Fire immolation tree is where it's at!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Bonemonkey627, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Bonemonkey627 New Player

This is a serious matter now ! Because the ignition tree is no longer a factor for fire dps'ing ! I so hate whirling dervish ! I see now why some fire melee dps say its fine ! But truly it's not ! I hate being forced to use a power that not fire ! Just to keep up with my league mates !

What the point of the ignition tree now ! Ranging is so hit or miss like always ! Every thing got glitched beyond repair !

The meteor won't show half the time. It explodeds in the ceiling , in the air , vanishes and your not sure it's even falling ! Sometimes or most the time you can't tell if it even hits ! Spawning in the hand is glitched as well ! The more you use it or clip it , it take 6 sec to show it's spawned in your hands ! Plus the damage is so weak beyond my wildest imagination !

In all fire meleeing is the only logical choice.

Can someone always answer why is it everyone get a slice of fire , yet fire gets picked on over and over and over now !

I was thinking this new healing system would be awesome and fix fire tanking in PVp 1v1 nope ! Still can't out heal the damage being done to be while my healing power is active ! I really believe they have no clue on earth what to do with fire anymore !

Also what's with a orbital strike debuffing me? Yet I can't get the same effect one someone else ? Can someone please explain that one ? Or why I can't truly debuff a troll in PVp !? Or why only two powers stack with fire burning and their both cast times & hit for weak sauce ! With the rang being shorter and enemies blocking my powers from going off?

I can honeslty go on and on with all te glitches of fire at this point and what I have noticed after gu23 ! I shouldn't have to say anything ! But then again they can't even show you the right gadget weapons on gu24 web cast !

Ice shield healing now tops with Dom ! Is so weak sauce !

Fire and ice are not the same! Stop trying to make are powers the same !! I don't want ice to have my power interactions or healing shields ! There shields already reflect ! Anyone else just tired of the crap ?

Yes I know it's a mod that you can put in your armor ! Yes I could get a hardlight shield that has less effect and cool down is way longer ! I just saying to much stuff is bad !

I truly feel sorry for nature and sorcery next ! :( ..

I'm tired of seeing any power set get screwed up because the dev's fall on death ears !

They can tell who's played this game for a long time or if your new ! How about asking the vets who been here for 2 half years on the power sets & know the ups and downs along the way! Not the 6 month old player who never had to grind in inner for 4 hrs or longer back in the day!!!
  2. Solmes202 Loyal Player

It's all a matter of style. If a player is successful using his or her own particular approach it's perfectly valid. I favor the immolation tree but it is not the only way to effectively fire DPS.
  3. Bonemonkey627 New Player

I wonder why ! Lol WD huh ! Anyone can play there way. Use mass det and fireburst . Watch how fast a scrub dps passes you .. Lol . Also when one tree is truly dominate over another in damage and powers you wanna use, but cant become there so imbalanced ..

I was a long ranged , but i have changed to melee do to the graphic nature of fire long range ! And not by choice but by force ..
  4. TrueMarvel New Player

Respectively disagree. The immolation tree is the best way to effectively fire dps. You never even have to touch the ignition tree if you don't want to. On the other hand the ignition tree by it self is horrible unless supplemented by some of the immolation tree.
  5. Bonemonkey627 New Player

Anyone care to ask why all top 3 damage powes in the game are

Hardlight
    Gadget
    Mental .

Anyone ? Two are which require you to be up close ! I'm sorry but a tank should be the only one nose to nose with a boss ! I do believe they are changing this because of hardlights style play ! And trying to get other powers caught up ! Which is so wrong !!!
  6. Bonemonkey627 New Player

Dude you made my day ! Thank you ! +1 glad I'm not the only one who feels that way ..
  7. PerfectLegend Dedicated Player

Think about what you just typed right now.

"Changing this because of hardlights style play ! And trying to get other powers caught up ! Which is so wrong !!!"

Are you kidding me right now? That's the worst statement I've heard on these forums yet. You do know Hard Light DPS can range as well, right? They don't always go "YoloSwag" and get in the face of a boss.

In your other post you mentioned fireburst and mass det. That's another problem right there. So many relied on a glitchy fireburst for numbers. Fire changed, so they can't expect to be #1 with the constant spamming of inferno/fireburst anymore. That means you just have to adapt to it. No use ranting about it. I have personally done fine with fire.
    • Like x 1
  8. Abstrakt Loyal Player

Are we playing the same game? While i am still getting used to the changes with fire im working more on my interactions, im ranged not mele i live longer that way and my damage ratio is 3 to 1 right now so im getting there.

"top 3 damage powes in the game are

Hardlight
    Gadget
    Mental ."

I disagree with this statement. First of i know many many LIGHT power sets that play ranged and can be near impossible to keep up with.One handed and mele is not the end all for that powerset.

I can beat mental on my nature dps and stay right there with gadgets oh yeah and im ranged.
    Gadgets do not have to mele to be top Ive seen many use a bow and do very well.

im sorry but if you rely on clipping your one handed with gadgets instead of working on a solid rotation with interactions you fail.

Mental isnt as great as it was because of the nerf thought bubble i think it was. ive seen a few mental do decent but nothing spectacular in a long time.
    Then theres electric again power interactions are the key here. You get them right have some strong trollers you can be top dps easy.

Once they fix fire im sure it will be the same way. Nature will mostly stay the same on the plant side. Sorc im afraid of what they are going to do to it.
    As far as your comment about going toe to toe with a boss. That depends on the boss and how you play.
    Take prime for example the bosses really cant be held that well by a tank the tank holds adds. We stay on the boss some mele some dont.

They are not going to change all the powers into line with hard light....thats just silly
  9. Asura Maximum New Player

First and foremost, FIRE WAS NOT FORCED TO MELEE. Fire Melee Doors was widen so the Fire Melee DPS's have a Better chance to keep up with other Clip heavy powersets. And by the way. One Tree with always Specialize in Each role Tank/Damage.Did you know that if you spend more power points in one tree you will get Bonuses?
    1. Immolation = 1% Crit Chance with 35+ Health < Mainly Tanks use this Tree And
    2. Ignition =5% Crit attack Chance with 25+ health < Mainly DPs
    I am and always will be a Fire DPS because i dont like to get up close and personal in Raids. Alerts and Mission are diffrent. Fire is a Burst Damage powerset, Believe what you want but you will never know until you fully understand what Fire even does. even though Fireburst was fixed it still hit Hard. MassDet hit wildly but you wont complain with it hit over 3k Numerous times. To Maximize Fire you have to keep your Fire AOE's UP!.
    I used to use the Meatball Pre GU23 but now im a OVERHEAT man. the only thing changed is my Meatball changing places with OVERHEAT which is overall better and it hit Mulitple targets in the area. I also use Denation which hit pretty hard for a 35%.
    My loadout for Raids are, Detnation,Firehands,Overheat,MassDet,Inferno,Fireburst. This will always and forever will be mines mines mines. You can still burst damage and the people that say the only thing DPS do to top the charts is inferno > Fireburst. LOL Well think again Before your second Fireburst even come out the Inferno DOTS are gone. Thats why FIRE DPS now dont understand why their power seem low becuase the DEVS are making FIRE DPS work a lil harder for those numbers. Use Firehands Before Fireburst and look at the Dam Output.
    Gadgets,HL,Mental are not the strongest powersets and will never be the strongest powersets. No powerset conquer over another. Its just the way you use them in combat. Last night i got asked what was i doing by a HL DPS because i kept up with him in Damage. the nerve of some folks. But Anyway FIRE HAVE NOT LOST HIS TOUCH HE JUST NEED TO BE LET LOOSE!!! AND GIVE IT MORE GAS!
    • Like x 1
  10. OG ELITE Committed Player

Give us back fire!! It's not right to allow your players to invest money to make a character better for 2 years then you basically turn me into a t2 dps. Sucks. What's the difference in me spamming inferno fireburst fiery weapon to a hardlight spamming ram snap trap fan? I know... nothing. People get mad because they couldn't top dps charts and get us nerfed. BS!
    • Like x 1
  11. Asura Maximum New Player

amen
  12. PerfectLegend Dedicated Player

Fireburst was bugged. That's a huge difference there, in my opinion.
    • Like x 2
  13. OG ELITE Committed Player

Fireburst may have been bugged but it was the only thing that made it useful. Fireburst is crap now. Matter fact all range abilities are crap now. If you ain't fire I don't need your opinion.
    • Like x 1
  14. PerfectLegend Dedicated Player

Listen to yourself. You're saying you relied on a bugged fireburst to do damage. Lol. I don't know what to say to that.

If I have an opinion, I'll very well say it. I don't care if you agree with me or not, so straighten up your attitude and get some manners.

If you read my previous post, you'd notice why I said something at all on this topic.

Ranged abilities are all (I know what you said, but I'll replace it) bad now? You're able to stack a few of your moves. Want more range? Use a bow.
    • Like x 1
  15. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm saying this:

Lol. Mental.

If you had played Mental, you'd realize they're on the same boat as Fire and, to a lesser extent, Ice. In this case, you would instead say, Illusions is where it's at. Why? Because the Telekinetic Tree has problems in Alert and Raid instances. It has difficulty setting up its own power interaction, the Dazed interaction. Unless the person relies heavily on teammates to control or cast Tectonic Break, unless he's alright with just dealing with single-target powers, a Telekinetic Mental toon will have an inconsistent damage out at best, or a weak damage out at worst.
    • Like x 1
  16. OG ELITE Committed Player

Look you can get all mouthy with me if you want, fact is all fire dps had a certain play style for 2 years and invested time and money to build that character and the devs completely ruined it. Believe it or not there are players that don't use the forums that feel the same way I do. Fireburst may have been bugged but it apparently was the only thing that made it useful. Fire is crap now, and I'm sorry but no fire dps can beat and equally geared hard light guy that really know how to do it. They claim they can but they ain't running with the guys that really know what they're doing
  17. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Mental would like a word with you.
  18. Jaye31987 Well-Known Player

I could out prolly out dps 95% of the dps in this games even after update 23 as fire, but the 5% people that are actually good (hardlight/gadget) they embarress my damage to no end. They make me look like im wearing t3 armor. I tried countless hours of loadout rotations, a good fire dps will never be close to a good hl/gadget. Keyword is "good" btw.
  19. PerfectLegend Dedicated Player

A certain playstyle? Lol. Not everyone has the same playstyle. I LOVE how you not only try to justify a bug, but keep on comparing fire to Hard light. Seems like you're upset only because you can't beat that specific power.

The overall point is Fire is still good. I think we made that point. Many others stated the same in your other thread.
    • Like x 1
  20. Jaye31987 Well-Known Player

I would also like to note even before firebrust Nerf. Technically speaking , a good fire still cant beat a good hl/gadget.
    • Like x 2