Fire immolation tree is where it's at!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Bonemonkey627, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Cajun Tabasco New Player

Oh and btw Clumsy , name the time and place , ill dps a gates run with you all and ill play my normal A game. I am off of work Friday and Saturday and I am sure it will be fun if you're up to it I'm down. Im on USPS3 btw. PSN ID is Wolverine8780 , if you wish to coordinate a time.
  2. Clumsy New Player

I will say it again ur fire power is broken if u dont believe me that ur power is weak sauce show me how good it really is. This time well use a ice tank to make ppl happy!
  3. Clumsy New Player

Will do ill add u to see when we got enough ppl on game
  4. Cajun Tabasco New Player

This will be fun either way. I can't wait.
  5. Bonemonkey627 New Player

Yea bro .. I was trying to do this with dump truck ... I keep getting nocked out of fireburst . So trying to get that 60% sucked !! So I stopped using it in the raid ....
  6. Bonemonkey627 New Player

I know what your getting at and there was a mental troll in the same raid ...
  7. Bonemonkey627 New Player

I say no! I mean how many more times do we have to do a test run? 2x I think was enough to prove a point or try making a point ...

If the league wants to , them I am down . But I'm gonna wait till we have two of are strongest dps .. This guy is coming off way to cocky ! Just saying !
  8. Warlan New Player

Yeah, I hate to say it but you had at least 3 or 4 people overwriting each other in both runs. Since Fire relies on burning DoTs for the most part now you're getting lambasted by the other fire DPS (every single DOT gets overwritten) and by the one run with a fire tank (same thing). You also have Clumsy spamming Pyrokinesis for sure and I'm guessing Phantom Flames (quality of vid is hard to figure it out if it's that or terrorize). I know they used to conflict...

In the end, Clumsy is going to come out on top because most of his damage from his powers is instant, the dots are basically throw away. He's using all of his instant casts to clip WD.

There's a reason I switched my main to Earth...too many Fire users in my league.

This wasn't an issue in the past because Fireburst for the most part when it was glitched hit like a truck whether or not the thing was on fire...and dropping meteors hit like a truck and blocked other peoples DPS (win!).

In the end who cares, a good HL going to smash us all anyway. :)

The solution is to stop powers overwriting each other. Play it your way, yeah right!

And you never said what the loadout was...it's critical.
  9. Jaye31987 Well-Known Player

L-m-a-o. Cajun is a below avg dps. I know because I out dps him within 1 weeks of learning fire dps while he had over a year of exp. Clumsy do not waste ur time unless you want to embaress him. You will atleast double his dmg. Actually the first time I dps with him, I was a n-o-o-b spamming rifle triangle and still out dps him.

On a more serious note, I personally believe that t5 will help slightly making the dps gap smaller, fire still losing. For example inferno is amazing for dps, but if the mobs dies too fast, instead of getting 1700 dmg, fire gets 400 dmg. We lost over 80% dmg! To treat gates like a t5 raid somewhat, use only 2 dps, and NO debuffs. No debuffs will make the mobs last longer; therefore giving fire tics more dmg.
  10. Warlan New Player

Yes, Earth has a similar problem with Debris Field. I stopped using it in anything but Prime. Getting 1 or 2 ticks out of a power blows. That's why everyone is using WD to try to get some damage out before a HL melts everything.
  11. TrueMarvel New Player

Electric is like a more efficient form of fire right? Looking to make Thor
  12. Warlan New Player

Use Mass Det instead if you have those problems...
  13. Clumsy New Player

Just so everyone knows i dont use phantom flames cause it kills my damage over time. I rather use terror tendrills for adds
  14. Bonemonkey627 New Player

What are you talking about ? Have you read anything ? Really have you ?

Test one : two fire dps ran a raid with clumsy ... Video was showed , stats were posted

In test two we changed it ! Soul burn was the only fire dps ! We made that clear ... With or with out two fire dps !!! Clumsy beat soul burn by the same margin , in both raids !!!

Just stop talking please for you mislead anyone
  15. Warlan New Player

How would I mislead anyone? Was anything I said untrue? What was the loadout of the fire tank in the second run with Soulburn or are you going to make me go watch it carefully to figure it out? Does Pyro overwrite Fire? There used to be conflicts but I haven't played Mental in awhile so I don't know. Whether you like it or not the FIRST run is absolute garbage because you had two fire DPS that overwrite each other. The second run was likely garbage too since you had a fire tank. LOL. Look, I know it's frustrating as all get out but the point I'm trying to make to you is not that Fire's powers are gimped, it's that the fact that Fire overwrites each other is the problem. By taking away the burst damage of Fireburst and Meteor they essentially gimped the class because of overwriting problems.
  16. Orca New Player

we used a ice tank on the first run
    • Like x 1
  17. Warlan New Player

Yeah but they had two fire DPS overwriting each other on the first run. Second run they had a Fire TANK overwriting the Fire DPS with at least Inferno. ROFLMAO. Sorry guys. Your damage out is about correct when you consider you're overwriting each other.

I know it's frustrating but the problem with Fire is the overwriting. It's why I switched to Earth for this very fact. There was even a thread about it.
  18. Clumsy New Player

All i can say is wow! Uve proven a different aspect of this fire class is that its broken. If powers overide eachother then the troll was killing my output i would of won by more than
  19. Warlan New Player

No, the troll doesn't overwrite you. He sets you up. And that earth DPS will set you up too depending on which powers you are using. Fire just plain overwrites each other and I _think_ your pyro will overwrite fire too but they may have fixed that. The Thought bubbles set you up to pop with Pyro. A lot of their stuff stuns/helpless/dazes which sets up your PI. The only thing you would have overwritten is potentially your fire DoT but you'd have to check that for yourself.

And yes I agree the overwriting is BROKEN! And it's not JUST Fire that suffers from this. Certain Ice powers have this problem, I believe Sorc circles have this problem, Nature spores, Electricity. Earth and HL to my knowledge are the only ones that don't have this problem.
  20. Orca New Player

fine.... we're going to run it again with and usps3 fire dps and clumsy.

1 ice tank
    3 trolls
    2 healers

will get it together.

any fire dps that want to step up and be recorded AGAIN add Wormmwood in game and will get this going as soon as our members are online.

will look forward to running this again. who doesn't love gates
    • Like x 1