EU Server Downtime - January 22, 2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Maybe the EU servers are being used as guinea pigs for some big server fix for all the crazy lag because they have a smaller population than the US servers.
  2. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

Maybe many of the issues going on throughout the server: disappearing hud, horrible lag (I mean Metro has always been lag riddled for me but now :eek:) , camera sticks, etc...,etc...actually "bleed" over, so to speak, from one server to the next hell I don't know. I do know one thing Mepps always tacks up a full list of what's going on and whats being done about it as I am sure he will concerning this sometime between now and the 21st which is a couple days away.

Will it potentially happen to USPC side once the EU is completed? Frankly, I hope so. For me the greatest enjoyment within a game is a nice smooth, as little lag and bugs as possible, running game that works as the creators intended. I think this is always the goal in mind.
  3. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

So that starts 23 Jan 2pm-2am for me in NZ.....nice, does our legendary accounts get put on hold during this LONG down time or does the time keep ticking down? do we get some sort of compensation for it?
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

lol

Your compensation will be having a more stable server.
  5. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

haha yeah I know we wont get anything no harm in asking though right? :p
  6. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

Must admiit some type of account compensation for the downtime (If USPC gets the same notice before long) would be nice. They don't seem to mind changing my legendary payment due date every month, giving me my station cash 2-3 weeks after said payment has been made, and giving me my 150 replays just before another payment is due.:rolleyes:
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

That's always the way it's been done, it's on some kind of cycle (I don't know the ins and outs) where the payments are done on certain dates, not necessarily on the day your subscription renews. My SC and RBs always come on different days, always have. Not sure what you mean about changing the legendary payment due date though.
  8. Thewoe Well-Known Player

Isn't 5pm PST actually 1am UK Time? Thats my bed time haha
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yeah it's 1am to 1pm UK time.
  10. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

Last 3 months.... The 13th, the 19th, the 27th.........no consistency.
  11. Shotgunshaun New Player

So after coming back to DCUO on my ps4 to see all the pretty graphics and detail and paying for a months legendary subscription i get some days of extra maintenence i get error crashes about 5 times a night when loading in and out of instances, the voice chat is still buggy the typing chat box is still buggy fos1 is glitchy as hell, block still sticks on from time to time...not going to list all faults but you see my point, after 3 years the game has far too many bugs still in it, and i just cannot belive that a statement like server will be down for 12 hours on the 22nd was posted with no explanation as to what its for and no mention of legendary status acconts been frozen for 12 hours or getting a 12 hour extention due to the down time?
    i honestly cannot wait for more games to be released on the ps4 because DCUO is becomming easier and easier to just walk away from.
  12. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

I have to agree with all of this
    • Like x 1
  13. Morich Well-Known Player

Oddly enough, I'm on a ps4 and get none of those glitches.
    • Like x 1
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

I agree 100% w/u, I ran paradox 2day w/my league and in the sentry tunnel we were not able 2 even pick up the eggs 2 throw at him and bring his shield down and I get every single glitch u mentioned plus others on an almost daily basis, ive reported and opened tickets and never get told anything, I resubbed my legendary bcuz of the new dlc but im just waiting 4 it 2 run out now, will NOT keep spending $ when they cant even fix simple bugs or even acknowledge the bugs r there, the typical dcuo way, "servers down for 12 hrs" w/ no explanation, I have played other games online and this kind of stuff just duznt happen, just wish they would fix the bugs so I could enjoy the game, it just gets old after awhile
    • Like x 1
  15. Couzintony New Player

Oh well it must be the dlc!!!........
    Maybe if you talk about how it's comin out tomorrow every day till it comes out it'll make ya feel better... Similar to when the armories came out...
    I'm sure it's just maintenance...
  16. HHAAZZEE New Player

So your getting free days? Whats your problem again? Due dates change all the time as its a 30 day sub and theres only 4 months in the year that have 30 days in them...
  17. Halahiiro Well-Known Player

https://www.facebook.com/DCUOEU?fref=ts

This is in Facebook, idk why there is not anything said on the official sites or forums about the maintenance.
  18. Ganf3rman New Player

Server will be up Thursday 01:00 AM GMT which means 1 hour after regular reset. No need for panic.
  19. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Hmm migrating all of their game centers? Must just be the EU ones first and then the US servers. If it will get rid of this ridiculous lag then the sooner the better.
  20. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

No it illustrates the fact that I think I got a week to go so I put the $15 bucks in my gas tank and get bounced to Prem the next day typically Saturday so thus I got to wait a week to re-up membership. Some of us take $15 seriously and can't blow it on membership, nifty little weapons, and a 1,000 replays :mad: