Eye of Gemini/DPS- MAKE SCOREBOARD CHASING FAIR!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Badname392023, Jan 19, 2019.

1. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Now that I am rage I can play around a bit more with EoG. So the following is just 1 Throne Reg run and no support roles were running EoG so this was just based on my own personal SC regen

[IMG]

Just EoG itself was just over 4% of my total overall scoreboard damage with a max hit of 70k for 1 tick and an average of 11k. If I had a tank/healer running EoG I could have more than likely doubled the damage of gemini's vision
  2. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

Totally random question here.... Would you be so kind as to run a raid with 6 to 8 peeps running an EoG? (and then post the results similar to that?)

I've been curious as to how 'wonky' the numbers get with multiple peeps running EoG, but don't have enough cool friends with high enough ranked EoG's to try it myself.

:)
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Scoreboard chasing becomes a problem when it is used by players to measure the worth of themselves or other players.

It's a problem because it creates a community where effectiveness revolves around one thing, and one thing only.

This creates problems with everything from raid creation to design of gameplay items.

Not that the devs will be able to enforce people playing any differently, but it does create a toxic mindset. In other MMOs, keeping track of scores (using a 3rd-party parser, since not generally available in game) happens in the highest content, not in everyday runs. Thus, #1, toxicity is reduced during 95% of content.

Second, because parsers are only used in league groups, the emphasis is on perfecting one's role for the betterment of the group. It's consistently about working together, not sacrificing one's teammates to eke out over them in parses, or messing up a dps check and hitting boss enrage timers because of wasting time burning adds that don't matter.
    • Like x 2
  4. Proxystar #Perception

I see the distinction between bosses and adds as largely irrelevant in terms of how they're killed.

I don't care how they're killed or who does that to them, it's irrelevant to me.

I only care about toxic behavior driven by the scorecard that is detrimental.

I don't see orbitalling the adds as detrimental in fact i think complaining about that is petty and actually somewhat of a distraction from genuine toxic behavior driven by the scorecard ;)
    • Like x 2
  5. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

I wish they could get rid of the scoreboard aspect but maybe give us a better picture(not a literal picture lol) of how we as individuals are doing.....
    • Like x 2
  6. myandria Item Storage

Agreed. The scorecard should be a toggle: on/off.

Personally, I would like to see it go away forever but I know that will never happen.
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Curiously how does the scoreboard not already do that? Apart from letting others see it too?
    • Like x 1
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

In DCUO, the adds don't represent much of a difference because the bosses have no enrage mechanics. That doesn't change the fact that the scoreboard changes the focus of players in a direction that is detrimental to the game (from my POV, of course, some may say that it's not detrimental to the game's finances, because it drives feat-hunting and TC purchases, lol).

In DCUO, the goal is never to enjoy the ride. It's never about actually having fun in the content. The goal is only to have the biggest number at the end.

This leads to a number of behaviors that range from eye-roll worthy to downright toxic:

- Refusing to do the room puzzle in Spindrift just to be able to SC the adds coming out
    - Deliberately allowing other teammates to die because they are currently leading the scoreboard
    - Attacking juvenile starfish during Starro's shield phase just to increase damage on the scoreboard
    - Refusing to carry any of the shield cancelling thingies during the fight with what's-his-name in Justice for All, because you would lose a few seconds of your rotation
    - Refusing to lunge Joker Bat or Riddler Bat because that would mean stopping one's rotation for a second
    - Using exploits

See what I mean? The scoreboard, while not the sole cause of players who refuse to perform mechanics or behave in a toxic manner, is a large part of it.
    • Like x 3
  9. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

atm Proxy it doesn't actually show how really effective a troll is being(cc debuffs) all it shows is power out for them. and while ik im just getting into the tanking aspect it doesn't really show how effective im being in that regard either. it does pretty good for dps and healing il admit but it would be nice to see a power efficiency rating somewhere as well.
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

One could say the deaths column is an indicator of the tanks play, adjusted for aggregate group stupidity of course.
  11. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

not always a solid indicater given we all at one point block to late or something as equally DOH! but I get where your driving at.
  12. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

but I got to thinking about it and what if they split damage taken in to health dmg taken and shield damage taken? because if im remembering right isn't shield efficiency tied to Dom?
  13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Situations like that are not on the dps at all, sure some powersets have the ability to lunge but others are in combo chains or channelled powers. The larger question is why you would think this solely falls on a DPS where you have a group full of support powers that abilities on their loadout that can clip a lunge so they don't even put themselves in danger. The tank should be looking for counters instead of just blindly hitting their loadout, a healer can easily clip a lunge with nearly any power on their loadout and they wouldn't even leave their position and the same can be said for controllers who could clip a lunge with recharge.

It's just lazy support roles who think they aren't required to lunge anything or interrupt a boss they are the best suited ones for it.
    • Like x 5
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yeah, it's not like it affects the group if a healer or troll goes down instead of a dps. It's best for support roles to put themselves in danger.
  15. Schimaera Devoted Player

I lunge as a healer, I lunge as a troll. Never get downed by that. It's just an assumption of you that it is lethal to lunge. OC even said "clip the lunge with an ability". It's literally that easy. In my league runs everyone who really knows the mechanics lunges.

Being a healer is no excuse to do nothing but heal. A lunge is not dangerous in any case in this game so far..
    • Like x 1
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

You lunge those specific bosses as a healer? And you've never been KOed by either one? OK. Good to know.

Johhny Quick too?

The Phoenix?
  17. Cadens Dedicated Player

Wait until OP finds out he can put the same circle down on another DPS. Going to blow his mind apart.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Obsidian is right on that one, they're not putting themselves in danger, they're clipping their lunge and not even moving from their spot. They go no where near the bosses. This is prohibitive to some DPS and not others, if a DPS has a move they can clip a lunge with they should do so as well, but countering attacks with lunges and the like are the responsibility of all members in the group wherever practicably possible.
  19. Schimaera Devoted Player

Tough break if it's not possible for everyone. It's not like we have stationary enemy targets where one could practice the lunge+clip with ability thingy if one can't do it yet. Oh well, maybe the devs will at some point implement something like that to lairs, league halls and/or headquarters. :p

Also, if you (not you specificly) are bad at a simple clip, use a rifle so that you don't really lunge close to a boss.
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

As a heal or troll, I lunge King Shark out of his blood frenzy in CoT before he kills anyone. I can't depend on DPS pugs to stop burning, and I can't expect the tank to lunge Shark because he might pull any adds on top of the group with him.
    • Like x 2