Test Discussion Episode 33: Royal Palace (Solo)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Meowtapes, Oct 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Can we get an option/alternate exit to go to Atlantis even if we have finished it before? It’d be super convenient for me to start my day off by queuing for the solo and being able to go straight to the open world from there. If it’d be really difficult to implement for some reason then it’s not a big deal, just a thought. :)
    • Like x 1
  2. Luke© Well-Known Player

Scene-Bug:
    By reaching the last boss, mera and ocean master will hold back the "crown of thorns". But the thorns go straight through the wall in that scene. Is that intended?
    Also after the cut scene, the door is just closed, and they´re "shooting" against the door, instead the thorns.

Fight-Bug:
    At last boss you can touch the weapon arsenals with "E" (PC-Version) for whatever reason^^ Maybe a feat?
    • Like x 2
  3. Kestral Committed Player

This was the most frustrating solo not due to the content but due to the fact that it is set up as a speed run racing the thorns though the map and ....i'm stuck as a healer because my character is 'transformed' and unable to switch armories to dps.

I died so many times trying to kill that first lieutenant before the thorns got to me. -_-
    • Like x 2
  4. Kestral Committed Player

Teleported to the WT to change armories to dps and gave this a proper run though.

The wall of thorns keeps you on your toes still for the first lieutenant if you want to clear the room of all adds first. After that the speed of the wall needs to be sped up. Even with clearing all adds I was waiting around for awhile in each section seeing if the wall was even still chasing me before moving on.

Also one subtitle spelling fix needed from the Navy Commander Nicolas: "When surface ships entered our borders, we were ready to defend Atlantisl, but the King did not allow it."
    • Like x 1
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Can confirm this:

[IMG]

The thorns are clipping through the wall.
    • Like x 1
  6. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Bug: Cut-scene Prematurely Ended

After the wave of enemies at the beginning of the fight, the cut-scene started before the final enemy was taken down. As the cut-scene started playing, I got hit by this rogue enemy and got pulled out of the cut-scene. I could run around the map. A few seconds later, I was teleported outside of the room, into the hall, and could run through the Crown of Thorns for a short while.

Also, the Crown Of Thorns are translucent and that makes them look kinda crappy, imo. Any possibility of making them opaque?

Maybe as they move forward, the plane the texture is projected on could rotate 360 degrees. That might look decent and like they have more life?

[IMG]
  7. Maxwill Committed Player

Boss got bugged , I lowered his health to about 75% , he went to the weapons,I countered him, I blocked, he was thrown away (coz of my feet mod) in the window spot and he wasn't taking any damage...
    I thought you guys have that bug fixed....
  8. Meowtapes Developer

I did fix one cause of the bug but found another one. I have it fixed on my end and hopefully it will go in soon!
    • Like x 1
  9. Meowtapes Developer

I had found the issue with the cut-scene and added it to the known issues on my first thread. I've already fixed it on my end, so it should be fixed soon!
    • Like x 1
  10. Meowtapes Developer

I increased the difficulty of the Crown of Thorns and the Drift Commander on Normal Mode in this newest hotfix. I look forward to hearing your feedback! I’m hoping it will provide an added level of difficulty for DPS but not make it too frustrating for other specs.
  11. Brad Sisto Well-Known Player

I ran Event mode tonight and this is what I observed.

The new Air Bubble for armory use is out in the corridor right when we start the instance. This makes it handy if we Die at any point during the instance as we spawn right there but if as you are fighting through the instance you find you need a different armory setup it means your only choice is to die.

The Skull mini map indicator for the Crown of Thorns doesn't seem to be quite right yet. It feels like the indicator is lagging behind a little.

Now that the Atlanteans are swimming it makes it harder to avoid any of them other than when they are stations along a section of the route you do not travel through.

If you die and have to reswim any section of the map Orm and Mera do not keep pace with you.

I feel the last boss should be swimming. Yes he doesn't need it as you are sitting in a single room but conceptually it feels like he should.
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    1. According to the Reef Racer feat, you have 5 minutes to complete the Crown of Thorns chase.

So why didn't I get the feat on this run?

Does the 5 minute timer start at the beginning of the instance or at the start of the chase?

2. Why didn't I get Tide Torpedo on this run? You're supposed to complete the chase in under 2 minutes:

That attempt was barely over a minute. I did get Reef Racer though, so why Tide Torpedo?

It is still pretty easy to skip all of the adds with some shielding.

Are the chase feats bugged?
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    It is possible to inflict crowd control effects on Commander Zoltar when he is running between weapon stands:
  14. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    There are a couple of problems with the Air Bubble:

1. It isn't marked on the map. You just have to look around and you'll eventually see a water dome without any associated icons or explanation. You didn't even get a message when entering it about Swimming form being removed. Unless you know exactly what the air bubble is supposed to do, you'll be very confused by its presence.

2. An Air Bubble needs to be implemented in the last room too. Some people will prefer to run in role or swap armories when fighting Commander Zoltar.
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    The Commander Zoltar fight is more annoying than hard. Depending on your DPS output, he might be ready to swap weapons within 7 seconds of the fight starting. If you're accidentally inflicting crowd control effects, it can take up to 11 seconds for Zoltar to swap weapons and he is invulnerable during that time period. Zoltar swaps weapons three times during the fight. That means there is a lot of downtime chasing him around the room waiting for him to become vulnerable to attacks again.

I did see Zoltar do a skull AoE attack a couple of times, but it is really easy to avoid.

The weapon racks need to be placed closer together.
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    After the first matinee scene, Corum Rath is standing on or around the throne doing his Thorn of Crowns summoning ceremony. At least from the player perspective, it looks like Aquaman should be tearing him to pieces:

It just looks very awkward.
  17. GreenArrowFreak New Player

Following dentril:
    on the map the dentril is shown a bit further away then it is in the room.

Endboss:
    if I die and he was nearly down: he keeps his low life and the fight continues (me with full life vs boss with low life),
    if he was just about the half as I died, he recieves his full live.
  18. Meowtapes Developer

Hi Penryn,

The feats aren't bugged, they're tiered behind each other. You have to complete Skilled Swimmer before you get Reef Racer, and you have to complete Reef Racer before you can get Tide Torpedo.
  19. Schimaera Devoted Player

Could you maybe make it so that the succeeding feats only show up, if the feat before it was completed? Worked for the Doomsday bounty. It would be less confusing to players that way.
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Thank you for the explanation.

I think the default player expectation here is that they can all be completed in one attempt. There is nothing in the feat descriptions to suggest they need to be done on separate runs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.