Evolution of Origin Crisis Loot

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Oct 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jewlz2814 New Player

No troller gear drops for me at all if it does its the feiw peices that i already have from dox . They should just make the traces in time unnatuned it would at least make it so were not running what turns into a 2 hour raid with a crappy tank all to get sum tank or healer gear i cant use. If they cant make it unnatuned at least increase troller drop rate ,hands ,waist , chest
    • Like x 2
  2. Black House New Player

The loot table is overstuffed, Gear you cannot use without expending real world money is not a reward it is a cash grab, plain and simple, loot should be locked to the roles that you can use, with two full dps sets, (might and prec) that still means that there are more drops that you don't necessarily use. or would that go against the "ninja charter" that the new loot system represents.

By all means have the best gear drop in the top tier raids, just ensure you offer appropriate rewards for the effort.
  3. SpirtVenture New Player

You guys complaining really gotta learn how to do the other bosses besides the oppressor.

The loot drops changes.

I run this raid a bunch and they all have a certain drop that they bring to the loot table.
  4. Black House New Player

Role specific drop? because that is what matters, if you have a combination that ensures that trolls get troll gear etc then please do share.
  5. Anhur Committed Player

Amidst this thread I'd like to share my own "success story".

As one of the players who vocalised a desire for difficult content, specifically raids, I was initially shocked at DLC7 (Origin Crisis) - it was a real eye opener at how complacent I had become as a player when going through the content DCUO has to offer - these raids beat me down relentlessly.

NoR: I find this raid to be extremely well crafted, well rounded and balanced - not much has needed to be done, except for the refinement of rewards - players learned and adapted and are now completing it in 20 to 40 minutes, very rarely see anyone express an issue here.

PW: After many an attempt at completing this raid when it was released, I failed, and reached a point where I didn't have the time, interest or drive to invest in attempting this raid - especially considering the potential rewards :(.

But as time progressed, with mechanics, tactics and rewards becoming refined, it all changed - I embraced the challenge PW presented as an opportunity to elevate my own ability, get back to basics with communication, I played with a team that are fantastic and taught me a lot - that has forced me to improve, and understand other power sets and roles better - and now take part in routine completions with 4 bosses in less then 20 minutes.

That isn't to say there still isn't some work to be done, I appreciate that I am one of the fortunate ones - there are many, many players out there that still cannot complete the raids (to simply blame the content would be a distinct injustice, a lot of players just cannot be bothered with trying/learning) - and after obtaining my 6th Controller CR88 Ring but yet to see a single CR88 DPS Ring, there is clearly a ways to go - but I for one am happy to have received (Origin Crisis) and what it presents.
    • Like x 2
  6. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

What I don't like about the raids is #1. imo the raids is not fun, the raids to the action out of a action mmo. 2. In order to progress replays is a must not a bonus to get full tiered gear before the new tiered arrive if the new dlc bring it. 3. These new raids have made it almost impossible to pug because of the high cr requirement, I shouldn't have to be in a league to finish the content. The hardest part of wave is getting into a group w/o the cr or power players want. And last but not least 4. Not only is replays a must, but respect tokens is too for tanks and dps, if your not one of the fotm getting into groups is twice as hard. The raids are to power biased. If anyone could argue 2-4 please do
  7. thelostczarnian New Player

because they are ok with pumping hundreds into replays on some yesteryear game maybe perhaps?
  8. thelostczarnian New Player

i dont like having to range everything. so much for play your way huh soe?
  9. Jewlz2814 New Player

Ive done tyrant ravager, tyrant oppressor, tyrant warrior several times as a troll only to get a comlete set of dps t.i.t set i agree about how loot should be assigned to what role you q up as ,or jus make it unnatuned . Some of you can call it complaining but when you run paradox nearly 100 times and still have gotten no usable gear as a troll you would complain to . To me its jus bad customer service to treat us this way on a hampster wheel for loot (always running never getting anywhere ). Customers always right so how bout listining to us
  10. Viktoryos New Player

My personal opinion is that we should seek a serious responsibility of the person developed this system for loot drops, and armor. The person or persons responsible for this spectacular failure and loss of players must be fired in an instant. There is nothing more foolish than most best items are a matter of chance, not qualities or whether it deserved a long game or beat. There is absolutely no logic to the end of the most difficult level to get the best items and armor, because if a player is getting there can safely end the strongest levels, what the hell is this greatest armor and without it obviously can not complete the mission. Simplicity is the peak of fall drops of the biggest bosses do not do any work. Absolutely every piece should be able to choose what kind of roles should be. I am a healer and until now I only get items for a tank or controller. How many times do you have to play Nexus or Paradox to get something to me came into use. 5 Expert plans must be guaranteed for every player at the end of the mission. Find it really very difficult raids and when after all this time getting only junk, you're going to feel anger and hatred for the game, not the contentment and satisfaction achieved.
  11. Viktoryos New Player

There are only 2 variants for this issue to be resolved and the players are happy to allow the company to not lose customers.
    1) Immediate release of T6 Gear to buy from sellers
    2) Objects dripping major levels to be unnatuned, so that everyone can choose the role for which he wishes
    • Like x 1
  12. Soultheif New Player

well, i still think that it is quite unfair due to the fact that i spent 2 months doing nexus and paradox every week and have not gotten a single piece of dps gear... while i whole heartedly ENJOYED the dlc 7 raids, i found the loot to be quite frustrating which led to me quitting the game until T6 comes out. It also annoyed me that you made t5 gear so easy to obtain by the trigon dlc where the played just had to run raven a few times and get the full t5 set without any effort at all (balanced drop my foot, my friend got 6 pieces in a row) thus nullying my month of grinding BiA and FR for marks.... well please tell me T6 gear wont have this same ****** loot drop rate, because frankly im done having to grind the same run (which last 3 hours sometimes) with no guaranteed reward at the end of it.
  13. VAN0SS New Player

I HAVE RUN DOX AND NEXUS IN THE PAST 2 WEEK I GOT FULL 88 DPS AND HEALER GEAR I REPLAYED IT ABOUT 20 TIMES
  14. The Equalizer Well-Known Player

(ahem) Paradox Door glitch (ahem)
  15. chaotic3430 Committed Player

Just did Tyrant/Sentry last night and got 88 bow (finally), 88 T.I.T. troll feet (nice), a useless base item, and useles resto/power V plans (not exp, just regular useless V). The tunnel loot was all useless tank and healer gear except one DPS neck piece I needed. It wasn't that hard, the Tank aggro'd him by the warrior tunnel, we stayed away from southwest and burned the Tyrant. Then brought Sentry into the middle, spread out and burned him. Though we did have one garbage DC laggy moment, the first try we got Tyrant down to 5% health, about to kill him and he reset on us as we were all hitting him with everything from weapons, powers and orbitals, dirty DC, dirty.

AGENT GRAVITRON
    USPS3 Hero
    100CR Quantum Troll (2010 Vit)
  16. Monster828 New Player

Door glitch? No its called just beating it... wave is not hard and drops are fine.
    . Sucks to not have good luck :)lol cheers
  17. lukelucky Devoted Player

I think you are right about people glitching and the skinny is we are to over powered for to long. to flood us with 8 sets of armor however is completely useless. we coulda done just as well with 86 gear then buy 87 gear and be awarded 88 gear. any one involved with dcuo knows your loot table is to be nice flawed. for you to put both 87 and 88 gear which is significantly stronger than 86 gear at the mercy of such an awfull system is completely inexcuseable. my question is with such a huge jump in stats what are we to do once we are full 86 or above? people are 2 maning fos 1, 3 and even gates. u said we advoid using skills and go straight for glitches and yes sir as I said u are correct. thing is how are we to develop skill being over powered. now its worse because of how big of a jump in difficulty you made t5 and how much you increased the stats. fos 2 could slow down a group of t4. ok yes at t4 good players could bully the board but sometimes it still took a tad of skill. now lol not fos 2 not prime nothing presents even the slightest challenge. honestly even nexus and paradox can be burnt down effortlessly with the right groups. so as a gamer what are we left to do?
    for me I wonder is there a way you could incorporate old raids into new tiers going forward? take khandaq for example. that use to be a dreaded board but so long ago its all but forgotten. running it now only gives u the chance to accidently reset old useless content instead of the new t5 content u intended to reset. the batcaves adding to my point use to be TUFF. now almost every run is a speed feat. how about we take the old content and bost it to the new available tier available? imagine if we had a t4 fos 1, 2 &, 3 then a t5 fos1, 2, & 3, plus a t5 gates and prime. in short every time you add a new tier u add a new tier of the existing raids. using t5 as an example say all the raids dropped 85 gear but the last bosses dropped 86 gear. the new raids then drops 87 gear and 88 gear well is left out cause we don't need that many sets of gear.
    now sir its time for me to address the fact you blame us for glitching or finding ways around the hard stuff. lets take dawn and the boss in metropolis as an example. the guy with the hell sprites was a major pain and just beat people down. every one to the north east corner and pull him across the street so we don't have to fight the adds. EMBARASSING. classic example of using game flaws over skill. ok so how come u didn't make him only be killable close to the unk so we couldn't go hide? who tests this stuff anyway? why is every single I mean EVERY SINGLE damn raid glitchable especially at the most challageing spots? team work is not promoted in this game at all and with us being over powered for such long periods its really on the development team to suck it up and put on your big boy pants and get something done to fix this. the way you guys have run this game the glitchers and cheaters prosper while the rest of us suffer.
    its as simple as this. UNTILL YOU GUYS NOT US YOU GUYS ACTUALLY DO A GOOD JOB THE PLAYERS AND THE GAME WILL SUFFER. where is the correct information on how to play the game? t5 exposed most dps as awful dps. trolls often cant keep the group powered. how many tanks are %100 clear on how and when to use immunities? take trolling are we as trollers bad or has clipping made it so trolls cant keep up? why with t3 could we solo troll but in t4 the solo troll was a bad word? how about the trolls job? at t4 I had the prime helmet both rings with vit bonuses was hard light and yes had the omac one hand with crazy vit and even had the laser cut bow just cuase its vit was high to. yes I had as high a vit as was obtainable and often groups would starve on power. I know the hell sprites in dawn was partly my job to crowd control but the game has evolved to just recharge and generally a debuff. how often is the damage out debuff used outside of pvp? you litteraly couldn't hit recharge any faster or more times than I did in a few raids and we suffered. the results were arguments and or fails. its been a while but there have been times where no matter how hard I tried as any other role I just couldn't use all my power.
    SO DEVELOPMENT TEAM. this is entirely your fault and %100 on your heads. provide us with a game tutorial and game machanics explanations so we can get the bad players good.
  18. lukelucky Devoted Player

its not luck at all bud. not even a little bit. the loot reward table is a flawed and awfull system.
    as far as the drops are fine, you are so wrong. two weeks ago I said forget legendary ill build a toon or to for free because to date I still have ZERO PIECES of purple gear for my two toons and just one measly piece for my troll. I used atleast 30 bucks in replays and was beating nexus since I was cr 95. yes I was in the grind from day one and also used replays to get strong enough to get to 95. that is so completely unexceptable. actually there is not one thing good about the loot reward sytem of t5. I GARUNTEE YOU A MILLION PERCENT NOT ONE GROUP DID BOTH NEXUS AND PARADOX %100 LEGIT. NO WAY NO HOW.ay what ever you want I heard a guy talk all kinds of junk the just 2 days later he walked outta dox. clear sign he glitched it. maybe you didn't (maybe it snows in hell also) but some of your victories came with partners who benefited from glitching one of or both t5 raids. all you guys claiming we are so great we never take short cuts. lol ok.
    I do believe the top guys you know the elite could handle both but that's all of %1 maybe %5 of the population. if you wanna talk some trash get your guys we can get 8 dudes and level. beat every board every tier no glitches. I know I could do it and yes I used a glitch or two but truth is the community is not that skilled. ANYWAY PLEASE DONT BE STUPID THIS LOOT SYSTEM IS SUCH A BD IDEA, BUT CONGRATS TO U I AM GLAD U SEEM TO OF MADE OUT GOOD. by this point people with as many victories as I have should be maxed out in gear not off the game cause with 3 toon collectively I got 1 piece of gear.
    yes each toon has a 2 pieces of 87 or 88 dps gear, but as far as I am concerned its useless. I only tank troll and heal. out of those rolls I have 1 piece of gear. and bud for all the wins I have 3 a week plus 1000 loyalty points and atleast 30 dollars in replays exclusively used on t5 7 pieces of gear total is noway ok.
  19. lukelucky Devoted Player

YES SIR. THEN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 86 GEAR AND 88 GEAR IS HUGE. NO GOOD
  20. lukelucky Devoted Player

SPYTLE. WHAT ABOUT CODEX GEAR? clearly stronger than what you could buy. HOW CAN A DEVELOPER RESPOND TO A CUSTOMER STANDOFFISHLY AND BE COMPLETELY WRONG? now hopefully you will understand if its explained better. I have payed to play since year 1 and I have also kept a second account for atleast 6 months for my nephew. add in the countless replays and legends and styles and name changes and yes countless power changes and you get a butt ton of cash invested into a game.
    ok lets recap life as a os ps3 player since t3, operations come out and I believe if you guys did that next year it woulda been revolutionary. in theory man that coulda been fun but what we get is a constant stream of disconnecting especially at the last boss. that's right you endore the operation only to dc and lose your loot. ATOP OF THE FACT THE SYSTEM COULD NOT SUPPORT THE MISSION YOU GUYS BUILD YOU THEN GOTTA DEAL WITH PEOPLE ENTERING VENGANCE THEN ABANDONING YOUR RAID GROUP TO GET THIER OWN LOOT. you allowed us honest players groups to be screwed because it made you money. you came out and said we are aware and are working to fix it because we feel your pain. ????????????????????????????????
    HOW? its as simple as this post in chat if you run off and leave your group you will be banned. to say you did your best or everything you could do is absolutely false and as the powers that be you would think after screwing up so bad just maybe you should make t5 smooth and good to erase the t4 debacale. t5 comes and what do we get? 2 alerts that were way to long considering the amount of times you needed to run them in order to be strong enough to run the raids. I will say the first time I ran the alerts I loved them and as a customer was relieved you guys did such a good job. then the facts came clear and you understand how long its going to take to get ready for the raids without replays and you relize that the guys who are going to benefit and cash in are the guys who pay extra with replays. UNDERSTAND WITH ALL THE GRIND WE PUT IN THE ONLY EXCITMENT IS TO BE THE FIRST GUY WITH THE NEXT PLAN OR GETTING THE FIRST SET OF NEW GEAR. THE PLANS I MEAN YOU GET A GOOD PLAN EARLY AND YOU ARE IN THE MONEY AND SUDDENLY ALL THE BS EXOS NEEDED NOT A PROPBLEM. for us long time 120 plus skill point guys that's 1 of or the only joy available. now with your system the regular guys with legendary get left behind by the guys who buy replays. then you see cr 95 to get in nexus. all these replay spammers doing the boards while your regular customers who fyi pay to play are left behind. ALL THE TIME AND MONEY INVESTED IN THE GAME AND THAT SUDDENLY IS OUR OPTIONS?
    Ok so then lets get to the point where we are all in the raids. how many months went by and no gear. I know I spent $30 dollars in replays just on nexus and paradox not counting the replays used to get enough gear to get into the raids. easily I spent $100 over a few months and I got ZERO NOT EVEN 1 PIECE OF 87 OR 88 GEAR. absolutely nothing. I mean law of averages states I shoulda got something. I mean 1 of anything right? dps gear? then you change the loot to individual gear and wow a month later I got what 2 maybe 3 dps items per toon and amongst my 3 toons I got JUST 1 piece of alt role gear. 87 troll legs.
    NEW system old system no matter how much money or grind I put in and I am sitting at cr98. yes I could buy 86 gear and mod it then later mod my 87 or 88 gear. that's way to much modding. compared to the time invested in gameplay to the time spent invested into farming and modding is already awful. SO SPYTLE OVER A YEAR MAYBE CLOSER TO 2 YEARS US PAY TO PLAY GUYS HAVE ENDORED STUPIDITY AND INCOMPATANCE AND YOU HAVE THE GULL TO BE SNARKY IN YOUR RESPONSE? lets give dcuo braintrust the benefit of the doubt and say this wasn't a shameless ploy to sell replays. then at best bud its incompetence that blatently screwed over your customer. I did central city bountys every day and when to many people pilled up yup it caused freezeing. fighting 1 boss with like 10 people would lead to people who froze. a year later you design content that is similar in fashion. hpwever you add ads to bosses and you make bosses strong enough that we need 16 people most of the time to beat them. how in gods creation does it not occure to the braintrust how bad the freezing is. us cc bounty grinders knew. ok as I said early on had you done that after ps3 was all but outta use they woulda been super so atleast you tried to elevate the game. my ? though is how does such a flawed set of missions get through your team? if you are manning up you gotta admit operations led to the slower area loading and essentially made the game totally miserable for your gamers.
    ADMITT IT OR NOT CLEARLY SOME OF YOUR DECISIONS HAVE BEEN MADE TO SELL ITEMS AT THE CUSTOMERS EXPENSE. how does such major flaws get by you guys to us for us to endore? how do you guys not discover the massive freezeing operations causes and then the supremely awful loading times before it makes it to the community and really hurt the game? after such a huge HUGE blunder how does t5 get through you guys and seem like a good idea. as the content was put out are you expecting us to believe you educated fellas and ladies couldn't see the separation of the replay guys to the regular legendary guys? sorry premium and free to play I know u matter to but clearly the guys paying monthly and buying addition stuff should get a little more consideration. can you honestly tell me that it wasn't blatently obvious that regular legendary guys wouldn't be screwed? my nephew is 9 and he got it and when he spelled it out to me I just got mad. how can a 9 year old know and you then claim anything different. WHO CARES WHAT YOU INTEND WE PAY YOU AND FOR US TO EXPECT YOU TO DISCOVER STUFF LIKE THIS AND WORK IT OUT BEFOR UNLESHING IT UPON US IS A MILLION PERCENT JUSTAFIABLE.
    I have emails from tickets put in where your guys told me a bold face lie on separate tickets about completely different things. dumb lies like the grass is orange. as a customer you guys have spit in our faces. I stay though cause the game is that awesome and hopefully we can stop the thievery from the dcuo and get some customer appreciation. sadly a lot of guy I know from year 1 that never took a day off who payed evfery single month as I did are disapering as am I. when a paying customer is this angry and can spell out for you clear cut examples of how its clearly on you guys you should try to amend the problem with a little more than say an explanation which is clearly bs and standoffish. explain how making the stats disparity was anything more than a sales ploy. honestly look at release and explain to me how you saw anything but the glitchers and replay guys getting the spoils while your regular pay to play legendary customers get f#%$^#!. how is invisible attacks challaging?
    last thing you want peope to use skill in the game how about just maybe you give us a way to learn. take dom. as an example and ask 100 people how it works for all four roles and count the amount of answers you get. trolling and crowd control. clearly trolling properly we coulda handled the hellsprites in dawn at the atlantean boss but trolling in todays dcuo is recharge as fast as possible and maybe debuff. boreing and clearly not what the role was intended for. hell at t3 mental trolls damage with enough skill points was challageing some dps (I read on your forums). why are so many people starveing for power in raids despite the trolls vit?s it clipping or cause roles need to understand they need to regen power also while doing damage?
    SPYTLE BUD ALL THE PROBLEMS FALL ON YOU AND YOUR TEAM. HONEST TO GOD YOU GUYS HAVE DONE AN AWFUL JOB AND LOST ALOTTA LOYAL CUSTOMERS
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.