EU PlayStation English Sound

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Skyfairy New Player

The language settings you need to change are in the system settings menu from the main Playstation home screen, it's not an ingame option. Though you'll need to download a hefty 2-3gb patch to access another language.

However my English language sounds are now working. I relogged just now and had a 4mb patch to download and everything is working fine now.
  2. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

I usually have a rough idea about what was going wrong with the previous patches but this time I have to admit: I have absolutely no clue how someone could break the sound files generically - not just the voice-over files - by adding subtitles. I just have a strong imagination about some dev with a wide grin on his face giving the infamous Han-Solo-line to the other people around him: "You know, sometimes I amaze even myself".
    • Like x 3
  3. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Thank you for the clarification!;) Is provision made to fix this? :confused:
    One more question:
    There are some who realized that there were subtitles on the test server, but now ... They are not present, namely, that?:confused:
  4. HeavyMetalLover New Player

Im glad EU sound is working :D
  5. sauna New Player

All of this. Probably more blushing than grinning tho ;-).
  6. sauna New Player

Now I have sound and music but no speech except for in headline movies. Zzz. Summer interns coding or wtf...

Edit: I ONLY have weapon/power sounds and music. No speech, no other effects like leveling up sounds etc.

Edit: Briefings and Investigations are also muted btw.
  7. ReAni Mator New Player

A few years back I worked as an audio engineer with a graphic designer and I assure you all sorts of weird things can happen when you introduce new changes to otherwise stable content. In fact we had a similar experience/problem with subtitles. The designer did everything by the book yet the changes he needed to make were just randomly screwing with the original sound files, audio wasn't triggering or repeating etc..We ended up having to create our own solution rather than relying on the software to work correctly.
  8. sauna New Player

Accepting that random things like this occurs and takes days to fix is like accepting that a pizza tastes funny, eating it because you're hungry and telling yourself "I'm sure the pizzadude did his best". I don't like funny pizzas, nor broken games ;-).

So now PS players have to wait a week to play the game with all the sounds it seems. Awaiting some approval?
    Btw, the fix for PS3 states that Briefings and Investigations should work, they don't.

I dunno, this feels like lack of passion or competence to me.
    I've read that the PS version gets shafted often in favor of the PC version. It's it always like this? Would be good to know before I throw more money at it.
    • Like x 1
  9. Myrdin69 New Player

9 time out of 10 stuff happen, only on ps3 or ps4 only at best, on entire server otherwise

the worst thing is that this all mess could have been easily avoided or at least seen sooner if the guy in charge would have simply check every language in the game once he realise english language was messed up, but no i guess thats too hard to do.
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

It's kinda related but not entirely as it may not be a glitch but...

On PC test, Most NPCs have subtitles whenever they speak. But on EUPS and USPC, I can't seem to get them to activate. I've only seen subtitles on the animated videos that play after beating a chapter. Am I correct in assuming that the in-game subtitles are still a work in progress and haven't made it to live yet? or if they have, how do I enable them? because I've enabled them via the Audio option in settings but I'm not getting anything when playing content or at any other time other than the video clips.
  11. Noxinima Developer

This is correct, on Live subtitles are only enabled for the animated comic movies. We will be enabling subtitles for normal gameplay later on.
    • Like x 2
  12. Asmf_88 New Player

Glad to see im nt alone.luv the game and was very disapointed wen game dropd sound wedsday,iv gt some sounds bak bt no voices at all. Is there any word wen this problem will b fixd? I also hav hada problem wif my 1st character i was forced to abandon bcos the story jst stopd,gt to level 27 and impossible to find another mission.been awhile and untill now havnt hada prob with new character
  13. Xainexus Well-Known Player

EUPS3, after GU37 I had no sound at all.
    The hotfix only gave me 'combat' sounds, ambient sounds and animation/movie sounds.

I still have no voices from NPCs during gameplay and interactions.

Any word or timeframe for a fix for this please guys?
  14. Rhinosus13 Loyal Player

^ This!!!
  15. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Playing on the test server I see that it stays with the same problem. Even without the other languages​​. Languages ​​and general subtitles for the game will be possible only after the 38 update? Or we can get it even before this update?:confused:
  16. Balkan Let's Play New Player

lol Me gusta Batman
  17. light83 New Player

I have the same problem after update 37
    gone all the audio from the game
    now more than a week
    my language is not English but Italian and did not feel the same
    because no one do anything to solve this serious problem?
    • Like x 1
  18. Nisforman New Player

And yet another update that brings back the terrific mute mode. Now even combat sounds are off. Is it that difficult to fix a sound on a game?
  19. xpoipoix Well-Known Player

where is the eu ps4 sound hotfix ? Its really anoying to hear nothing ...i like play with sounds
    • Like x 1
  20. Nisforman New Player

It seems like the new update fixed the problem.