Test Discussion Episode 32: 'Titans Targeted!' Alert

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by JackFrost, Jul 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the feedback! I've looked at the Mammoth charge you're describing and it was a little problematic. I'm making a couple of slight tweaks to it to make it more effective. It'll still have the problem of potentially firing off when Mammoth impacts anyone (ie. Cyborg, or a melee player, whether tank or otherwise). And so if his original target was behind the person that was directly in front of him, it's possible that his intended target won't take any damage. But the change should make that a little less likely.

As for Cyborg, yeah I see what you're talking about. He had a feint (which involves a block) as one of his special attacks that was associated with the Skull icon you referenced. I'm making it so that feint is no longer going to trigger the Skull tell.

I hope these changes improve both fights, even just a little. Thanks again!
    • Like x 1
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

The charge being body blocked by the tank or anyone is fine, as long as the intended damage hits a target that body blocked. Good stuff sir, you're trying to make this Alert be my favorite topping Fatal Exams #EnvironmentalDeadlyForce
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    I spawned on the wrong side of the barrier when queuing into the Normal version of Titans Targeted:
    • Like x 1
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    After you get through the laser wall section, there is a console on the wall that deactivates the laser walls. Should there be an objective bullet on the right side saying something like "Disable Security Walls"?

Is Cyborg able to advance if you don't trigger that console?
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    This is for the Normal version of the alert:
    1. Deathstroke is a pushover compared to the other boss fights in the alert. All I've ever seen him do are some basic weapon attacks. Does he have any special mechanics in that kitchen section? You get him down to 75% and he leaves.

2. Cyborg has a very bad habit of running to the end of hallways and aggroing NPC mobs long before the group gets there. That's a bit of an issue when the NPCs start firing long-range missiles at you. Here's an example:

Note Cyborg is fighting several big mechs at the end of the hallway at 6 seconds. Also note the missile barrage.

3. I don't feel the Radiation Aura is messaged very well. You can roll into a room, pick up the aura, and wonder what is going on:

This is the only example where I've ever seen a warning message:

There is nothing in the instance that tells you about the second pulse mechanic. You have to read the bug report thread to know what is going on. Just based on the warning message, you'd think there would be a harmful DoT.
  6. JackFrost Developer

It's optional to disable it (doing so makes it easier for the rest of the group to catch up, or if someone wipes before the boss and needs to run back). Cyborg will eventually advance regardless of whether you deactivate the laser walls. Thanks!
  7. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the feedback! On my long list of things-I-want-to-add for this alert was a small amount of ticking damage while a player is irradiated. I originally only had thought of having it in there for the Normal mode, but thought twice, and there will be a smaller amount of damage in the Event version as well. I've also worked to improve messaging of that mechanic, with Current Status Effects showing, and better timing of the mid-screen warnings. Some of these changes will make the next hotfix, and some will make a following one.

Regarding Deathstroke, I'll take a look. I had a couple things I wanted to do, but the fact of the matter is that it's not a proper boss fight. But I don't want to give the idea that he's not a threat, so I'll see if I can improve it somehow.

I made a couple changes I think yesterday to Cyborg's behavior (such that he won't concern himself with turrets) before seeing your feedback on this. Those changes should make the next PCTest hotfix. If I get time and it continues to seem problematic, I'll look at making more changes.

Thanks again for your help testing and your feedback!
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    This is for the Event version of the instance.

1. Should Deathstroke really have his Ikon Suit in the Event version of the instance? The group is nearly all killed by the last attack:

I take 52202 damage.

2. The detection areas for these Laser Walls is fairly generous in spots:

You think you're out of the way and you end up dead.

3. The turrets at the ends of the hallways can't be hit by certain powers (as is usual with turrets):

Fear Gas doesn't work on Turrets at all. This was an issue in Open World Doomed Metropolis too.

4. I feel like Cyborg's Ground Pound attack in the Event version is overtuned:

The first time Cyborg did that skull attack, he killed two people. I lunged him in that video just to get a good account of how much damage that attack was doing.

5. After the final boss battle, you can deactivate some of the turrets:

Weird thing is that I couldn't get into the North turret room.
    • Like x 1
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    One thing I don't like about the final room is that you can't hit anything that is off to the side below you while on the steps:

Note how I have to get off the ramp at 4 seconds to do damage to the drone. It looks like you have clear line of sight, but you don't.

That's inconvenient if you're waiting for the barrier to open and wanting to inflict some damage.

Does that also block line of sight to the group from that particular angle?
    • Like x 1
  10. JackFrost Developer

With regards to this specific feedback, yeah, Deathstroke is meant to activate his Prototype Ikon suit and knock players down just before he bounces. The amount of damage he does in this very specific case is a portion of the platyer's total *current* health, and shouldn't KO anyone in and of itself. It's a little preview of what he has in store if you face him in the later Raid.

I'm investigating some of the other feedback in your posts. Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  11. JackFrost Developer

2) I'll make a little change to try and make it better, but sadly sometimes server/client stuff can make it a little imprecise.
    3) I'll try to do something but I'm not sure I'll be able to solve it totally.
    4) Thanks! Adjusting it a little bit. It is a pretty big series of hits for event mode.
    5) Good catch. I introduced a few issues when I made some other event mode changes, and will get those issues solved.

Thanks again for all of the feedback!
    • Like x 1
  12. Ully Committed Player

Hi Jack, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but is it possible to add a cog that skips all the cut scenes in the alert? I think there's 4 in total and it'd be nice, if we could activate a cog at beginning of the alert and just skim right through it without interruptions.
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I asked about this in the duo thread. Unfortunately, there are technical issues for implementing the feature in multiplayer content. You can see JackFrost's response here:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...-titans-training-sim-duo.297345/#post-4153376
    • Like x 1
  14. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I noticed while fighting Mammoth that it maybe possible to stand on these ledges and avoid taking damage. Here is an "after the fight" example of a couple of possible places:

I'm worried those locations could be used for cheating.

I was able to stand on the light fixture at least during the Mammoth fight.
    • Like x 1
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Questions
    When Cyborg uses his Sonic Bolt attack in the Normal version of the alert, how many projectiles is he supposed to fire off after showing skull?

How well does the Healing Debuff work on Cyborg when the Healing Nanites are active? That isn't something I've been able to test yet.
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This attack did K.O. 2 players at the end of our fight (right before the cutscene). I was the tank and did not die. I will try to record video next time.
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

2. I might add that I really wish there was a spawn point shortly before the laser grid. You just defeated Deathstroke, so it seems like a good spot. Multiple players died to the lasers and had to run all the way back from the start which is complicated since the hallways are very mazelike.

4. Cyborg's attacks seemed very strong in general (regular mode) while attempting the feat where you avoid using any of the generators. As a tank I normally didn't have any issues, but there was some sort of damage over time (I was not aware of walking into any nanites, but that may be possible) that was the principal culprit. The rest of his attacks don't seem to be much of a problem (though strong) simply because they can be lunged or avoided (well, melee dps aren't going to like it, lol) and the "Cyborg is charging the drones" also seems mostly avoidable.
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I also wanted to add that this is one of the most beautifully designed instances in the entire game (not talking about the fights, though they are interesting ((Mammoth doesn't really wow me, but the others are fun)). The detail put into each of the Titan's rooms, the lasers, and the overall look is mesmerizing. So kudos to whoever handled that.

If league halls had little side rooms like that, it would be amazingly awesome.
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Regarding the Mammoth fight, I noticed that "flooding the room with pets" was an effective tactic for dealing with his charge attack. He'll regularly pick a pet to charge over a player. The open world bounty is the same way.

Since there doesn't seem to be any grounding in this fight, Flight-enabled players maybe able to dodge his skull attacks entirely by just staying at ceiling level.
  20. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for pointing this out. A patch for it is forthcoming.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.