Test Discussion Episode 34: "Chaos Gotham" Open World

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Quixotic, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quixotic Developer

Hello and thanks for venturing into Episode 34's Open World zone: Chaos Gotham. Please post your thoughts, feedback, and any issues you stumble upon.

Known issues:
    • Feats are not yet complete
    - Quixotic
    • Like x 1
  2. MastersGL New Player

Not sure if this is on purpose...

Hero side I got missions from; Dr Fate, Phantom Stranger, ARGUS Gunn, Deadman, Batwoman, and Zatanna

Villain side I got missions from; Tala, Faust, ARGUS Gunn, Deadman, and Batwoman...but no Zatanna, or anyone else to replace her.
  3. darkgalahad Level 30

The ambient shading in open world campaigns seems to 'wash out' the enemies in parts Chaos Gotham, while most of the shading works well around the areas around Gotham University, it is hard to see the enemy NPC's due to this.
  4. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I found out that killing the deamons on each node colors each of the 5 surrounding a center node. If its truly meant to work that way in order to summon the bounty...then its bugged. Only 4 of the 5 colored deamon types are spawning...making the bounty impossible to finish. At the moment, only the blue, red, yellow, and green deamons are spawning. Pls give this issue a good look.
    • Like x 1
  5. Gromm865s Active Player

The Daemon (blue looking one by itself in the park area) seems to have the damage hits not registering correctly. In my combat tab I had 2 hits, one for 5600 and one for 5900, then had another which ko'd me hit for 29k. My health was a little over 60k, so I should have had roughly 20k in health left.
  6. Black Jaq Devoted Player

The ARGUS anti-magic weekly mission can be very difficult to work on if you do not have your Effects Fade setting up high enough since nothing shows on your mini-map. Seems to be less in an area than the Relics mission from Atlantis, which will make it even more frustrating for people as this seems to favor flight.
    • Like x 1
  7. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I think you need to up the spawn rate on the Motes of Stray Magical Energy. I went to a spawn point and timed the respawn. It hasn't respawned in over 15 minutes so I think you need to check something. It will be difficult to complete with multiple people doing it.
    • Like x 1
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Bug: Urgent Warfronts teleporter mod
    The Urgent Warfronts teleporter mod lists Chaos Gotham as "[ep34_magic_ext_gotham:]" in the teleporter base item.
  9. Gromm865s Active Player

Took me a few hours off and on to finish this mission. Not too terribly bad on test but on live with who knows how many others doing the same mission. I agree spawn rate needs to be increased.
    • Like x 1
  10. Gromm865s Active Player

Also like to note the weekly 8 player bounty doesn't seem to be working. Large group of us were at the "ritual area" ko'ing Daemons for probably 20 minutes and the bounty boss would never spawn. All the other points of interest for that mission take you to a blank area, only one spot had those marking on the ground.
  11. Rejchadar Inquisitor

8 man bounty looked broken, we tried just kill the demons, we tried kill the demons in circles corresponding to their colors, tried to kill in the center and in various other combinations, none of this worked for the call ....
  12. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

There is bug with the daemon lord bounty.. the group of people kept on killing different coloured demons on the correct runes.. for over 1 hour! the bounty did not spawn!!

are we doing this wrong ??
    • Like x 1
  13. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

From what I understand the daemons you kill are supposed to imprint their colors on the runes when they die on them. You gotta get each color on all the runes to empower them to summon the boss. Its missing the 5th last color daemon in order to color the last/5th rune.
  14. Gromm865s Active Player

I think one of the problems is we don't know when/if they imprint on their correct color, no visual indicator. I was one of the villains in that vid, folks thought the runes would light when done correctly, I just flew over that area with no one there fighting, and the runes were all lit like in the vid.
  15. Telnano Active Player

I think OW need more Spawnplaces for the Motes, its hard to find some on Map and if 100+ ppl on live it will be very hard.
  16. powerwoman274 Well-Known Player

The 8 player bounty just has endless adds
  17. Quixotic Developer

Thanks for the feedback!

Some Fixes and Notes:
    • The missions aren't supposed to be offered until you finish the Chaos Gotham part of the Justice League Dark mission. That's thru speaking with John Constantine after interrogating the Daemon Courier. This already worked for Heroes and now it does for Villains as well.
    • Zatanna will grant her mission to Villains. It took some convincing, but she finally agreed that we need their help as well.
    • Motes of Magic:
      • Initially, 59 motes are spawned throughout the area in 92 possible locations. I increased the number that spawn to 68.
      • They respawn pretty much immediately but try to pick a new location.
      • They spawn on rooftops as well as at ground level all around the area.
      • I'll keep an eye on this. I can have even more of them spawn, but may also want to increase the number of possible locations.
    8 Player Bounty (*Spoilers*):
    • This will spawn at one of the three waypoints marked by the mission. I thought having three locations to check would be better than a huge area.
      • I wanted to have a waypoint that appears at the location it spawned, but the mission system will not update the waypoint dynamically. In other words, if the boss was beaten and respawned at a new location, everyone in the zone on that mission would still see the old waypoint. So couldn't do that.
    • There are 4 normal Daemons that spawn as part of this event: red, blue, green, and yellow.
    • To spawn the boss, you need to defeat one of those Daemons on each of the five sigils that form a circle around the center one The center one is where they spawn...you don't need to kill one there; only the outer five.
    • A sigil will light up when a Daemon from this is on it. Defeat a Daemon on a sigil while it is lit up and the sigil will take the color of the defeated Deamon.
    • A sigil can take any color regardless of whether or not other sigils that have already taken the same color.
    • When all five outer sigils have taken the color of a defeated Daemon (doesn't matter which color or combination), the boss will spawn in the center.
    • A Daemon will continue to spawn (one at a time) at the center sigil until all five outer sigils have taken a color and the boss is summoned.
    • Try this and let me know how it goes. Or if you have more questions.
    - Quixotic
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

This was how it was attempted previously but I have yet to try today (03/18) the issue was there was a sigil that would not light and stay grey (the farthest tip towards diamond district pd by the wall) any demon we killed on it no matter what the colour this would not light or change and prevented progress. If the fix last night changed that than disregard.

Also there is an issue with griefing that will 100% occur with this type of open world bounty there will 100% be tanks in open world that keep pulling the add away from the group trying to kill on the sigil which will thusly prevent progress. The tank could also put lasso on that will override any tanks normal pull and they could fly and keep pulling it into the sky etc. This may sound dumb but it will 100% just like it did in previous operations when players died to the clowns in open world before it was moved inside the instance when the clown would kill a player a player not in the raid would turn the cog and send that player back to the rally point instead of a rez

The 4-Player Bounty Podnormous:
    • If this was intended to be a 4-man bounty as stated in the text then it cannot reward the same as a 8man bounty in 8 marks and a increased reward box. This bounty can literally be killed with 2 players and when geared you don't even need a tank. If you want to keep this at a 4-man bounty then it must rewards 4 marks and a lower gear box because players on day one will just farm this in 3min each and have a full vendor set in a few hours of the DLC release.
    • Also in the Atlantis bounty Swarm if a player did not damage the initial adds and only attacked the Trench Mother they would not get full credit for completion where here I can show up with the missing and hit the final Daemon a few times at 2% health and get full completion rewards for it. I think it should be if you don't damage any of the first waves of adds than just killing the Daemon shouldn't grant rewards.
    • Going back to point #1 with how many players are going to be in chaos gotham hero and villan there will be 60+ players flying around doing these bounties and to have it die so quickly just from a few players will kill any longevity this episode will have cause of how fast you can grind the marks. The health of the adds and the daemon boss have to be more than doubled or this bounty turned into a regular 8man to justify the health increase.
    • To give perspective last night I was in a farm group and we would go from Batwoman to Batwoman (getting the mission to getting the kill and going back) within the cooldown of the Warp Rally. I couldn't even Warp Rally back to the vendor because of how fast the bounty was completed.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

I don't agree with this point, people already farm out the bounties whether they be 4 man or 8 man and they'll replay their way to a full vendor set within hours on day one because that's what they do. This will happen regardless.

If you take marks away, you have to place them elsewhere because taking marks away then immediately has a flow on effect to the price of gear and attainable marks per week.

Sorry Chill I disagree, because I see people doing it, if that's what they choose to do regardless of whether it's possible to 4 man it or 8 man it. As long as its priced at 87 replay badges like normal, it'll be replay prohibitive just like any other weekly bounty preceding this one.

If you do anything I'd rather just see the strength of the bounty buffed to make it harder.

Also are you telling me a solid 4 man group couldn't kill the Titan bounty day one? Did that get adjusted? No it didn't.
  20. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Will a solid 4 man group kill the Titan bounty in less than 2min? no they wont. If you want to keep it at 8 marks fine scale the health to make it a 8man bounty. There aren't even any 4man open world bounties in previous episodes they are designed to be 8man. Also like I said if you do Swarm and miss the first set of adds you don't get credit where here you weapon tap the Daemon at 1% health and get full credit for 8 marks.

Having a 8man bounty that can be killed in a 2min or even less when there are 15 people attacking considering the bounty does ZERO DAMAGE to anyone outside of 5 feet away sounds like a good idea to you? You can literally have a full vendor set in a few hours of playing day 1 without touching a raid or even the alert. Double or Triple Mark weekends? sheesh Players are going to do it anyways but its not like we have to gift wrap it for them. Gizmo etc has like 4x the health of the daemon and daemon only has 1 attack that could even kill you. I don't think there are Alert bosses that are as weak as the daemon and that's 4man content as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.