Dev Discussion Episode 45: Meta-Therapy Clinic Alert

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Beta, Apr 20, 2023.

1. Drathmor Unwavering Player

Parasite gets stuck when behind that pole if he is trying to beam static I have seen it happen a few times. it just locks him in the animation for the rest of the fight. its probably something that should be looked into as i foresee players abusing the situation.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I've been in a couple runs where people are intentionally luring him behind the column so the abuse has already started.
    • Like x 1
  3. Stranger Well-Known Player

Is Parasite supposed to do something when he's "hungry"? He's just following me, when he reached me he just stands there doing nothing.
  4. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Honestly I’m a bit disappointed with the alert. I just ran the elite version with my ice tank that’s 387 with no artifacts and 200 skill points. At no point i felt my life as tank was in danger, in fact I ended up doing last boss without a healer no problem.

It feels like it’s missing mechanics the duo feels more interactive and more interesting to run than this.

The ads feels like are the most threatening thing in the whole alert.

There is a lot of wait time with doors opening and small cutscenes as well. So it feels like the actions stops quite suddenly.

With my main its just a breeze. In fact we run one without a tank just for fun it wasn’t that far away from our usual time and the most dangerous to the group was the precision damage from major force.

This feels like regular. So I’m hoping that elite plus will be actually elite plus and not regular elite…
    • Like x 2
  5. KidKretz Committed Player

just ran the alert on my alt, so its an event mode on pc.

got the kill all mobs before final encounter feat, lunged major force 2x, i worked the machine both times, 3rd time, only i lunged and the terminal did not show as expected.

from what i know of running the raid, everything is working as normal.

BUT THEN major force stopped moving and we could do no dmg to him. we waited around, just watching static attack him and he stood still as a statue. we disbanded, didnt know what else to do.

not sure if an isolated incident, but good luck!
  6. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Went in the elite version of the alert today.

Some of Parasite's mechanics were missing, including the add spawns and Static phase.

Not sure why an already very easy elite alert needed to be made even easier.
  7. Korlick Loyal Player

I run it last night, both reg and elite and the mechanics were there.
  8. Stranger Well-Known Player

https://imgur.com/a/q6LlzoA

Major Force is bugged after we've failed to lunge him. He's not attackable, he didnt attack us either. We tried to reset the fight but we were stuck outside.
  9. Stranger Well-Known Player

Happened to me too. But only in 1/2 runs he skipped the add/carry phase completely.
  10. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

When I hit any enemy with meteor strike in Meta-Therapy Clinic alert, (event or normal) they not get knocked down, at first I thought they was immune, but after some runs I noticed the word "immune" not appears as should do, so I not sure if this is a bug, or a deliberate mechanic
  11. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Just feedback for future alerts. There isn't much point of including any sort of puzzle if you are just going to give us the answers as a default. Especially for any elite versions.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  12. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Alert doesn’t like to que up that often from my leagues perspective. I wonder why

1. It’s boring as hell

2. Skip ads or not skip ads (feat attached)

3. Elevator mechanic

4. Parasite is a lame fight

5. Lots more ads

6. Major force can bug out

7. Tanks like to die due to laziness

8. Hey, you queued as a tank, switch or I’m leaving. That bs again

I personally don’t like running it even though it is relatively easy. The players make it difficult as they like to leave and kill the instance, or not play as they queued up for, and still can’t even tank or heal properly. Or get the message that major force sparkle fingers can kill the tank and anyone else close by. The due is much more engaging than this shotty alert which is basically an ad infestation.
  13. RTX Well-Known Player

To summarize, in the duo you want mechanics to be skipped with alot burn, here you can skip and its boring. Huh?!

For you the alert is easy, other players leave because its to difficult for them, do i understand that correctly? What about using your knowledge to explain those people how to do it? Or do they leave because they see undergeared players, which they can´t speed rush it with?

People still complain about things beeing to easy, while looking for the most op team to run it with.

You see, the "balance" will always remain in between those groups,

Difficultys:
    Event - Free players, or non level 30 which can run the new content.
    Normal - Players who just reached the requirement combat rating, non or low level artifacts etc.
    Elite - Players with recommended combat rating or above with artifacts, augments etc. on mid to high level.
    Elite Plus - Skilled and maxed out players.

You should believe that there is a difficulty for each group. I mentioned it somewhere else, wait for Elite Plus that´s your difficulty level.

Edit: The difficulty names might need a change to somthing like Event, Normal, Hard, Elite (That might would make things clearer)
    • Like x 2
  14. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

The duo has mechanics in it. The alert barely has any. The alert is easy and meh because it is lacking vs the duo where you gotta be on your toes or you die. By your post, I gather you have not ran the alert as you’ll find it’s easy.
  15. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

The problem is the whole concept in my opinion. Same things over and over again so people want more mechanics and challenge. Avoid this, avoid that or you die. Where's the fun in this? Remember FOS, LABY, Dox, etc? We were laughing together, amazed by the enviroment, bosses. We kept flexing our style. Now? We run warehouses all the time, Gotham or Metro in openworld. Boss fight? Orbital strikes, dot pools, oneshot boss attacks everywhere. I miss some creativity. Ohh and Elite+. No comment.
    Back then it was fun to expolore open worlds, instances. But the same has been happening for 12 years now. Or 9 since DB bought this game. Pointless open world farming, op gears everywhere, greedy time capsules, artifacts, allies.
    Last creative thing was Atlantis episode where we got a beautifull open world with swimming. That was something new. Or Limbi town in JLD, looked very nice, uniqe and the mood while we were there...
    But back to mechanics, all we need is more fun. Not endless boss mechanics. Like we keep falling and need to aim the spot where we landing to do the proper damage to a giant boss. Or idk, just something different, something fun.
  16. FreezyPop Well-Known Player

Given I still can’t see the red in the red wire even when I see the sign, I’m okay with “giving the answer.” I spent my first two times running that alert panning around trying to see ANY colors, so it didn’t feel like a puzzle as much as a prank.
  17. zNot Loyal Player

the content has turned from being primarly focused on true difficulty which heavily involved tanks and healers (like those raids you mentioned) to now a dps feast show with lack of creative content design ontop of a broken unbalanced gameplay current content also only awards and pushes the community to the Damage stacking meta playstyle.
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

You don't need to see the colour, the icon changes are right in the terminals now. Even if you can't see certain colours on the spectrum it's not even a colour puzzle anymore because the icons are provided.
  19. RTX Well-Known Player

It is true that the content became easier in difficulty, however that´s mainly due to the inplementation of artifacts. Another reason is that the difficulty levels moved, when they added another difficulty level "Elite Plus". The issue there is, that people seem to be stuck in past with their thinking. And therefore people had given the developers feedback which made another difficulty level to be nonsense, since they pushed it far from beeing finishable even when beeing maxed out, there might be a few groups which completed Elite Plus/Feats but on a amount which makes no sense to have it in the game, the group you reached are a few % which don´t bring in the money for the effort you put into making another instance variant. That needs to change, and i´ve already made sure that it will go into the right direction with talking about it in testing-feedback, i had been giving the devs the suggestion about another difficulty level (elite plus) long time ago but i forgot to talk with panderus about doing it the right way, so that it would make sense to have it.

Apart from that, i would not know of any group which run the lastest Elite content without roles like Tank/Healer. You make it sound like you´re doing the raid with 8 DPS, or the alert with 4 DPS, where i would like to see evidence.

Another aspect you should think about is, that developers changed. "Quixotic" been in charge of getting mechanics into the duo/raid, for the alert it is "Beta", who is pretty new and was there for the solo in the last episode (Which makes sense to have less mechanics).
    However he will learn to do it the Quixotic way of flooding the instance with mechanics and wait for players to give feedback on what should be adjusted/reduced or tweaked.

When it comes to the environment and other 3D visual aspects, they´re working with freelancers.
    In the case of Atlantis there been many people working on it and contract artists aswell, for example "Walter Diaz", he also been part of the team for the House of Legends etc. or "Benjamin Naumann" for the Atlantis solo/lair, many people where you have never heard something about. The game is not just Teed Stoone.
  20. zNot Loyal Player

Sure artifacts are the biggest influence of this change and the new dev Beta did good for first time! Quitoxic did amazing too! I was mostly referring to content overall the person i answered i to also mentioned raids so i assume he was referring to content in general too. The raid is really decent this time around but it really is quiete a dps feast show and yea thats what to me is killing the fun/difficulty. But its a massive improvment compared to the both raids we had previous episode.