Finish off the Quark Vendor.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Draconiano, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Yeah. Putting the elite version of Abyssal in the QV is a strike to the face. That thing is ridiculously overpriced.
    • Like x 3
  2. lukelucky Devoted Player

Krypto is like $15 dollars so fair pricing..... I dont think they get it or maybe they deliberately sanotage the market place.

Since qwarks were dropped i have almost 3,000 qwarks. I believe i opened close to 10 mega capsules.

As a customer who paid $120 a year since 2011 i feel utterly disrespected everytime i think of dcuo. If not for the fantastic work done by the devs id cancel my sub and contribute zero dollars. Thing is the decision makers are not devs and the devs deserve to be supported imo
    • Like x 3
  3. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I know, all they been seeing lately is how to make more money, this whole artifact system in the capsule shows it with the sin stones along with the enhanced suit only in the quarks vendor, players have to open the capsule more than wanted
    • Like x 1
  4. SkullGang Devoted Player

People still care about that thing ? Once I did the the real money conversions I immediately lost hope.
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yeah... the Sin Stone thing is pretty bad and the addition of the Artifacts is pretty bad too. :(

For the Time Capsules and the Quarks vendor..... not a big issue for me since I was already opening TC to begin with.

We could argue previously to defend TC that people who did not want to open TC could get everything from the TC on the Broker without spending a single cent to open TC.

Sadly..... now that is no longer the case.

So it has become pretty much impossible to defend the TC now. :(

So now... you pretty much HAVE to buy Stabilizers to open TC if you want to have the Enhanced version of the Black Manta style.

And I suspect it will be the same for future styles in future TC.
    • Like x 4
  6. OnlyNomad The One Above All

If you look at it, the Quarks vendor as always been about monetizing on TCs. The prices are inflated in order to force players to buy more TCs.

Sadly, it worries me when I look at these cash grabs, mostly because it makes me wonder, what kind of bad financial situation is DB in right now?

Lately they've been resorting to really shady monetization methods amidst the terrible feedback from the community. When I read devs or community managers ask us about our feedback now, I feel like it's almost arrogant sarcasm.

I don't believe the community as ever had an issue with spending money to support this game but obviously this gambling for items situation is taking its toll and you can feel it in the air.
    • Like x 2
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I think it’s just that the price is completely exorbitant. I hardly ever got those bloody motes so I had to spend ridiculous amounts of ingame money just to enhance 3-4 styles :(
  8. FoolsFire Devoted Player

For the record, I noticed I've been getting a lot of 29 Quarks since the new TC. So that's at least something. I haven't spent any since day one and I'm at 3,000. So, half way to that Resplendent Box. *fingers crossed*
    • Like x 1
  9. TestReporter Loyal Player

The Quarks vendor was supposed to make TCs fair and it actually made them even more a RNG based crap. They keep putting more items on the quarks vendor because it works, people buy it and i doubt they will change things while there are players supporting the system.

Another thing, did anyone else notice stacks of over 100 pieces of abyssal gear coming from one person? I know there can be rich guys, but it's still strange, you know ;).
    • Like x 2
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You barely got any Motes from the TC themselves.
    The trick is to get them from the Broker.

You pretty much HAD to get them Motes from the Broker.
    But getting them Motes from the Broker was never an issue.
    Easy enough to get the $$$ needed to buy them Motes from the Broker.
    You just have to be willing to play the Broker game a bit.

The toughest ones to get were the Beyond ones... and even then they are not that hard to get.
    • Like x 1
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

At first I liked this new system because I had enough qwarks from opening resurgence mega capsules to get it straight off the bat. Having fallen in love with the enhanced belt and now requiring another 2700 qwarks to get one for everyone... I’m starting to reconsider my position. :(
    • Like x 3
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yeah... it get pricey fast. I bought 2 Enhanced Black Manta already. :eek:

Although one day... many weeks from now when we get the Style Sharing option..... maybe you will be able to buy the Black Manta belt using replays someday??
    • Like x 2
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Which is why tomorrow, when everyone’s back in the office, I’m going to suggest that they fast track the enhanced abyssal style and any future enhanced TC sets obtained using this method for style unlock eligibility. I think people would feel a lot better about the asking price if they knew it was basically getting them the full set on every character they’ve ever made and will ever make.
    • Like x 1
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

That's a good idea to suggest. Although we'll have to see how much RL cash it wll take you to unlock it for your alts as well. Here's hoping for 22 max.
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well, the enhanced style shown in the screenshot was free to unlock... shoot for the stars, amirite? :D
    • Like x 2
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

That would be awesome. And fair, considering the effort to attain them. :D
    • Like x 2
  17. The Nightwing New Player

Like somebody else stated: my worst nightmare would be to see something awesome released (like iconic hair or gear) and put directly in QV for $500
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  19. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Did they remove the power auras from the QV? I thought they were planned to be there permanently.
  20. Zneeak Devoted Player

LMAO!!!
    • Like x 1