Finish off the Quark Vendor.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Draconiano, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Draconiano Committed Player

From the very start the Quark vendor was a fiasco, we asked for a vendor where we could buy the ultra-rare collections from TCs using currency obtained from these but instead we got new styles at crazy prices but still no trace of collections.

We all know what happened and how the "forgiven people" got tons of quarks, adding new things to the quark vendor is just gifting to them and thats not fair.

My suggestions are:
    1- Let the Quark Vendor sink in the oblivion and never again add anything new to it (unless you are adding rare collections from TCs).
    2- Give us a way to buy Quarks with in game money, let's say you can buy a box of quarks that gives a random amount for 100k (this will make quarks less rare).
    3- Do a brand new Quark Vendor 2.0 and give new currency in the upcoming TCs and put in it fair prices for previous and new styles.

Some people will think "these are just styles, we don't care" but I do, since the "shall not be spoken" incident happened, I think we should do something about the Quarks, we are still gifting things to these people and they don't deserve them.

Also I have to add to all this, the quark RNG is ridiculous, after opening 25 ± Mega Capsules
    and 20 Assassin TC, I got only 3600 Quarks maybe I just had bad luck, but it's really just me having bad luck?

Quark Vendor prices: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/time-and-space-quark-vendor-guide.291448/
    • Like x 7
  2. Dazz-252 Committed Player

I've always feared they would put something I want in the Quarks Vendor (QV) because the prices of anything in there is ridiculous compared to how to obtain this currency. I have a friend, who out of principle wont buy stabilizers, like me, he wanted the Stealth Material. Gonna take YEARS, unless you drop hundreds of pounds.

I feel bad for him, that's why I fear they will put something I want in the QV. Like a Material, Aura or something.

The QV is bad, worse than Time Capsules it's self because Time Capsules are a conduit to get to the QV. So there's a level of Hell below Time Capsules and it's called the Quarks Vendor.
    • Like x 2
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

Oh yeah thanks for reminding me, I gotta update that thing :D
    • Like x 1
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

The amount of quarks you got is pretty good actually. According to you, you opened a total of about 225 time capsules. Most give 10, and a few give more. An average of 15 is pretty good. Your average was actually 16 quarks per capsule.
    • Like x 2
  5. Dazz-252 Committed Player

Still, the average is a robbery, in the big picture.
    • Like x 4
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yeah, I'm not commenting on the prices. I was just pointing out that he did pretty good with the amount he got.
    • Like x 2
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

No bad luck.

That seems to be how low the RNG is set for the Quarks.

Remember when they had the Live Stream to show us the Quarks???

They had like 20 TC ready to open to show us the Quarks.... but they stopped after opening 10 TC because they kept on getting the minimum...... or very close to minimum like 13 or 17.

It was a little embarassing because they were trying to tell us that you could get up to 100+ Quarks in a TC..... but they kepy on getting 10.... 10.... 10 ....10 ..... so they quickly stopped opening TC.

Actually the fact that you got 3600 is pretty good..... I would have expected you to have little more then 2500.

If you open TC to get Quarks...... you will be dissapointed.

Open it for what is in the TC...... and see the Quarks as a bonus.

Although..... with the Enhanced Abyssal style on the Quarks vendor.... they pretty much made the Quarks mandatory to get the Enhanced Styles now. :( :(
    • Like x 6
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I have to agree with you.... what he got was really good.

In my experience.... the average is more like 10.001 per capsule...... or something like that (yeah... I know I am exagerating a bit ;) ). ;) ;)

I never really did the math.... but I pretty much always seem to get the minimum... and only once in a while get a little more. ;)

So in my experience..... getting 3600 for him was actually quite good.
    • Like x 1
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

• Like x 4
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Not robbery.

But....
    unless you are very rich and can afford to open a LOT of Time Capsules.....
    do NOT open Time Capsules to get Quarks.

With the current RNG.... you are pretty much garanteed to get 10 Quarks per TC.

So the math is pretty simple to do.

If you open 10 TC??? you will have 100 Quarks (technically more..... but if you expect 100 Quarks and get 125.... you will feel like you got lucky ;) ;) ).

So..... if you want 899 Quarks to buy the Enhanced Abyssal style.... you will need to open 90TC. The reall number is probably more like 80TC..... but again if you open 80 expecting 900 Quarks and you only get 850 Quarks... you will be dissapointed.

So expect 10 Quarks per TC. If you get more... do the happy dance cause you got lucky. ;) ;)

Again.... do NOT open TC to get Quarks.
    Open it to get the Styles in it.

Although they got rid of the Emblems in the Assassin TC.... which was great to get a bunch of nice styles for my small army of characters. :(

Heck even the Collections should not be expected to drop from TC.
    You will get some Collections from TC... but most Collections you will have to play the Broker to get them.

And before someone mentions it... yes I did buy the Enhanced Abyssal style..... twice. :eek:
    So I do have first hand knowledge when it comes to TC and the Quarks vendor. ;) ;)

11. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I needed a good laugh. I had to go back and watch that part. thank you... awesome stuff. LOL
    • Like x 1
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You are welcome. :D

I am tempted to go and watch it again myself. ;) ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Tbh it's BS, they should've had the ones in the quarks vendor AND the r&d way with the motes, and had some internal taking way to see how many do which method instead of forcing us to only obtain it from the quarks vendor
    • Like x 2
  14. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I have to agree. I think DCUO would have been better served to keep the enhanced R&D part and also add the enhanced to the quarks vendor.
    • Like x 1
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Not really.

It's not a matter of which version players prefer.

It is a way to garantee that they can monetize the Enhance styles.

Previously you could open 0 TC.... buy the plans on the Broker..... and craft the Enhanced version of a style.
    And it would cost you $0.

Now you HAVE to open..... roughly 80 TC to have enough Quarks to buy the Enhanced version from the Quarks vendor.

It adds an extra layer of monetisation for the Enhanced style.

Previously you could have the Enhanced version for $0.

Now?? You pretty much need to spend roughly $80 for the Enhanced style (yes technically less thanks to the Free stabilizers you can earn).

Sure.... you can still get it "free" using the Free Stabilizers...... but it will take you 3+months that way to get ONE Enhanced style.

So the new way pretty much garantees that they will make $$$ if you want the Enhanced version of the Style.
    • Like x 1
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

The players would have been better served to keep the R&D system. You could craft the style 100% for free with that system.

DCUO will be better served with the new system since people will pretty much HAVE to spend at least some $$$ to open TC to get Quarks to get the Enhanced version of a style now.

Now it will be much much much more difficult to get the style for free.
    You will have to spend some $$$ to get the Quarks for the style.... unless you are willling to wait 3+month to open some free TC. ;)
  17. Dazz-252 Committed Player

Yeah I get you, sometimes i have my negative moments and I want to express myself regardless of what I quote. lol (Post before speak)
    • Like x 1
  18. Dazz-252 Committed Player

That is my gripe tho. I'm not talking specific numbers within the game. The whole practice in general. Can you give me numbers on real based money, please. I'd like to know that.
    • Like x 1
  19. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

The bad luck is also normal luck. Quark used to mean a physics term, now if I see word; I get a negative association.

Kinda shame, because the artist team generally do a good job on the auras / styles. Why can't they just reasonably price them.

There are people willing to buy; just at a reasonable price and none of this rng crap. And the ppl who finally get that 'thing' then look back at the opportunity costs; I could have gotten a full retail game or buy a new low end computer.
    • Like x 1
  20. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

Yeah I can definitely see the rare tc collections being thrown into the vendor for over 9k.
    Actually, why would the devs throw them into the QV?
    The whole point of capsules is to have that one or two rare things that forces people to open capsules.

Anyways, continue to give the devs ideas and suggestions only for them to completely take them too far and force you to pay even more in order to bypass RNG just to buy one collection from the QV at over 9k Quarks. :D
    • Like x 3