Dev Discussion Episode 46: Cursed Themyscira Raid

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Beta, Oct 5, 2023.

1. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Feedback for raids going forward (to the entire content designer team).

The last three raids back to back have all featured pretty much the same first boss with different skins.

Defeat both bosses at similar time.

One of them has a reflect mechanic.

(For the last two raids) One of them has a Chain Lightning mechanic.

For the next raid/s please can we mix it up a little? Either have a solo boss as the first boss encounter or 3/4 sub bosses. Play around more with different mechanics rather than have most of the same ones. It almost comes across like you copy pasted the boss from previous raids over and changed the character models.

Would be boring from a player perspective if when the next raid/s release with the next episode if the first boss once again has 2 bosses, one with reflect and the other with Chain Lightning, and again you have to defeat them at similar time or the fallen revives.

Just my 2 cents on this topic.
    • Like x 2
  2. Amazinger76 New Player

Is the Hardcore Parkour (Elite) still bugged somehow? Tried many times today, nobody got hit on 3 attempts, still didn't pop.
  3. arkhamowl Level 30

The first boss was not that engaging and it felt underwhelming as a result. The second boss was great. It had engaging mechanics that kept me on my toes and there was a real threat of death. For example, if you didn't stand in the pools to get turned into a super fast spirit, you would most likely die. Not to mention, the new map is gorgeous. I thought the enemies spawning in from doors was very creative and cool.

However, the final boss was absolute chaos. The first time I ran the raid, I did not know what I was suppose to be doing or where my focus is supposed to be. A lot of players were standing around and others were whacking enemies. I ran the raid a few more times before it clicked. The second boss felt more like an actual fight against Hecate, while the final boss feels out of place. We are fighting the aspects of Hecate and we do not really attack Hecate herself.

There is a lot happening in the fight, the bombs going off, the enemies spawning in, half the players breaking the portals and the other half focusing on the boss. I could not see or hear any tells of different attacks or phases if there were any. There was a distinct lack of clarity in what was happening and everything seemed to be happening all at once.

Overall, I did enjoy the raid but I enjoyed the second boss the most.
  4. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Last boss area is still ridiculously crazy for regular version. I’m not saying it’s not doable, just t just doesn’t fit the flow of difficulty.
    1st boss: easy. 2 bosses and 1 ad. Reflect mechanic and a jump mechanic.
    2nd boss: easy. 1 boss and different phases. Move forward, move backwards. Kill ads or boss fastly. Run in circles.
    3rd boss (not a boss): difficult. 1 shielded fake mini-boss, 4 ads, x3. Portal mechanic x3. Orb mechanic. Ww pickup mechanic x3. Avoid 2 sets of orbitals that constantly rain. Skull attacks. Group lasso stun.

Please revert the latest update to the 3rd encounter to how it was before so it stays in-line with the difficulty. That update fits better with that eleet garbage, albeit a little too late as the spammers spammed it before it got more difficult.
  5. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

So make it like event no brain power. Gotcha
  6. VoidTorcher New Player

Small issue: in the Ethereal Hecate fight, the island is a little too close to the boss area. When the boss fight starts, the wall around it can sometimes pin players to the side of the island, making them stuck unless they warp rally.
  7. Puppette New Player

The raid itself is lagging