Test Discussion Episode 34: "Chaos Gotham" Open World

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Quixotic, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quixotic Developer

Some fixes are in the next update for the bounty:
    • Fixed the bug that was causing a sigil to sometimes not take the color of a daemon that was defeated on it
    • A daemon on a non-color sigil immune is pulls/movement effects; this is to hopefully reduce potential griefing
    Notes on motes (woot - rhyme!):

Currently the zone tries to maintain 68 motes that are spawned and waiting to be found (after a short spin-up when the zone spawns the first set)...each at one of 92 possible locations. When someone finds and takes a mote, that one goes away and a new one will spawn very quickly (usually in less than 10-15 seconds). The new one will try to pick an unused location - one of 24+ of 92 spots without a mote.

There's no respawn timer on an individual spawn spot; a given spot could respawn almost instantly or it might not respawn for many minutes. The speed with which an individual spot spawns a mote is more a function of of how often a new mote is needed. More people farming motes should mean that motes are respawning more frequently because more are being used. Which should in turn mean that each spawn spot is being used more often and appearing to be re-used quicker on average.

Much of that can be tweaked. I can make various adjustments to spawn numbers, number of locations, and that kind of thing if more changes are needed.

As for white dots on the mini-map: motes are not set up to do that. For them to show up as white mini-map dots, I'd have to show an icon on the motes themselves. I don't love the way the icon looks on the motes, but if it would help I can make that change.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 1
  2. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

In regards to the icons on the Motes I don't believe would be necessary and just serve to over clutter the map, Atlantis you needed to do it because the chests weren't easily visible and around corners and different hidden elevations where you can see these motes from a distance.

The render distance is already huge on them and its a flashing purple moot in the middle of a dark and grimy open world map :) as evidenced below. If we had dozens upon dozens of white dots on the map would just be a solid red and white arrow/dot covering the entire minimap

[IMG]
  3. Luke© Well-Known Player

No Feats for Chaos Gotham? :(
  4. EconoKnight XIII Legion

No feat for doing the bounty x number of times?
  5. Luke© Well-Known Player

Sure, why not, i hope 100 times. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.