ignore yet?
  16. Kristyana New Player

I'm bored, I need the amusement.
  17. Palus New Player

well hopefully you guys will get attention soon and doesnt take as long as mental, because mental is barely starting to get some things fixed in our power set fixed such as menace. Were still waiting thought on other things within the power set to get fixed.
  18. Ultimate Alpha Well-Known Player

Yep....I don't know if there were NO fire play testers on the test servers or whether our community just missed the boat - but it looks like the squeaky wheel got the grease this time. SB - I really liked your idea of linking the HOT in Stoke Flames to the number of burning adds...oh, well, maybe when the PS4 comes out there will be a NEW, new update.
  19. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

:( I tried, i was only on the test server for like 3 days but i felt like no one was posting any real concerns for fire, my only hope is we can get some hotfixes
  20. Assassins creed New Player

[IMG]What about the assassin's?