Eye of Gemini/DPS- MAKE SCOREBOARD CHASING FAIR!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Badname392023, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

No fair that if I stand in somebodies eye of gemini circle they get MY damage numbers on there score card. I worked hard for 400 plus skill points, leveling artifacts up and putting to much time in for my hard work to be shown on another players card. What part of the game is that?

I think it should be changed to give credit to the ones actually doing the damage. After all it is a “work together artifact” right? Well you activating the circle is all the credit you should be given but my numbers shouldn’t be shown on your scorecard because in reality you dId NOTHING to earn that.

It’s disgusting free damage
    • Like x 2
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 21
  3. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

• Like x 2
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

If selfish dmg-farm losers would think of teamwork as much as they do about themselves and an imaginary beast-status on the scoreboard, we could have the smoothest Pug-runs ever.
    • Like x 28
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Okay, working under the idea that the OP is a serious one (and not just hard-to-detect-through-text sarcasm) and setting aside my thoughts that scoreboard chasing is pretty pointless to begin with, this ends up being my predominant thought:

Unless the player casting the Eyes is simply casting it and then doing absolutely nothing (no tanking, no healing, no controlling, no damage) the complaint seems pretty baseless. If they are actually participating and it gets the instance over with quicker or more efficiently then someone else getting extra damage is no skin off my nose.

Now, if I work under the idea that the OP is serious and I take into account my thought that scoreboard chasing is pretty pointless, the response is a pretty simple one:

Get over it.
    • Like x 17
  6. Ringz Dedicated Player

Making a post about this is pointless OP. The forums have a chip on their shoulder against being competitive.

I mean look at PvP.
    • Like x 5
  7. Quantile Well-Known Player

Best comment ever! Lol
    • Like x 4
  8. not_again Dedicated Player

Why would the OP not return the favor and pop their circle as soon as they see someone else's? You both get to mooch off each other. That is assuming the OP is not precision based. If the OP is precision based they better not be using DW/Bow or Bow/SB. Those combos are just as cheesy and been around longer.

I am all for competition but DCUO damage comps are all about who can cheese the best!
    • Like x 9
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

PvP is the ideal place for competitiveness. The whole "winning/losing" dynamic is part and parcel of fighting against other players.

PvE? Not so much. PvE, especially group content, is cooperative. Working together to achieve a goal. Besides which, you don't get anything for topping the scoreboard to begin with. That doesn't mean someone can't make things competitive if you want to, but a player has to keep in mind that

A) they may be the only ones who play (or care about playing) that way, and

B) it can easily become counterproductive to the cooperative aspects of the content you're trying to finish.
    • Like x 7
  10. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

Bro, eye of gemeni is a teamplay artifact like you said. If you want their damage u just have to use it too :D Plus your objective is to beat the boss, not focusing in being the best. So instead of complaining like "dam he stealing my damage", say nice we killing the boss faster.

Maybe a MMORPG may not be ideal for you, a single player is better, no one steals your damage there.
    • Like x 8
  11. Xibo Loyal Player

Are you prepared for EoG level 200?
    • Like x 3
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The world isn't ready.
    • Like x 4
  13. tukuan Devoted Player

Or I don't know, stop trying to measure yourself primarily by the damage out on the scoreboard. Broadly it gives some idea but in reality there's so many ways to inflate that score that have little to do with how good you are or more to the point how much of a contribution you made to the team.
    • Like x 10
  14. tukuan Devoted Player

I'm all for competitive PVP, but isn't PVE supposed to be collaborative?
    • Like x 5
  15. Hraesvelg Always Right

To a certain extent. If you want to have some sort of idea of how you're doing comparatively, it does throw things off a bit. Not huge, in the long run, but it can give someone a "boost" to make themselves think they're doing more than they are.
    • Like x 1
  16. Schimaera Devoted Player

Ahhh good old 1st world problems \o/
    • Like x 4
  17. tukuan Devoted Player

I think we are more or less on the same page but I just wanted to add that as a coach I get that you use metrics to help players determine where they are strong and what needs work. However my main issue with scoreboard chasers is that they tend to focus one metric, damage out. There's a reason that in hockey, for example, coaches don't just look at shot attempts but instead put it into the context of shots from high scoring positions or moreso overall metrics like plus/minus.
    • Like x 2
  18. Hraesvelg Always Right

Yeah, damage out is just part of the toolkit. It's one of those "all things being equal" deals. If you're doing all of the objectives and you don't have the top DPS, well, yeah. You were doing stuff. I've been in situations where I have been doing most of the objectives and still come out on top. Those people should be reevaluating what's going on. Were they in bad positions? Did they die a lot, so weren't able to keep up a burn level?

I'm invested heavily in single target for bosses right now, until I get my might/AoE augment/loadouts upgraded and leveled. People get confused when they see scorecards and they had much more overall DPS, millions in a raid, but I have between double and triple boss damage. You've got to know how to take in all the data from a scorecard. Lots of factors to take into consideration. If someone is sacrificing the overall objective of a fight in order to just do more damage, that's a very poor outcome. But it can lead you to see where you need to step it up. This is just something else you have to compensate for. Were they running Gemini? Then you can probably discount a chunk of their damage.
    • Like x 3
  19. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

This exactly. If each DPS fires off their EOG circles in succession they would jerk each other's damage to higher proportions.
    This could give a whole new meaning to circle..... oh never mind.

Circle of Damage.. That's it.
    • Like x 7
  20. Knarlydude Loyal Player

The Bad Guy ummmm I mean Badname does not like sharing.

[IMG]

Wooooooooooooo
    • Like x 5