Dev Discussion Episode 46: Cursed Themyscira Raid

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Beta, Oct 5, 2023.

1. BeanCan Developer

The feat should not fail when Pets get hit and yes it should still fail if a player gets hit by a Water Spray but their shield absorbs the damage. Water Spray attacks refer to any attack that gets logged as "Water Spray" in the combat log. So the 360 Splash Attack from the first phase does not fail the feat.

And water golem Water Spray attacks also count against the feat. You are right that the feat description isn't very clear about that. I'm currently getting change for that in to make it more clear.
    • Like x 1
  2. NovaRandom Well-Known Player

Appreciate the feedback on this, many attempts of this were done and could not figure out why it never popped after \what we thought were succesful runs. And hey while i got you here, the Robotic style from earlier game that use to drop exclusively on oolong island doesnt exist anymore and there is a feat connected too it so it is important that it gets fixed. Been nonstop talking about it on the forums for 2 years since the omnibus clamp made it nonexistent and it hasnt even been looked at or commented on since. Please take a look at this, its been an outlier for 2 years, the robotic style, from oolong island, for the feat secret secret i got a secret, doesnt exist in game anymore. The head and shoulders are connected to a briefing and a journal mission but the arms and feet are supposed to drop from the oolong alert and the omnibus loot system messed that all up. It is just like the raven gear you would get from doing the raven take pride mission in gotham wastelands and how it was messed up after the omnibus loot system and how it had to be put back in the game, same issue and same outlier please fix this BEAN the developer.
  3. sirAlann New Player

i loved it :3
  4. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I wish the second and third bosses were swapped in their order. The second boss just feels much more grandiose than the final boss, and it even feels wrong using superboss & final boss themes on the final fight with Hecate.
  5. Popeyes Active Player

Ok so for the elite plus please add hard feats to it, like no death at first boss and no death for the whole entire raid. Fun hard feats to get like those motivates us endgame players.
  6. FixMyPower Active Player

Dear Beta and BeanCan,

Please consider a complete remake of the last encounter, as it is tremendously underwhelming. It feels like the 1st part of the encounter instead of actually being it. We players would really appreciate fighting an actual boss instead of having an openworld-like mission as an encounter.

Secondly, we need feats such as a speed feat (10 minutes could work if instance is kept as is), a death proof feat and maybe a bestiamorph count feat.
  7. NovaRandom Well-Known Player

8. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

Please devs, if you still add feats to elite plus despite our strong protest, no more no die feats. Have had enough of them. Thank you, the rest of endgame players.
    • Like x 1
  9. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

I personally like the encounter you mentioned. Not the best fight in the dcuo history but it's a bit different than a brainless burn the boss fight. You can cgange a few things to make it harder but keep this path.

Secondly, you just proved my burn the boss fast point. No death... Smh. The count feat sounds good.
  10. Popeyes Active Player

This makes me laugh lol
  11. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

Ask devs for a vault elite plus only for you and you can practice no die there all day long lol

You're welcome btw
  12. Popeyes Active Player

Wow you really are a casual. Anyways devs add actual good hard engaging feats like a mentioned in my recent post to elite plus. Just like The source wall elite + feats or nerons Underworld
  13. Stranger Well-Known Player

Bug Report
    At the last Boss in the raid, Wonder Girl stuns the group with the lasso and kills the players with an red area while stunned. (Occassionally)
  14. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

Exactly. They kept adding no die feats from Wonderverse to Death Metal. Excuse me but it's a terrible feat imo. If you like it, go back and do them. I prefer fun feats but same feat like no die in each episodes is just... meh. Not mentioning that they shouldn't add feats to e+ at all but I have to deal with it and that's a different topic.
    So if feats, anything but no die pls.
  15. FixMyPower Active Player

People will always complain instead of trying to be better and thats why this game is in this state
  16. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

I don't see it that way. The elitists, tryhards try to take over and influence the game for their own selfish purposes without caring about the average or mid players who, by the way, don't go to the forums to express their opinions. Therefore, the developers only see: this is too easy, this is not good, that is not good, wanna no feat, etc. A bit one sided and unfair in my opinion. That's why the game is where it is, that's why more and more people quit, because a small core shapes the style and difficulty of the game. Unfortunately, there is no balance. But the numbers speak for themselves.
  17. FixMyPower Active Player

It's quite literally the opposite. The ratio of "casuals" compared to the "elitists" on the forums is a joke.

Look at the quality of raids before COUe, you didn't need Critical or Elite plus to make good and challenging content. And the content we're getting now? apart from (ridiculously hard)TSWE+ and TSDe critical, its been boring, unchallenging with underwhelming mechanics and feats. This new wave of content pushed away so many good players that used to test and give good feedback. And they now release a raid with a 2 minute last boss that you can't possibly fail (unless you can't read). Nobody enjoys it.

I hope the elite plus will have some better mechs/feats or this will be another shock to the system snoozefest.
  18. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

I don't know, as I see it, I'm the only one who is against elite plus feats in this topic. Everyone else is a masochist, a self-proclaimed elitist.

But as you say. It used to be that, there was no elite plus, but we still enjoyed the game in the golden age. Of course, you can say that at that time elite was elite plus. The thing that bothers me the most is that I have to run the same raid three times on different difficulties for all the feats. Boring af. For example, I spent a week now to do all the feats in the alert(r + e). The alert is nice I like it, by the way. But I was really bored by the end. As soon as I've dona all feats, I said to myself, finally, I won't come back here again. Then new feats are added now... Fml.

If it was just normal and elite, without the unimaginative no die feat, I wouldn't complain. I wouldn't mind either, if the elite was on elite plus difficulty. Just let it be fun and not one step to the left and die, pointless suffering.
  19. FreezyPop Well-Known Player

Does anyone know the tells for Circe / WW doing shield penetration attacks? Last time I ran the elite raid, I realized I was posting red numbers from the first hit, not just when I was seeing skulls or after a shield melting damage number. I’m an ice tank, so trying it anticipate / counter / dodge those attacks is pretty key to managing to survive (and / or managing not to punish the healer because my power set has very few self heal options). I’m not asking for a nerf, just trying to figure out if there’s an obvious mechanic I’m missing there.
  20. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

This latest update to the last boss needs to stop. Whether it’s reg or eleet, all those players who already spammed it to death don’t have to play this update to where last boss is ridiculous. Is it beatable, sure, but that’s not the point. It’s a late update, either release it that way or don’t update it at all like this. It has too many overlapping mechanics like unholy matrimony suffered from, get lasso’d, stunned, killed, all at once. You have 2 hecates going nuts and now apparently using electricity to kill people with overcharge effects, too many aoe stuff going off at once. It’s beyond nuts. Return it to how it was and it will be just fine.

Side note, those weird things that spawn in, make them an instant-click and not a hold-click because there’s no point to get them if you end up dying because you have to stand there and die….i mean cog it for a few seconds.