Dev Discussion Episode 46: Cursed House Of Mystery Alert

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Shadoweaver, Oct 5, 2023.

1. NovaRandom Well-Known Player

HEY DEVS SINCE YALL APPARENTLY READ SOME CHATS THE ROBOTIC STYLE FROM THE CLASSIC GAME THAT USE TO DROP ON OOLONG ISLAND HAS BEEN BROKE SINCE OMNIBUS CLAMP. PLEASE FIX, BEEN TRYING TO GET THIS ADDRESSED, THIS MASSIVE OUTLIER BUG FOR 2 AND A HALF YEARS NOW. THIS IS THE LINK TO ONE OF MANY POSTS ABOUT IT. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...-oolong-island-no-longer-exists.327872/page-7
  2. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I know it’s been said. Renown from first boss not dropping. It pops up in the loot table that’s rewarded but doesn’t make it to our inventory. Not cool devs, not cool.

With that said, can we get the backlog of lost inventory returned to us? The only reason I run eleet is to get renown. It’s definitely not to run it for the ridiculously high health pools of 325mil boss health.
  3. Emoney Dedicated Player

One player gets an arrow above their head. If the plants get to that player they will feed and grow. The tank is the key to this one, pulling in the adds as soon as possible and keeping them juggled until they are dead.
  4. FreezyPop Well-Known Player

Is it possible to increase the opacity of the gas AoE Swamp Thing puts off? I have effects turned down to around 20% or so for general visibility / less blinding from all the bright glows. Unfortunately, the result of that has been that I can’t see the ghostly gas effect in the alert. I actually didn’t KNOW there was a visible area until I watched someone else’s play through. I just thought it was an unavoidable massive dot.
  5. Korlick Loyal Player

Bug: when Swamp Thing turns you into the little tree guy, fires Backdraft becomes unusable.

I remember this was happening on the raid too and got fixed, but still happening in the alert.
  6. gamma9 Level 30

Omni Vision artifact

Cool Down artifact

Greed/ Black Lantern powersets
  7. MegaDCUO New Player

And then what about the feat to never take a flek of damage from the spore cloud?
    It's bad programming to have a feat like that and then have it ruined all because Swampa** decides to cheat.
    Not to mention the bad programming in every other fight pretty much.

Pets being counted for the avoiding attacks feats. Deadmans trapeze attack being ludicrously over compensated with a giant hitbox.
    And the voicelines to warn of certain attacks NOT playing at times.
    It needs to be fixed big time.
  8. MegaDCUO New Player

This alert is just awful.
    The glitches. The mechanics being half cooked.

And I love DCUO so...tone down the ghost form attack!!!!

Being a ghost ain't all it's cracked up to be! 30 seconds later... How'd you like being a ghost?!?

Did a sadist design this alert? On elite is the most annoying pain to run so bad that it's next to impossible to even get into it to begin with.
  9. Moon Shinobi777 Level 30

I know it's the higher-up's on the final decision but this game deserve's to be upgraded to Unreal 5.2 so the game is fixable and easier on the devs it's OVERDUE!!, I love the game but the bug's are getting worse! The devs are pouring too much of there time and energy into this game, not to be deserving to work on a VERY flexible system to show more of there skills then what unreal 3 limits them to be. Overhaul of this game is called for this would garner alot of attention for the company and the community. It would be wise and worth the investment for EG7 to talk Warner Bros/DC about it. Alot ground was lost it's time for YOUR second wind. Have a great day.
    • Like x 1
  10. Moon Shinobi777 Level 30

This Cursed Gotham NEEDS to be fixed this is insane with the bug's and brokenness, in the alert last night I had two shield's on and i got smacked by furniture and red damage numbers pop instead of grey numbers. The ghost mechanic needs to dialed back before Dead man is about to die, less ghost shifting. My toon is always changing color's and weapons every time in the Dead man fight even switching armories.
  11. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

If you die during the etrigan fight and flee during the cutscene, you end up under the map and fall. Please fix?
  12. Moon Shinobi777 Level 30

The Zatanna posters A,B,C are dark base items when you go in the solo the same posters are well lit. Can we have that please.
  13. VariableFire Loyal Player

At this point I have to wonder if this is intentional? It's been a while and no word.
  14. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Etrigans flame breath still doesn’t appear 100% of the time. Can be hard to tell which way he facing as we can’t turn down the graphics on other players powers/effects and so we end up dying randomly.
  15. TANK69 Well-Known Player

Hey greens, its almost 1 month and still not fixing this...
  16. ZombieMeerkat New Player

This alert is so broken even the pets are trying to flee it.

As mentioned, Etrigan rewards no renown. Additionally, his (as well as power bosses) audio cues drop completely, remaining silent for the rest of the fight. It doesn't happen everytime, but frequently enough to be an issue.

Deadman needs fixed desperately. In particular the ghost mechanic. As a tank, I often get transformed (popping a shield just before) and still get immediately pummeled to death with 0 chance to survive. This appears to happen mostly when the team's DPS is on the higher end, resulting in faster burn. Also, WTF is going on with the pets? As a sorcerer, my pet flees and can be seen alongside teammates sidekick robots against the barrier sealing the entryway.

Swampthing, other than some cosmetic visual glitches, no notes.

On Xbox, it's difficult to even get this elite alert done, due to a dwindling community and a severe lack of tanks. This alert being very anti-tank certainly doesn't help. We almost have to spend money and bribe what few tanks we have with loot lock resets just to get it done. All just to play a very broken alert. I give it a big fat F.
  17. Revrec Environment Artist

YOU JUST MADE MY DAY!
    • Like x 3
  18. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Really enjoy the solo. Haven't had to pop a cola in quite some time in a solo lol.

The only issue I've noticed is Zatana's ranged, handblast attacks. The animations are mixed up. They looked to be solar flare and pulse beam (at least I think that's their names). You can hear yourself being hit with the tell tale sound of pusle beam after a solar flare animation (the weapon flash) and also interrupt it, even after it's long past. When you actually see the pulse beam, she does the solar flare animation and the beam is just a visual (no sound or damage) and uninterruptable.

Hope that makes at least some sense lol.
  19. Hraesvelg Always Right

Well, there's one simple explanation...

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Lol, I have also taken that into consideration