Excessive freezing after update

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by RealGODofWar, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This remains our client team's top priority. A fix will require PSN approval, and we don't have that fix yet, so this is going to require patience. We do apologize for the issue and will get it fixed as soon as we can.
    • Like x 8
  2. FlowerFly New Player

I dont know im the only one but i have same problem at USPC with this freezing screen after GU 46 :( before was ok .
    • Like x 1
  3. afvc623 New Player

I appreciate that you guys are working on a fix and all but... cmon..so we're supposed to just deal with it all till the fix?not being able to run instances without worrying about when are we gonna freeze next?This game is almost unplayable for me at the moment.I really hope you guys are giving us something back(free badges or something)Cause damn.Im sure most of us pay for membership and we've wasted alot of time already and i have personally missed on some loot cause of freezes on bosses.Its annoying and frustrating.I heard of some people whose ps3 died from all those hard resets due to the freezing..im glad im not one of them..You have alot of custumers not happy right now...As much as I love this game I'm seriously thinking if renewing my membership is even worth it now.i feel like im being ripped off...Anyways..Hope we get a fix soon..btw my ps3 has frozen over 20+ times now..not cool man..
    • Like x 3
  4. PhantomFox New Player

4th freeze in 2 days. Just now while doing the Shadow Hearts villain mission in Midtown Metropolis, and earlier today outside of Old STAR Labs. I'm 'Monster Clockwork' on USPS. I can't exactly recall where I was yesterday when the freezes happened, but I think it was always in the open world for me.

The thing is, it seems different than the PS3 being overloaded. I've often had moments where everything chugs, then locks up for about 30-45 seconds, then returns to normal (completing and exiting Bane's distribution center always does this for me). But the freezes in the last two days are just --BAM!-- frozen. I wasn't doing anything special either. The freeze in Midtown was me just dropping out of flight mode. Outside of Old STAR Labs earlier I was shooting my rifle at some trash, not using any powers. I hadn't just arrived in any area either, or waiting for assets to load. In every instance it was an area I had been in for quite a while, usually nearing the end of the current mission.

As much as I feel like playing today I am starting to worry about the health of my system. Guess I'll be taking an unwanted break while watching this thread.
    • Like x 2
  5. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Thank you Mepps for the update.
    • Like x 1
  6. Batman-Beyond Well-Known Player

Theres a pertinent question: If the PS3 console gets damaged from these excessive freezes (a distinct possibility) who will pay for this? Or is the DEV community recommending PS3 users not to log on to DCUO while these issues are active?
    • Like x 2
  7. Kumohiraps3 New Player

Kumohira EUPS every 10/15 min 2-4 times crashed .... have ps3
  8. PapaDondonExiles New Player

Mepps,

how long dcuo is running? still u haven't learned your lesson after update? you even have a test server? really?
  9. PapaDondonExiles New Player

remove the update and test it on your test server not on our ps3! i crash every time i'm in a event its annoying.
    • Like x 1
  10. Crzyrazr Well-Known Player

I would like to add my name in this thread as well. After update. right after the world came up, I froze twice within ten minutes of each other. I also took the same steps of rebuilding database and relaunching the game. I also noticed that when I went back in and my audio settings were changed. I had to go back to main dash (system settings outside of the game) and reset audio settings as I was getting chat through headset but no game fxs. Headset audio setting had been changed back to single output. Did anyone else have a similar issue?
  11. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Wish I could give better feedback than "it's everywhere, at any time" to help it get resolved.
  12. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Sorry for you guys horrible experience. But this imPending fix will probably doom my ps3 because I have not had 1 issue. In fact since update my game performance has improved. This reminds me of the lockdown fix when everyone on ps3 couldn't play ld but I could perfectly. Then they fixed it and it's been unplayable for me since.
  13. Keli824 New Player

^this.

There needs to be a rollback until you fix this. This isn't just some random annoyance to deal with that just leaving the game will fix. To get out of the game requires a hard reset of the Playstation. It is completely irresponsible to keep the update live under these conditions, especially when everyone knows a vast majority of players do not visit or post on the forums.

It happened to me once last night. And three times today within an hour.

Ammriel
    First time today was in Hive Duo the other two occurred in the Watchtower once while at the mailbox and the second time i was just running around.
    • Like x 2
  14. The Valor Well-Known Player

Right now as I'm posting this the game just crashed on me again for the 7th time. LOL what's even funnier I was in Trade chat asking other people if the game was constantly crashing on them as well. I got a response from someone named KLSUPERMAN he said "yes" then the game crashed on me....
    • Like x 1
  15. shutrX7 New Player

just froze again, metropolis, fighting oolong robot near stealworks
  16. afvc623 New Player

Froze 5 more times after my last post...not cool..... it happens randomly on any instance .Also even flying around,chatting,vendor,duty tab..pretty much everywhere.
    • Like x 1
  17. Kumohiraps3 New Player

ME FROZER ON TOTD - ALL RAID - WHEN STAY STOP IN QG -.- WHEN USE JUMP, COLA AND WHEN ATTACK ANYONE.... NOW I HAVE AFRAID MOVE OR LOGGIN IN BECAUSE IM ANNOING OFF AND ON MY PS3 ... IM LEGGENDARY ... I HOPE WHEN THIS PROBLEM FIX, THIS DAY NOT PLAY , TURN BACK ... I HOPE !
  18. Batman-Beyond Well-Known Player

For top priority, i dont know if anyone noticed, but the PS3 freeze issue and another issue with trade (or some such) are going to be the last few to be fixed! Top Priority.... hum, requires better explanation.
  19. shutrX7 New Player

rebuilding data base didnt help, i have plenty of gigs available, not sure about rams but i give up, not worth the frusteration, i know its all just killing time, gaming i mean, but its suposed to be enjoyable, staring at the laptop for an update isnt enjoyable, restoring files every time it freeze crashes isnt enjoyable, im angry now, im gonna move on after devoting 3 days to this crap, im on USPS, im shutr-X7, maybe mepps or someone from your team can send me a message on psn when u figure it out, go ahead, friend me then text, ill be killing time on another game... PEACE!!!
  20. Batman-Beyond Well-Known Player

Ok, this is my decision and dont sponsor anyone following it but, I will not relog to this game with my console PS3 because these excessive freezes will ineviably damage the system. And since no one answer my question, I concluded that if my system gets damaged DCUO management will not care, because they will either pull one of those shaddy user rules or some such, or say that it was me that accessed the game on my own will while knowing these issues were active. So I will not relog until its fixed... My sub ends the 10th next month, so until then I wait... after that date I will uninstall the game! I will not subscribe or encourage acts of coorporate irresponsability like continuing to have this update live while damaging systems al over the world!

Regards all...
    • Like x 3