Eye of Gemini/DPS- MAKE SCOREBOARD CHASING FAIR!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Badname392023, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Hraesvelg Always Right

Even if you biff the clip on the lunge, the immunity you get usually is enough for you to get out of direct danger. When I'm tanking, I generally go for every counter I can so that I'm blinking blue as much as possible. The game is giving you free damage mitigation...use it.
    • Like x 2
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I'm wondering if it's because of my 250+ latency. Whenever I tried clipping lunges with my heals as a fire tank, the lunge never registered. So I'd have to wait until almost on top of add to clip for it to work.

This is good to know. It would've saved me from having to use rifle during SM.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

No, i play from NZ and would also have around 120-150ms in latency and i don't have any problems remotely with latency preventing the lunge clip.

My latency to the EU server is worse 200-300ms and i still don't have trouble.

Im on a gigabit fibre connection, so doesn't get much better even on old adsl technology the latency isn't incredibly worse.

No trust me unless you're already hugging and fondling the boss it won't be your latency ;)
    • Like x 1
  4. Carilee Active Player

To the OP, the only time DPS numbers matter on a scorecard is if there is a huge discrepancy between everyone else and the bottom dps. if that is the case then it is best to find out why the person on the bot didn't do at least average damage. is their cr not as high as others, are their augments not leveled, are their artifacts not leveled, are they using the wrong artifacts, are they using a subpar loadout, were they the only one doing objectives/pickups, were they afk, did they die a lot. in which case, especially if it is a league run, finding out that information can be helpful to use to figure out how to make that person a better player.
    • Like x 1
  5. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

this thread kills me. I made one a few weeks ago cause people were running from my circles. Who cares whom is first on the leader board, there is a 20% damage out boost, everyone should want to be in it so as to beat these long as hell boss fights in this DLC. Please stand in the circle to finish, if your are worried about someone else receiving your damage you are playing the wrong game OP!
    • Like x 6
  6. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

On a side note... i'm old school. I'm used to see-ing tells on the ground and leaping out of the way. I haven't quite gotten used to the EoG tell and knowing that it's a good place to be.
    • Like x 4
  7. Proxystar #Perception

tbh, drop a supply and an EoG on your ground and it's almost certainly guranteed to be a trap :p
    • Like x 4
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

HA!
  9. Protecktor MKV Committed Player

is all I can say
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

But don't most trolls run all debuffs because of the artifacts now? How does this measure anything? I personally do not like trolls to try and CC. That's the tanks job. Most trolls do not understand how annoying it can be, but think their being helpful because their pressing buttons. No. Trolls are there for power, shields, and pickups. If someone is a skilled player, I like seeing them play as a battle troll. IMO, a damage troll is more beneficial than one trying to stuns a group of NPC that the tank can do.
  11. Dene Devoted Player

I thought Troll & Tank stuns no longer interfered with one another ?
    • Like x 2
  12. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

honestly I have no clue really about what trolls use, I haven't gotten far enough that I really want to try it either. and you are right in the regard that its rather annoying to have a troll stun enemies while the tanks trying to pull
    em, but if teamwork is applied it can be rather effective to pull, troll stun, dps melt em. Teamwork is key here communication as well..... also it helps to have ppl who don't think this is old school MK and button smash constantly lol.
    • Like x 2
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Incorrect,

A bad troll will hard stun NPC's before the tank has the ability to collect them. A good troll will stun the NPC's after the tank has, if the NPC's are controlled, they're not hurting you and this makes your job as a tank that much easier. Tanks run Chronometric Emitters for a reason do you think that's any different from a troll controlling?

You'll also note that even the debuffs have control effects and will inadvertantly control the NPC's if a troll hits their debuffs (because of the artifacts) to raise power regeneration they can inadvertantly prevent you at times from collecting NPC's.

Now a good troll again will probably have some awareness of this fact but it's misplaced to think they're often doing it on purpose.

In addition to that point some moves seem to be somewhat broken. Mass Hysteria with mental for example that transforms NPC's into ghosts appears to create massive problems for tanks pulling the NPC's but not only is this the healing debuff for mental it's also their super charge generator so you can see how that's a little awkward.

Also it's not a trolls exclusive job to do pick ups, it's easier in tight situations because oh shields but it certainly isn't their job exclusively and the fact you've even suggesting it is, is a rather archaic notion ;)
    • Like x 2
  14. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

If your group is depending on the damage from a controller to help them you have complete trash dps in that group. There are numerous powersets that can't even maintain a 30 second parser themselves without the assistance of a controller, I know this because of the 11 powersets i've tested through my guide series about 9 of them can't maintain 30 seconds and that's with me having max stats, max artifacts and max power generator mods. There are plenty of times that a gadgets/rage/earth etc will be <40% power for an extended time unless they are prec and that is power that is better spent being provided to the dps who can use it instead of a controller wanting to be selfish, because that is exactly what "battle controlling" is, its selfish because there is no powerset nor abilities for any controller to assist them in terms of damage=power. Munitions has the choice because debuffs are longer channelled abilities so they can technically do damage with that tree but by severely handicapping their power out.

In terms of crowd-control the breakout profiles are all completely skewed since stats revamp so it doesn't matter if the tank is using chrono's any sort of stun for either the tank or controller will cc and make adds immune. Alot of tanks don't have direct CC powers anymore they take HLS for an extra shield or amazon deflection. The only powers you see are like Without Mercy, Gale, Backdraft where pulls/heals are built into the power. The tanks primary CC is only a consumable most of the time and controllers need to keep debuffs up not only to assist in their power regen and that of increasing prec damage via the parasite harness but to keep CC. Depending on the tank the controller can hit other npcs or try to avoid cc'ing ones that the tank needs to pull but its not the controllers nor tanks fault that breakout profiles of NPC's are the worst they've ever been in the history of the game, that falls on the devs during stats revamp.
    • Like x 3
  15. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

In pug world I wonder if it is even worth gearing up an EOG.
    I haven't seen many Tanks or Healers use it to bump the team's SC.
    Then if you do use it, your team runs from it.
  16. recoil2 Dedicated Player

honestly the "me first" mentality is rather laughable. i just ran doomsday last night and every single party member had at least one death from hugging doomsday the way a hippie hugs a tree. you want to know the one party member who had no deaths 3 times in a row? me, as the healer, no deaths in any runs of doomsday. WEAKEST raid member defense wise, no deaths from a boss who emits death gas and hits like super man. want to know why? i avoided any large X's on the ground, stayed out of doomsday's purple death aura radius, and healed whenever he used the one long distance ability which could reach me across the field. dpses don't need more damage, they need to either go extinct finally or adapt a brain like their distant cousin the dodo bird..... an apt comparison i can assure you for two things with no survival or fear response.
  17. Drathmor Unwavering Player

its a coop game and the scorecard is meaningless
    • Like x 1
  18. ShinyX New Player

As a dps, if you are doing more than the average damage, it shouldn't be a problem if someone "steals" a bit of your damages. The faster we finish the raid, the better.

Now as a competitive dps, I get that it is frustrating to see someone else running the gemini artifact on top of the board. The only bright side is that if you are the one on top of the board while running with a gemini user, consider yourself good. =)
  19. Linus Active Player

I relate to you OP!
    I as a tank hate it when the boss decides to hit my teammate and takes my damage in points!
    Ugh
    So frustrating!!!€£¥₩!!!
  20. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

To me, CC for trolls is situational.

I think troll should CC more and have better CC abilities. The issue is WHEN a troll should use CC. I am used to using CC with my troll away from the tank; there is no reason to CC near a tank unless the tank is failing. If there are 2 tanks in a group there is little reason for a troll to CC. There is always at least one team member that gets caught out there alone with a mob or a healer that gets blindsided by a mob from behind; this is when trolls should CC.

I have tried to play the battle troll role but this game does not have the mechanics or power set up to do so. Ahh well.