Fire is getting no attention for Revamp: details inside

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by The M, Feb 17, 2013.

1. The M New Player

Here are some major changes that worry me:

Ice gets a 50% damage buff for ---> 60 seconds.
    Thats huge!! if you compare that as a fire, our 60% multipliers now require a cast time, and only a few powers grant the 50% that are actually useful, there is no way fire can keep up with this in fast paced battles (particularly pvp).

Fire has no shields:
    Now Ice shields scale resto+dom. That is around 800-1000 maybe. Fire have no shields at all.
    Improvement to burning determination would be a plus to fire. If it heals, it should also stop the damage while those 3 hits land. (Sometimes the damage taken by 3 hits is higher than the healing received). And adding an absorbtion element would make fire more competitive in 1v1 situations. Fire is at serious disadvantage.

Inmolation:
    Now it burns when you´re being attacked. But in pvp, as a fire we are not a target. So it´s kinda useless. Same for pve, if the tank holds the agro.

And the new SC for Volcano, its a 50% but is still useless. Is not worthy. Why is not done like again 100% but a big meteor strike or something more spectacular and worth.

I would like to hear what people want to add here =)
    • Like x 2
  2. The M New Player

Cleanses:
    Make the cleanses worthy for both powersets. It should put us right in our feet as a proper cleanse. (Same as distract /gadgets).

Also, how the tanking sets will improve in pvp? Now are useless with consumables. Cleanses should last longer, and serums should not be that spammable.
  3. The M New Player

If fire is intended to be more squishy, increase the damage so it can be worthy in the tradeoff. Don´t expect us to try a mass detonation in a 1v1 situation.
  4. Dump Truck New Player

I agree with you completely. All you can read on the testing feedback is fire envy. Nowhere do you see the information you posted on there. If you are going to add a shield that gives dominance and resto and a 60 second 50% buff - I think ice should know it out with the fire envy.
  5. The M New Player

Here is the link:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/next-on-pc-test-game-update-23.13/

Also, here is a copy paste of it:

Powers
    ·Fire
    oFireburst:
    §Will no longer do both the base and its power interaction damage. Damage to Burning, Frostbitten, and Electrified enemies is balanced to the new damage equivalent in Frostblast.
    oMeteor and Meteor Strike:
    §The Burning interaction will now stay on your target if they breakout from the knockdown.
    oSnuff Out:
    §Now gives 50% Damage bonus instead of 60% since it no longer has the 3 second cast time.
    ·Ice
    oNew Power Interaction Damage over Time Field
    §This will no longer stack with itself and will no longer stop itself from doing all damage when trying to be reapplied. This affects Glacial Flash, Arctic Gust, Freeze Wave, Avalanche, Shatter Restraints, and Resonating Gale. Increased the damage.
    oArctic Gust:
    §The visual effects for Arctic Gust will now play correctly while in Ice Elemental form.
    oFrostblast:
    §Now does more damage to Rooted, Burning, Frostbitten, and Electrified enemies.
    oHibernation:
    §The visual effects will now show properly on use.
    oIce Armor:
    §Players now have 50% DPS bonus the entire time you are in Ice Armor instead of 40%.
    §Players are now properly buffed with Defense, Toughness, and Control Resistance while in Tank Role. These buffs cannot be overwritten for the first 48 seconds by other Tank powers. If you cast a power to get the buffs during the last 12 seconds it will be refreshed and stay on you when Ice Armor falls off.
    §Players no longer have to cast Ice Bash, Cold Snap, or Reflection a sixth time to get the buffs. You get them at the same time the Ice Armor is applied.
    §Using a power that gives a 60% DPS buff (Frostblast) will give you the extra 10% while in Ice Armor and will work with Enduring Damage Tactical Mod until Ice Armor falls off.
    §Players no longer have a constant 5% Crit Chance and 5% Crit Damage buff while in Ice Armor.
    oIce Bash:
    § Gives a 10% Crit Damage and 5% Crit Chance. In Ice Armor it gives 7% Crit Chance instead of 5%.
    §This is now flagged as beneficial.
    oImpaling Ice:
    §Gives 50% Damage bonus instead of 60% since it no longer has the 3 second cast time
    oReflection:
    §Damage Absorption now scales to 100% of Dominance + 10000 instead of just a flat 10000 while in Tank role.
    §Damage Absorption now scales to 100% of Dominance (same) + 100% of Restoration (was 50%) while in DPS role.
    oResonating Gale:
    §Added a new Power Interaction DoT field
    oShatter Restraints:
    §Damage Absorption now scales to 100% of Dominance (same) + 100% of Restoration. This matches the Gadgets and Mental changes.
    oWinter Ward:
    §Damage Absorption now scales to 100% of Dominance (same) + 100% of Restoration . This matches the Gadgets and Mental changes.
  6. TrueMarvel New Player

Am I the only one that sees a subtle nerf to fire? or maybe I'm just crazy.
  7. Radium Devoted Player

I even agree with it.

Some of the stuff people are still askin for with Ice is gettin out of hand in there. IMO it needs a few more tweaks but if they adding stuff on like the last update then Ice is going to go in crazy OP territory.
  8. The M New Player

No, you´re not the only one. Basically, fire got new animations but meehh damage.
    Now, ice players got attention, am fine with it, but they´re demanding to be OP.
    If they´re gonna do changes, am cool but be even.

We have:
    No mitigation
    Dots that last a bit and are low on damage.
    Only 2 cast powers that grants 60% and are not that useful, damage is random, easily interruptable, and more gimmicks.
    Heals are nowhere near the damage mitigation of ice (either dps/tank role).

Give us burning determination as reflect!
  9. Dump Truck New Player

I think you should change your title of your post or repost it in the testing feedback - worded as a valid arguement without hate. The title implies that fire's getting the short end of the stick, which while we may agree with, most will think that is a joke.
  10. Dump Truck New Player

It's not even that... it's like they are also demanding every power fire has which is good they must have an equal... plus whatever powers they already have that we don't.

I posted this in Gotham: I wish I could post on the testing feedback to refute the calls for Fire nerf, Ice buff:

I understand that the fire and ice powers are live on the test server. All the feedback is great to read. I think the general comments are much more geared as 'NERF FIRE BUFF ICE" but I just want to bring to mind, ice got a lot of huge increases.

I think some of the ice players are trying, not so well, to not be mean spirited comparing thier tanking bretheren. Don;t forget Ice, you got:
    -Frostbite dots on almost all of your powers - this puts you on scale with fire's melee clipping dot stacking loadouts - the most effective way to fire dps. (much more powerful than fireburst spam)
    -A shield that adds dominance AND restoration. . . think a fire tank will ever get a dom/resto shield?
    -You still have reflect, whereas fire has no power that bounces or mitigates damage
    -Fireburst nerfed - Congrats, you've officially prevented ****** fire dps's from topping you on the charts. The good ones will still top it by 500k.
    -A pet - not that we want one... but it's something you have we don't.

But now I'm reading complaints on flashpoint, fireball barrage, etc. Now it is sounding more like, 'How can we make ice even more OP and nobody will notice".

Enough, Ice is on the same par with fire. It is just different. There are many things ice has that fire players wouldn't mind either. (I'd love a reflect - I'm sure some would like a pet - or a power that ads dominance and resto). No powers should be 100% equal, there should be differences. I think people are forgetting this on the testing feedback section. Chill out.
  11. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Is anyone here on the test server......... I feel like fire has no voice in that thread its all ICE all the time
    • Like x 1
  12. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Most if not all of his original post is wrong. 60% moves have always been cast times. Immolation could be useful for a tank. Burning D has always stopped some damage while healing a little. Fire also doesn't need a shield, with the correct gear you should be able to take the multiple 3k hits from bosses and barely notice it in your health.
    • Like x 1
  13. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Or can someone direct me to where to dl the game and how to get into the test server?
  14. TrueMarvel New Player

This thread is kinda making me sad.
  15. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Im getting on this test server, downloading the game for pc now
  16. Seetheus New Player

trust me, we haven't even seen the worst. I am still mentally/emotionally preparing for the post update nerf that fire will be slammed with...just like mental...such injustice :(
  17. AIpha New Player

You need a legendary PC account so you will need to view your subscriptions there is a link somewhere on the main page.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/welcome-to-pc-test.12/
    That is the link for downloading the test server. If you can't find where to be legendary you can just download the test. Sign in and upgrade your sub from the launcher. I've been on test for a while. Fire is not as bad as you all are making it out to seem. You guys can get manny dots now(even if they do tick pretty low I will agree a slight buff to those is in order) inferno+flash point will get you 2 overheat is 3, enflame is 4, and you could even get a fifth from meteor if you wanted. You guys are basically now becoming Electric with a finisher which isn't a bad thing, considering you also have 2 great dps supercharges and the option for massive AoE blasts. Will your core gameplay change?No(if you were an insta caster, if you were a fireburst spammer well yeah your playstyle will change).

Ice had much more issue than fire coming into this update and it was pretty well known. Thats why there is more vocal people on the ice side. There have been a few people for fire voicing their opinion on the new power being too short and I personally have tried to tell them the new spontaneous combustion is a waste of a slot still. So we are there trying to give proper balance advice it was just ice had a lot more issue out the gate here with the GU so once those are solve there will be more room for fire to come in and say this is what we think is wrong. Right now unfortunately you guys are getting drowned out by the plethora of ice needs buffs complaints(which are valid).
  18. Circe New Player

I'm sorry but Ice needed the love.
  19. Satla Well-Known Player

I cant believe you are serious.
    I mean, if you look at dps numbers, right now at current test both powersets are quite even.
    in tank mode, fire have triple the amount of effective hp as ice, a shield will make it redicoulus.
    Stop crying for nerfs and "my powerset isnt as good as his powerset" stuff. its silly and especially when you dont get your facts right.
    You guys need to remember that you see all those ice requests because fire is alright.

Btw, volcanic calamity = bunker buster = strafe run
    sooo, really good sc
    • Like x 3
  20. TrueMarvel New Player

... Noone cried for nerfs. People cried for buffs but kept mentioning Fireburst as the standard. The standard was just lowered
  21. Dump Truck New Player

I think you are caught up in the details and missing the points he is making.

- Ice has a 50% modifier that last one minute. None of our buffs last that long.
    - Ice has a shield - which you are correct that we can withstand that damage... there are benefits to actually having a shield that our power set lacks (like reviving players while being attacked)

I think the spirit is to highlight the differences that Ice has that fire does not... not to say we want any of those things but to remind ice players as they demand the sun, moon, and stars (and seems to be getting it) that the arguement can equally go the other way - so stop or we'll end up with two identical power sets whose only difference is the hue.