FFXIV PHASE 4 BETA

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Duragon, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Jake New Player

Ok, I bought a Digital Copy of FFXIV Collectors Edition, should I download the whole game again or not?
  2. Iris Dark New Player

Not sure. I had the P4 client downloaded before I made the PSN CE purchase and when it prompted me to DL it said I already DL'd it so it must mean the P4 client and launch client are the same.
  3. Jake New Player

P4 is the latest client yes?

I did the same, but it didn't tell me I already DL'd it.
  4. Tule New Player

I don't agree with this. Because they went casual to grab more people you can get a lot done soloing. Especially when you get up to high level quests. Lancer story missions have you being psuedo mentored by a guy who says you can only gain courage through trial by fire. So you often fight many enemies at once. Its for casuals, so its easy, but if you don't take advantage of all your skills and positioning then you can lose. I've seen bad players dead at the destinations all the time. Yes combat takes it up a notched in parties because you start positioning in different way and start mitigating aggro, but solo combat can be just as fun and is an indicator of the full combat system, just not the party combat system.

I was locked out for over 24 hours thanks o 3102. Go Lnc to 20 and ready to turn in the lvl 20 quest. Got Archer to 20 and ready to turn in lvl 20 quest. Pugilist to like 7. Arcanist to 10 or 11. Unlocked cooking, only made a couple of things. Unlocked dying. Finished the hunting logs available to me on lnc and arc. Finished story available in beta. Explored and unlocked a lot of crystals. Bough a lot of pets, got some good drops. Got a lot of achievement. Overall I really satified with what I was able to do. If only no 3102 I could have gotten arcanist to 20 probably.
  5. KCTAMU92PC122010 New Player

Group play is more dynamic. Some of the fates I walked into had about 25 players on some bird like thing. As a pugilist, I basically have to stand next to the target to be of any use. With that many people around the target, and all those "pretty" effects; I could not see the target. Didn't get a chance to see if effects can be toned down, I hope so.

I also hope that a later levels my casters will be quick. At level 8, I would target, start a cast, by mid cast the target is moving to me and by full cast the target is on me. I would be at the full distance from the target before engaging it. And moving back as your casting does not work. I get the "interrupt" every time. The pet does help with this problem a little though. I just want the ability to move and fight at the same time.

Early on in beta I could not stop pressing shift to block. Dang you DCUO!!!
  6. Jake New Player

Did you get a code emailed or anything? I didn't, but I'm not going to Re-Download. P4 Client and Launch Client are the same, I found out (my PS3 still wants me to dl it though)
  7. fairyoftime New Player

Im so playing this game im gonna be a male miqote arcanist.
  8. fairyoftime New Player

Im gonna change to a scholar so ican get the fairy summon at level 30.
  9. Luthia1281 New Player

You're doing something wrong. As a caster, I could usually get 2/3 spells when targetting a mob from full distance before it could even touch me. The mob doesnt aggro until you hit it, so starting cast doesnt lead to aggro. You were either too close to it or idk but this doesnt sound legit.
  10. KCTAMU92PC122010 New Player

As a Arcanist, pre-Pet, I could move to the target and stop as soon as it can be targeted, stop, start casting, as soon as My character starts it motions the target is moving to me. At this point, I can stand there and the target continues to take damage or if I move the target stops taking damage. This is using the first power.

Now, as a therma?, I cast the first power and it does whatever damage its going to do as soon as it hits. It is a faster cast though than the Arcane one.

If you know what I am doing wrong, I'd like to know. I just kind of work with it for now as I do like Arcanist.

So far I have enjoyed all the casters I have played, just Arcanist seemed to be acting up for me.
  11. Luthia1281 New Player

Nope sounds liek youre doing it right.. I however had no problems sticking them with a few spells before they could even get close to me. Maybe youre getting too close idk tbh. And this is true for any caster, be it ACN THM or CNJ. ACN is Op I think, cant wait to see how it turns out in higher levels.

Also idk if you noticed but the gear you wear helps with the casting. It'd usually have stats like +1/+2 casting speed etc.
  12. KCTAMU92PC122010 New Player

That's good about the gear, I will look into that. Maybe I am getting to close, or maybe lag was affecting my target reticle, making it appear late, therefore getting me to close.

When I got the Pet, most of the casting problem was gone, I just did not want to depend on a pet. If it works though, a pet I will have.

Do like the Arcanist, and, like you, I think the higher levels is where the Arcanist will really bring the pain. Although my pugilist can put the hurt down pretty good at lower levels, so I think it my be a beast at higher levels too.
  13. Tule New Player

Arcanist seems like its a really fun solo and well balanced class, and because of that I doubt it will be able to out damage a good lancer or pugilist. However it's advance class Summoner will probably decimate things. I'm leveling arcanist to 20 asap, but I'll probably go the scholar route.
  14. KCTAMU92PC122010 New Player

I plan on going scholar as well. As a healer, I will get over any hang up I may have with Pets right away. I like the idea of having my own personal tank.
  15. Luthia1281 New Player

I level ACN THM And CNJ all to level 20, cant wait for EA ^_^
  16. KCTAMU92PC122010 New Player

ACN, THM, and PUG here, all to 10 I think. I have not been able to play anything (DC and FFXIV) as much as I would like to lately. Probably a good thing.

Got the CE stuff ready, just waiting on the word from SE for the EA......
  17. Meta Flare New Player

Arcanist on ps3 isn't as good because of the way the hot bars are. It's very cumbersome. I leveled it to 15 to get topaz and I had to quit.
  18. Meta Flare New Player

I just randomized my miqo'te cuz I was more concerned with trying the classes. So I went with archer first and I love it. However I still have the same problem I had with it a few months ago. It becomes a effing bard, like come on. I hope that the rest of the classes get another job at release, especially cuz arcanist has 2. Then I tried the arcanist like I said and while on pc I bet it's awesome I didn't like it on ps3. I anted to try thaumaturge but I fell in love with my archer so. Ill prob roll an archer when early access hits and just not use my job crystal since I hate bard. Also I'll prob be running a male lalafell dunes folk(have you seen how cute they are lol, especially woth their minature weapons lol) Or a female miqo'te.
  19. Davon (Crisis Core) Well-Known Player

Aww really? When your pet is out, if you tap the right trigger, it automatically brings up the hot bar for the pet you have out. They can't be changed, it made it very easy. Of course if you wanted the pet commands in locations that were more comfortable to you, you can create your own pet hot bar. I like that the bar and skills change automatically depending on which summon you have out.
  20. Meta Flare New Player

See I originally made my main battle hot bar have the commands I wanted but eventually I would have to remove them for other moves and the fact that you can't customize the pet bar is one thing I mean by cumbersome cuz I didn't like the placement of everything. Also you can't cycle through to your other hot bars unless you hold r1 and pick it manually. Which for me is kinda frustrating and monotonous. I wish it would just let me cycle through all three of the hot bars. I will try it again when I want to be a black Mage but I doubt I will become a summoner unless shiva becomes an available summon, which as of now she isn't.