Test Discussion Episode 34: Mystic Symbol of the Seven - Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackFalconXXL Well-Known Player

What do you mean formulated properpy? It says it goes off of resto. I got it as roughly 7% of your resto if I remember right.
  2. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

It clearly should give dom if its a tank artifact. Maybe for players such as yourself who arent elite players it could be like it is but us elite players would like a tank artifacts which is good for tanks and give dom. As of right now not a single artifact gives 5% DOM. This artifact dont need to give 5% even 3% would be great but giving power as a stat to tanks is useless since its not a stat a tank is in need of.
    • Like x 3
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

Doesnt matter if Im an elite player or not. I am a Tank and my feedback goes with it doesnt need Dom even though yes I certainly prefer it. You're certainly right about Power but there are Tank Powers in the game that would clearly prefer Power and this Artifact better suits them. This Artifact again seems more geared towards certain Powers and not all. No need to go attacking someone because their feedback doesn't match yours. Lets be adults about it shall we?
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

I was getting 7-10% because of the range of Heals I was getting and just finding the average. The wording itself should never be presented like this anymore and should provide hard numbers.
    • Like x 2
  5. Schimaera Devoted Player

Name one tank power that needs a higher power pool when in the hands of a at least mediocre player. I played all of them so far and was it not for the shield SC I wouldn't need a controller at all. There is no high-power-cost ability that needs to be spanmed by any tank. o.Ô
    • Like x 1
  6. BlackFalconXXL Well-Known Player

exactly the issue i had with PoT for trolls when they made it a range instead of a hard number.
    • Like x 2
  7. codyxrhstou Well-Known Player

[IMG]

These are the results I got as a tank without the artifact.It seems unstable,I know there's a delay between damage & healing so I would run away from the gas per damage tick,wait to get healed, and then back to gas.
    The heal back I would get there was between 55-65%
  8. Trexlight Devoted Player

I had Atomic in mind since its always spammed and a power drain. Power is indeed a weird one to put in but more Power also isnt a bad thing.
  9. BlackFalconXXL Well-Known Player

Try an add instead in open world and see if it still dips like that.
  10. BlackFalconXXL Well-Known Player

Superpowered. If you hybrid spec as atomic, you'd run out somewhat fast, but that's somewhat obvious as to why considering you aren't actually using your weapon. I never ran out as Superpowered even with health gen's and a pure tank spec.
    • Like x 1
  11. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

Not really attacking but more pointing out the fact that many players who run elite on a regular are asking for a different change than players like you who arent.

If it works in elite it should work everywhere so adjusting it to better suit elite players shouldnt be an issue in my opinion.

Also no tank power runs out of power in the game and the power stat it currently gives wouldnt help that problem anyway if it even would have been a problem. Its a fact that dom actually helps tho because not only are tank shields based on dom + resto but some heals are also based on dom.
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

It's a not neccessary thing though and that is the main point. It's like giving a dps artifact restoration because them electricity dps can heal themselves with Arc Lightning.
    Also, the initial combo starters of Atomic have a power cost of 100 in tank role, the combos even less. If you play a tank role responsibly, you'll never be in power trouble. :)
    • Like x 1
  13. Batuba Developer

Some changes will be coming to this artifact based on feedback later this week. I will go into further specifics once the changes are ready to roll out.
    • Like x 3
  14. Trexlight Devoted Player

This isnt about adjusting for elite and non elite players, its for players all around. No need to split the playerbase for nothing. If this artifact doesnt work for your tank then it just doesnt work and there are other choices that fit that better playstyle as the reason for Artifacts, it fit a Player's style of play. Its also a fact that yes Dom does benefit all those things but with this NOT giving Dom, it gives other and possibly better benefits because Dom isnt there. Its changing a playstyle or even creating one with this Artifact as a every Artifact has before.
  15. BlackFalconXXL Well-Known Player

Obviously there's lag in the footage but if you take the tick beforehand and match it with the heal back in the 2nd set of ticks showing with the artifact, it's still 80% for me.
  16. Ully Committed Player

Please consider adding a Dom stats to this artifact. As others have pointed out, its strange to exclude a core tank stat like dom and having a power stat in its place.
    • Like x 2
  17. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

Well clearly more people appreciate a playstyle where this artifact gives dom instead of power. Its not just me speaking and refering to my playstyle but also other players who prefer dom in their playstyles.
    • Like x 5
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I may be repeating or summarzing other posts but I couldn't reply earlier so take it as reinforcement.

0sp into resto (10,828)
    856-972 base 872 avg
    crits 1300-1450
    50sp into resto not noticable impact
    100sp in resto (12,170)
    900-1055 base avg 950 ticks
    1325-1445 crits
    **AS FIRE TANK**
    1191-1423 base 0sp (10,828) 1210 avg tick
    2562-2909 crits
    1268-1501 100sp (12,170) 1371 avg tick
    2604-3063 crits

• First thing that needs to be changed is the 3% passive power to dominance, there is not a single tank artifact that has power as a passive nor is that amount of power necessary for tanking as in our gen mods and skill points no power is ever taken. 3% dom is a large impact to any tank that spec’s dom which is Ice, Atomic, Earth that dom loss is close to a bulldozer soder buff equivalent and any sort of base heals the artifact would provide at 160 would be negated by the decrease in shield strength.
    • Realistically only 1 tank powerset ever specs into restoration which is Ice so the tank powersets will be roughly less than 900 heal per npc strike/s with crits into the 1300 range which will be rare as well as only fire takes more than 10 in each critical healing and some players spec 0 into critical healing and take the dps crits.
    • The percentage of restoration taken into account for the heal needs to be pretty much doubled for it to have any viability, this will in turn help Fire Tanks which are already considered the weakest of the tank classes with Fire getting a reliable extra HOT where the other tank powersets that don’t spec into restoration at all will still have a legitimate HOT.

This is false, Rage's Severe Punishment and Atomic Combo heals are only mechanic based and not impacted by outside skill point sources. Do you see crits on the healing on Severe if you spec all the healing crits? no if you max your resto 225sp do you see higher Severe ticks? no

[IMG]

The healing ranges on Severe were the exact same with and without the artifact and are only impacted by the amount of damage you take which the only consistent source is the spore dot in doomed metro so feel free to test yourself.

Your sense of give or take is not practical when compared directly to artifacts. Where is the give and take with Eye of the Gemini? where is the give and take with Venom Wrist Dispenser? oh prec dps have less power regen? like that matters for most of them. Where is the give and take on the Amulet of Rao? Where is the give and take on the Parasite Power Harness?

The difference that 3% dom and the passive dom on the artifact is for example without the Symbol 16,172 dom and with it 15,548 a 780 dom difference between wearing a 190-318 passive dom + 3% vs the symbol which is 0 passive and 0%. At those stats Rage's Redirected Rage absorbs 145,734 dmg with 16,172 and 79,131 and 80,198 that's a 1067 difference on every single shield and you saw my earlier tests where you would need 100SP into resto to make the heals on the artifact begin to equal that shield loss. You may be a tank but you are only a Rage tank and have no clue what Ice, Atomic, Fire and Earth would benefit or require from. Rage doesn't even Spec into DOM as a primary stat. Your argument about tanks needing or perfering power is also ridiculous as there isn't even a tank powerset that puts any skill points into might/power nor is there one that takes the Power generator mods instead of Health if they actually main tank and not just when they don't dps. There is no justifiable reason that this 1 tank artifact should be different than every other single Tank artifact that has a passive and 3% dom stat.
    • Like x 5
  19. Trexlight Devoted Player

The give and take, as explained by the Devs on the livestream, that THESE were about give and take as with the other 3 artifacts and thats what I was referring to. Regarding the Power stat sure Dom would be best to have over it and I will take back my statement Tanks preferring Power as i wont speak up for other players nor is it really needed for the Role. And for the record, I may be a Rage Tank but I have and play the Powers so how about you step back from your petty insults and stick to providing the feedback or else do you believe they give you bans too? i get you're here to help but how about you stop from attacking others providing feedback and their opinions as if they're morons. Not everyone needs correcting and when they do, bring some politeness to the table.

Now as I said, the give and take were the Dev's words, not mine, regarding these 4 new Artifacts. The Artifact giving Power is weird and sure players might not need it but more Power certainly doesnt hurt. Dom being added to the Artifact is fine but as I see it with the Artifact, it doesnt have it so the 3 buffs are there to supplement it with getting a Defense buff, self HoT and larger heals coming in. If Dom is added to it, great, if not then its just an Artifact that wont be used just like the other Artifacts tossed to the wayside.
    • Like x 1
  20. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

There was no insults needed it was simply stating a fact, you said you were a tank and I could only have assumed you would be aware of 1) tanks don't need power 2) dom is important for tanks despite it not being rage's primary stat 3) that severe punishment should not be impacted by anything else because its solely a mechanic based heal just as Atomic is so any discussion on the subject should be reported as a glitch.

On your second point I rewatched the entire section of this artifact and there wasn't a Give and Take described even once with respect to this artifact, I don't think its fair to assume Batua's stance when its something he didn't say. The controller artifact and the supply drop artifact are obvious give and takes but there is no such give and take on the pet artifact or the tank artifact, that general assumption doesn't apply. Batuba did state the heals weren't meant to heal you up but an extra form of mitigation but they aren't because in an actual raid where you need heals and npc's are hitting you for 4-10k per attack the 900 health isn't even a mitigation it won't do anything to help you. Also the fact that the heal is only at 160 rank so its a 700,000 XP investment just for some small heals the real benefits are at rank 80 and 120 which any tank can leave it there and have little incentive to level it to 160. Also from the perspective of a Fire Tank which is already considered the weakest easily this presents a valid opportunity to address it without even having to worry about powerset adjustments.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.