Dev Discussion Episode 29: Gotham Zoo Raid (Both Versions)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by TLantern, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TLantern Developer

Hey, Everyone!

Welcome to the official Dev thread for the Gotham City Zoo! Please use this thread to comment on any bugs, balance, or feedback you may have for the raid. This thread is for both the Normal and Elite versions, so please state which version you were playing when you provide feedback. Thank you!

We hope you enjoy your stay! (Please don't feed the animals)
  2. Zamara Dedicated Player

Is the man bat trinket intended to drop as group loot? Just finished the regular version, saw it drop twice but it was as group loot son we had to roll for it.

3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is not intended. We will fix.
    • Like x 2
  4. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

First off, please, for the love of everything holy, will you please make it so we don't rage crash coming out of the man-bat form on last boss? PLEASE????????

At 30%ish health, Riddler-Bat just walks around. He doesn't attack. Just kind of moves in a circle around you.

We had to roll on renown tokens in elite.

Elite was also way too easy. It didn't feel like elite. It felt like reg, but with elite next to the name. There just weren't any mechanics to watch out for. At no time was anyone in danger of dying. To call it elite, is a huge stretch.

Also, the amount of CC'ing is ridiculous. It's also really dumb that you get BB'd when trying to break out of certain attacks. That's been a long standing annoyance. One of the man-bat bosses does some kind of like screech that you can interrupt, trying to break out and lunge that will make it so you get block broken and give the boss a blue. Very annoying. As a tank, idk why I'm being tossed around like a rag doll. Idk if it's the update or what, but good lord, I'd love to not be thrown around every 5 seconds.
    • Like x 2
  5. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

In the normal version, last boss. I turned into the bat mind-controlled and got KO. I think that is a bug?
  6. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Elite version renown tokens things is a group loot. Please fix.

also, second boss fight. I'm on PS4 and cannot see AOE that killed me.

Made millions off it. lol
  7. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Oh, the add in Zoo last boss doesn't disappear after defeating the final boss. Sometimes when you wipe, an add is still there when you run back to the room.
  8. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Is it me or is 2 tanks needed?
  9. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Wasn't easy for my group, and it was made up of high level people who I know are competent. Once the two death limit is re-established, I doubt we'll get past the second boss fight often (if at all). The only reason we finished after two hours was because of unlimited res.
  10. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Can be done with one tank but as soon as adds spawn on last boss. Tank needs to be ready to pull them or you will end up dying and maybe wipe.

2nd boss in elite is hard so many things to look out for. I liked 1 tank better than two. We did tried two but did better when it was just 1 tank. I think we need more gear before doing elite most people were 200-206 in terms of Combat Rating. We had 2 heals and 1 troll too which was fine.

Not sure how the last boss of elite is. When it's back on live. I'll end up being around 210 or 212 combat rating. :eek:
  11. Ekart Committed Player

Thalia makes her gas aoe also when she spawns the ads. This is the bigger problem when ppl are meleeing bosses on normal.
  12. farm3rb0b Committed Player

I didn't see more CC'ing than I expected. There are a few things that stun lock you that don't seem to have a good tell. Big fan of being stun locked before any visual appears, spamming the crap out of block, staying stun locked, and then dying to a mechanic (attack/AoE). But...that's been a slight issue for a long tome.

I'm more curious about this screech. I see it in both normal and elite, has the kind of sonic cone visual in front of the boss. However, I've tried numerous times to lunge it to no avail. I even complained about it in Discord last night that it looks like an attack that should be lunged, but it has no counter symbol and the boss has no immunity while I lunge him like a loser and nothing happens. I can tell you as a non-tank that lunging that from the front is insta-death though because of the stun lock. -_-

I find the wing-flap more annoying. Same thing you're describing. If a wind tunnel gets put into the room, you have to break out from the CC, then get block broken, give the boss immunity, and now you can't lunge him to stop him putting more wind tunnels out.

As for the Man-Bat controlled form on the final boss...I get it, similar to Starro event. However, in that instance, we were given a consumable that would help return our allies to their normal state. Any chance of something like that in this Episode? Also, the controlled form goes to town on our powers, using whatever it sees fit. I never see a decrease in my power bar as it uses things...unless it uses my supercharge. I know we have supercharge generators, but...I cannot repeat some of the things I said in our voice chat last night at how peeved I was when that Man-Bat form depleted my entire SC bar and there was absolutely nothing we could do about it but have my teammates wail on me. Seriously?
    • Like x 3
  13. Korlick Loyal Player

Is it just me (or a huge coincidence) or this raid is laggy as hell, specially on boss fights?
    Everything was working fine, got into the raid, adds no problem, boss fight starts and lag beat the crap out of me. Got out of the raid, everything is smooth again.
    Another group, and again, the same. Adds no problem, boss lag.
  14. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I think you guys buffed elite way too much. The 2nd bosses are now 220 cr. Our best was all three bosses burned down to 60% each. The lions didn't even come out yet. Tanks really can't tank them either. The best thing you can do is keep jump around the room and dodge and launch out of everything.

Plus the stun + AOE combo is unfair. You die no matter what unless a shield was on you to get out and survive.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  15. Harlequin Devoted Player

How much of the new gear did your group have?
  16. Saybro Committed Player

17. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

The adds don't despawn at the end of the raid. You also remain transformed once Talia is defeated. I was attempting to pick my loot and died b/c I forgot I was still transformed. Yay rage :(
  18. spack2k Steadfast Player

i dont know about his group but my group had tanks of cr206 and they basically died like flies, most likely because the healers were dead very fast, the tanks cant prevent the 2nd bosses to dps the group at all.
  19. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Me and another electric were 211cr
    1 Hard Light 210cr
    2 Tanks 205cr and 210cr
    2 heals 201cr and 210cr
    1 troll and I forgot their CR

I did save the video for a reference. I haven't watched it yet. The video I saved was when we burned them down to 60% each. I think at 50% lions will come out? Not really sure.
  20. Elusian Crowd Control

Last Boss Elite - Lying Claw:

Before the buff Psionic Snare wasnt one-shotting (not everyone has all relevant previous op pieces and can survive it). Since you upped the NPCs CR that attack from Lying Claw is a one-shot without any tell as well.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.