Test Discussion Episode 34: "Chaos Gotham" Open World

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Quixotic, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Can confirm that it's not working
    • Once we will any deamon the sigil will say the initial colour and never change again nor reset. The colours that are currently showing are the same since Day 1 of the Test Server when we tried it, the sigil closed to the wall in the direction of the diamond heist pd station has never lit up once and has stayed green.
    • Also dragging a deamon to another colour sigil and killing it does not change the colour as shown in the video.
  2. Quixotic Developer

I didn't fix the specific issue you describe. I haven't seen it fail in my testing, but maybe it's connected to that location.
    Thanks and I'll look more closely at each of the three locations at which it can spawn.

I'm thinking on your point about griefing and how to remove/minimize that kind of thing. Needs some thought.

I asked the Systems team to take a look the bounty mission rewards feedback from you guys as well. I don't what their take will be, but they are talking about it.

- Quixotic
  3. BlackFalconXXL Well-Known Player

Can you have lower NPC's be forced into a grounded and cc resistant state like bosses? That way it would be immune to regular pulls as well as the atomic teleport. If that happened, the most you should see is an ocassional tank trying to use a single target pull to override the other tanks. At least I"m assuming/hoping 3-4 tanks standing on a sigil spamming a single target taunt should have the npc going in that direction instead of toward 1 tank in the wrong direction also spamming single target. Not sure if it would be possible either, but possibly assigning a threat level buff to the sigil locations that makes a tank standing on one pull aggro more than a tank not doing so, and then just removing the buff after a daemon has died there. That'd actually lowkey be an interesting mechanic for pve content later, to have localized interactions with increased or decreased cc resistance, threat level, or other types of buffs where you have to watch your positioning.
  4. Quixotic Developer

I was thinking something kind of similar. I don't want to make them immune to pulls because that would make getting them onto a sigil more frustrating. But I might be able to make them immune to pulls while on a sigil. The downside is that I think that will make them immune to all or most cc. But might be worth it. The threat buff is also an interesting idea or maybe threat immunity when a daemon's on a sigil (if that's possible).

- Quixotic
  5. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

It took 38 seconds, 38 seconds to kill a bounty and get 8 marks of victory and 8 Daemohedron. It takes longer to go back to Batwoman to turn in the mission and fly back to the spawn area than it does to actually complete the bounty. This bounty/mission will absolutely kill episode progression and make any Double or Triple mark weekend completely broken.

I understand changing it to 4 marks changes the price calculations but the only way to not completely destroy gear progression in this DLC is to increase the health and damage ENORMOUSLY

*and to any point that its a 4man bounty and there are more than 4 players this is completely realistic to what is going to happen on launch when a phase full of players roaming around. Look at the crab in Atlantis how many players are there for that and still takes enough time to kill and at least that Bounty has encasements and DOT where this bounty has nothing to damage a player besides his melee skull.
    • Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

I agree, but yes, you buff it, you don't take away the marks i ran this bounty a lot and yes i agree it is trivial.

Buff the bounty, i agree but don't take the marks away, the marks aren't rewarded based in the duration or difficulty of the content by the way they're rewarded based on the frequency of the loot lockout.

This is a weekly so it rewards 8 marks.
    • Like x 3
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Come on man don't egregiously exaggerate.

The other open world bounties are farmed just as equally rapidly and even moreso during extra mark weekends.

This one might be under powered but no matter how much you buff it you won't be preventing that behavior because groups of players will farm it out enmasse

Just like they have the titan bounties and just like they have the swarm and hulk.

You can't honestly tell me groups aren't killing those in a few minutes.
    • Like x 1
  8. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

They are killing them that quickly when there is 20+ players around doing it and not 10. Plus the Atlantis bounties have a legitimate chance to kill you, the trench mother combos can easily kill a non tank player, the Crab has his DOT and encasement and his pounce. The skull on this daemon can be completely avoided by rolling as soon as his two-handed raises above his head its purely a frontal cone and has no aoe splash damage not to mention anyone flying would take zero damage entirely from this.

The mark thing fine, this shouldn't have been scaled as a 4 man bounty anyways for one there is no precedent for that and 4man isn't realistic cause its an open world bounty. I didn't agree with how easy Gizmo and the others were as bounties but this is even worse. What is the point of raiding when you can get 8 marks in a couple min and a piece of gear or generator mod or you que for a 20-40min raid and get 10 marks and 3 pieces? not much of a time vs reward comparison there.
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

No you could kill the gizmo bounty easily in a few minutes with just a few people if a tank or healer was there.

Like i said, i agree with buffing the bounty what i disagree with you on is your assertion that this isn't somewhat without precedent it clearly is and has been

And people have and do spam these bounties for rapid gear and marks, it's not these bounties responsible for that, it's replays themselves.

Other than needing a little buff there's nothing fundamentally different with this bounty and ive run it about 20-30 times.
  10. SilkyPawz Bunny

The Weekly Mission for The Stray Magical Energy Still needs to be increased and spawn time. Sitting at the University spawn point going on 12 minutes now and still hasn't respawned.

There should be more spawn points as well. Since logging in 45 minutes ago on test I have only collected 18/54.
    • Like x 2
  11. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Do you have your effects turned down low? When I saw this I just tried myself and I had about 25 collected in 4 minutes only? they are everywhere
  12. SilkyPawz Bunny

No they are not on low , I found more on the railroad tracks and on some buildings then I stood in front of the one by the University took 14 or so minutes for it to respawn.
    • Like x 1
  13. darkgalahad Level 30

The shading seems to be cleaned up on street level, easier to see the bad guys. However, finding magic motes is an issue for the ARGUS mission.
    • Like x 1
  14. Gromm865s Active Player

I feel after playing 95% of my time in the open world. For a new ep the npcs are a bit weak. At cr 259 and 285ish sp on test as a tank, soloing, nothing besides the Daemons at the 8 player bounty location or the main boss at the 4 player bounty pose any real threat. Even getting groups of 8 enemies at a time is not difficult at all to handle. On live, folks 262 cr and 350-400+ sp will breeze right on through these ads. Feels too easy in tank role. In dps role, ads are still extremely easy to burn through.
  15. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I don't know if anyone has asked.
    Are these motes suppose to show up on the mini map as white dots? If so I'm not seeing them on mini map.

I was asking because the last DLC's mission that functions like this showed the dots on the mini map.
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

Those Motes of Magic are tedious to farm and the phase is empty lol, with so many ppl on live it will take me literally 1 week to farm those... one can only hope that those count in group !
    • Like x 2
  17. Knarlydude Loyal Player

That's why I asked about the dots & mini map. I was ummmm ok. xD
    • Like x 1
  18. SilkyPawz Bunny

The Motes on test atm are easy to gather due to the low population. I was on test last night barely anyone in the open world, so it makes it easy to farm them. When this goes live there will be hundreds of people farming them, there is just not enough spawn points for these and the respawn rate is very slow..

They are so spread out that making groups to farm them would be harder, there is not one congested area these spawn in just all over.

I flew around Forum/Park Area there was only 7 in the entire area that I counted. There is so much empty space there that more can be put there.
  19. Telnano Active Player

I get 40 in round about 15-20 mins (i think), should be ok now.
  20. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

The bounty with the sigils wasnt working on wednesday but tuesday we spammed it a few times and it worked. I dont know what happened with it yesterday. We got 3 to light up but killed 3 beasts on one and it just would not light up, the outside turned gold, but not actual “eye”
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.