Test Discussion Episode 34: Mystic Symbol of the Seven - Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batuba Developer

This page is for testing the Mystic Symbol of the Seven artifact. Please post any feedback here.

Thank you!

-UPDATE 3/19-

Coming soon(ish), the following changes are being made for this artifact:
    • Removed Power stat and replaced with Dominance
    • Reduced internal CD to heal proc to be .25 of a second.
    • Slightly reduced heal value of proc heal.
    Heal proc felt less of a reaction to multiple attacks happening on player at once and instead just a ticking HoT. Changing the proc rate should increase healing received when attacked by multiple sources constantly. To help balance this additional healing, we slightly lowered heal value, but players should see more overall healing when taking damage quickly.
    • Like x 3
  2. codyxrhstou Well-Known Player

That healing increase at rank 120, does it also count towards severe punishment heal back as a rage tank?
  3. Batuba Developer

The buff calls for all healing received so should include healing from all sources.
    • Like x 1
  4. VoidTorcher New Player

But not Shields that are counted as "healing" in combat messages, right?
  5. L T Devoted Player

All sources except for Atomic's self-heals in my testing. Fire gets the buff. Rage seems to get it also. But Atomic's heals are unchanged.
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

That's curious. Seems to be the first thing to change set percentage based healing numbers.... I dig it.
  7. Shorts New Player

hello everyone, i have tested the artifact at rank 160 as an ice tank, i had 100sp in restoration and a total of 12k restoration. im getting an average of 1k-1.5k heals every second while getting hit by +14k hits from ads and i feel like it is not realistic to use this in raids because the heals is so low compared to the damage received. i hope that the heals from it get increased as well.
  8. codyxrhstou Well-Known Player

I dont think its purpose is to replace a healer.Plus as ice youre focused on shields,for the heals you rely on the healer.
    • Like x 2
  9. Shorts New Player

I already tested Severe Punishment with the artifact at rank 160 and it did not get an increase of 10% more heals, i still receive 75% of the damage as heals not 85%. its a set number and the amount of heals received is not increased by the artifact at all. is this a bug?
  10. Shorts New Player

of course, but what is the point of getting it to 160 then? if the 160 buff gonna be useless in raids then just getting it to 120 is good enough. i want the buff at 160 to be good enough to make it worth it.
    • Like x 1
  11. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

The bases stats should be changed.

Power should be removed. It should give Health, Dom and Resto

(Makes no sense at all why power would benefit a tank)
    • Like x 3
  12. codyxrhstou Well-Known Player

If you try it as fire specced as health & resto and with that 50% healing in, its worth it.Just because it doesnt work that good with 1 power it doesnt mean that it should get buffed so that it fits that power especially.Like I said as ice your priority is shields,not self heals, which means artifacts that give healing as a special ability wont be as beneficial compared to self healing powers.

To me that artifact seems like a way to buff fire so that it can compare with the other tank powers.

Imagine buffing the healing ticks to 5k/s,fire would be a solid tank power and rage would be even more broken with that +10% healing in and the extra healing at 160.
    • Like x 1
  13. Shorts New Player

i already told you, i tested severe punishment and it did not get any buffs from the +10%, not only that but even a 5k/s heals is not enough, because if u have 5 ads hitting you, each one hitting around 15-25k which means u are getting hit around 75-100k damage, what can a 5k/s do for you? rage will not be broken because as if right now, it is not getting the 10% buff at all. u are welcome to test it yourself if u dont want to believe me.
  14. codyxrhstou Well-Known Player

I tested severe punishment : With the artifact at rank 120 : 14.112 Damage in - 11.289 Healing
    Without the artifact : 14.766 Damage in - 9.823 Healing in

The 10% incoming healing is working fine for me,but again this is not the point,ice doesnt need the buff of the extra healing ticks just like its not helpful to buff your health(dilustel refractor) because your shields will take more damage.You dont care how much you can self heal for every hit because your purpose as ice is rotating shields.Try the artifact as fire or rage,this is where you'll see its full potential.
    • Like x 1
  15. L T Devoted Player

that's about what I saw. Atomic was the only tank that didn't benefit at all. And Ice, since they don't have any self-heals at all.
  16. BlackFalconXXL Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]

I'm getting 80% heal back with and without the 120 bonus.
  17. BlackFalconXXL Well-Known Player

That's also 79.999% heal back compared to 66.5%. Even assuming the 66.5% was base healing on rage, a 10% increase to that rate would be 73.15 not 80%. Your testing without the artifact has to have included extra damage that wasn't healed for because that number ratio is different than what I got with and without the artifact.
  18. Trexlight Devoted Player

The Base healing for Severe Punishment in Rage Tank is 80%, the DPS is 65%

I just did the Math and if you took 14112 Damage and then healed 11289, thats 80% of the damage healed to you so you didnt get 10% more. The #s with you not wearing the Artifact only comes out to 67% so maybe you were in DPS role? Or grabbed the numbers in correctly.

Im gonna have to agree with those stating Severe isnt getting the 10% increase. I just tested in Doomsday Metro, with and without the Artifact. Then went to Earth 3 with and without and the numbers are always the same 80% healing that Severe always has.

For those seeing the extra 10% do you mind showing the formula on the calculation?

Also Batuba, the wording "heals a small amount" isnt sufficient. Its the same wording as Rage's Remorseless Recovery which is a nightmare to reverse engineer the formula and seeing a few of the testing heals that came about, its acting just like Remorseless. Can you place a flat % to each Rank or provide the formula so we know how it works and offer better feedback on it. Remorseless Recovery NEEDS this information as well.
    • Like x 1
  19. Analytics New Player

So bringing this discussion back to the artifact, hopefully Dom will be added the base Stats instead of power.

In addition, hopefully the healing is increased to make ranking the artifact up to 160 more appealing. Thanks
    • Like x 2
  20. Trexlight Devoted Player

Dom would be nice but its not going nor should be added. This Artifact like the the others are about give and take. Its giving us 3 bonuses so the Dom was removed because of it. Does this mean some Tanks wont need it? Absolutely. It will certainly benefit some and not all but it also could open Players to try new things, different specs and try it out. That is of course IF Artifacts were easy to level. That being the case its a flat no to a lot of people and rightfully so. if the Devs give Dom it would be a small % or one of the buffs would be gone or weakened greatly. The Self Healing does need to be stronger but since it cant formulated properly, its hard to say what needs to be done with it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.