Fire immolation tree is where it's at!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Bonemonkey627, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Warlan New Player

LOL.
  2. sc00basteve New Player

Sparring targets have been proven to be buggy on the test server buddy. That's why we are running raids. Just look us up on USPS3.
  3. MrWormmwood New Player

first let me say firestar ive played with you before not impressed and if you do have that many sp your not using them right. second warlen how about you stop bumping your gums and back all that up. usps3 wormmwood add me send me a tell we will be running raids tonight get one of your "many" fire guys or switch and prove it yourself either way you will have optimum conditions and whoever will get beat AGAIN period end of discussion the whole clumsy canceling the fire guys dots is LOL. time for the chit chat to stop put up or shut up. the first run Night Fire was in for appearance sake and dump truck was ok with it second run we used a earth guy just to fill the raid this time the gloves are coming off. BRING IT. tried being nice but there is always someone who thinks they got it pegged. Any raid and for your sake choose gates. anywhere else your getting mercd.
  4. Warlan New Player

LOL. Go into a raid and have a fire dps or tank pop inferno. Then have the other fire dps pop inferno. Then start crying. Do this for all the other Dots and cry some more. Then get angry at SOE. Enjoy your spring break fellas!
  5. Warlan New Player

Wait, is this about Clumsy being good or is this about Fire overwriting and being buggy? Cause all I see is some chest thumping by some clowns. LOL.
  6. MrWormmwood New Player

ok QQr there will be a hard light troll and a gadgets troll or you gunna post some more garbage about that to?
  7. MrWormmwood New Player

all he used was recharge I was the other troll ok. and your little guide here I don't see psycic empowerment so help me out? I debuffed so he didn't use his so again your point?
  8. MrWormmwood New Player

This is pointless this guy will never reveal who he is or ever back any of this fire can keep up bologna. I called you out that's the end of it we will be waiting.
  9. sc00basteve New Player

WARLAN. We are offering to work with you on all these supposed issues you have with overwriting but the fact that mental has those PI's is an advantage of the powerset = not unfair like you seem to be implying.

And if you must know. Here is the FireTanking loadout I've used for the past year:
    (L to R across the loadout bar)
    Flashpoint, Mesmerizing Lasso, Backdraft, Immolation, Burn out, Burning Determination.

No Inferno... Never Inferno.
  10. Jaye31987 Well-Known Player

Before the topic gets completely derailed. Can we try to keep the hostility down a bit. This thread got over 6k views and 400 replies. Lets not throw that away and get this thead lock. Clumsy is doing a good thing for us fire ppl. The more we lose the more the chances we might get fix. As long it stays some what stable, dev might put some though into it and might "investigate".

One thing I keep reading and will say one more time. Its NOT fire power cooldown that prevents clipping style like some other powers. People need to stop saying that. Its Wrong! If you want to clip non stop you could rotate between detonate and flashpoint non stop infinity with no cool down. So this cool down theory is illogical. What is logical is the "animation timing".... EVERY second counts. While we do a stupid flashpoint and jumping in the air for those 2 seconds, a gadget will throw fear gas and be on with his next combo while we still in the air finishing flashpoint animation. Fire animations are SLOW. Flashpoint, inferno, enflames, fiery weapon, S. Comp are all atleast 2 seconds.
    • Like x 2
  11. Warlan New Player

Eh? Doesn't sound like that to me. Seriously, step into an alert an test it. Fire overwrites. It needs to be fixed. I'm not wasting my time testing it anymore till they fix it. I've never implied that it's FAIR that mental doesn't have those issues. I don't know where you got that from. I'm trying to direct what I believe is a misguided issue with fire. It's not the powers persay that are gimped, it's the damn overwriting that makes it gimped. IF, and I say if cause I haven't tested it in awhile, Pyro conflicts negatively towards fire then there is even MORE of a problem then just fire dps vs fire dps. It used to but I haven't been mental in ages. Anything you cast that inflicts burning, should overwrite the fire dps burning dot (the additional smaller dot). It won't overwrite the power specific dots (inferno has it's own dot).

Look, I have to go get my daughter and prepare for my trip but just go test it out. Will take you all of 10min.
  12. Dump Truck New Player

I dont think anyone will be happy unless this happens again with no other fire player present. That premise alone highlights it's inherent deficencies, but I'm usually free after 9pm or 10pm. Saturday I won't be on.

I really could care less either way - I have ran with players in your league and know they are cool - but I would like this thread to die so a thread on making fire better, how, and why could begin.

That said, I like fire and will stay fire for the forseeable future. I think these tests, esp the one we ran, didn't prove much for power sets, but that we are all players of equal skill. If there are no other fire players in the raid, then that should end it - but again, it shows a deficency just having to run it that way.
    • Like x 2
  13. sc00basteve New Player

Thanks for the offer and I totally agree. We will be talking to you later.
    • Like x 1
  14. sc00basteve New Player

This has been the "There is something wrong and we can prove it" thread.
    I think a "How-to adjust fire" or "How to play your broken powerset" thread is in order :)
    • Like x 2
  15. Orca New Player

fire overwriting so bad is one of it many flaws. along with the sluggish animations posted above.

you keep getting stuck on one thing when as a whole your missing the bigger picture.
    • Like x 1
  16. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

GL to all, i will fully support a lets improve fire thread
    • Like x 1
  17. TrueMarvel New Player

I was waiting too.lol.
  18. Clumsy New Player

@Warlan, my pyro only hits 1 target not like fires and mine is only 1 move i do that does that so if fire overwrites fire than he is killing my 1 dot since he is fire he does fire damage constantly and takes my 1 tick off. Common sense he doesnt have any! Ur all talk come at me with ur weak earth power ill be glad to destroy u anytime. As u can see in prior raid how bad earth got beat same will happen to u!!!!
  19. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

thanks for the shout out calling me weaksauce btw :rolleyes:

did I have tank gear on? i was in a hurry to get in the raid didn't even look at what I had on me
  20. Clumsy New Player

Lol soul burn my bad bro its before we actually started talking. I was in fight mode for gates had to work myself up to get into beast mode but it was fun bro