Dev Discussion Episode 29: Gotham Zoo Raid (Both Versions)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by TLantern, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

Weekly boxes as well. Imma just ask, do you have the street cred feat? I got it on one toon and unlocked it on my main... But forgot for a box before I unlocked it and was livid. Still took a while but got one. Also do that, run on alts with the feat. Hope this helps.
  2. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

Elder Scrolls has a Raid group respawn limit. So, every death tics off that sum. It breeds group play, attempts to eliminate bad play or players by not grouping with such, allows for delayed pick ups, not on a timer. So half way through a 30 min boss fight you can rez a player. As long as you have some group rez left for the raid.
    • Like x 2
  3. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

Ha, there is this one boss, the Celestial Archer. At level, we would save almost all our group rez till her final boss fight. She was so "OP" then that we would still lose all our resurrections. And have to reque. Oh yes, once you lose all the group rez the Raid is over.
  4. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Yeah man i have the feat...i actually stated that in my rant. Lol..been two weeks..not a one has dropped!
  5. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Please remove feat points for future OP items. The drop rate for riddled items is horrendous! 16 days and i have yet to get any drop but halloween ones! That is preposterous devs! Yes i have the feat and two characters actually wear all 8 pieces! It is sp that is achieved by RNG and we all know how RNGesus works, lol! Consider it guys...we shouldnt have to spend money on these items. 12 collections and they barely drop even with the “increased chance” by have the feat.

Thanks....
    • Like x 2
  6. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

How long before that hot fix maaan? I assume it has to go thru Sony, since it's a client fix. Just curious. #DcuoArtifacts
  7. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

Yaaaaay! Hotfix for this tomm. Great job guys, Devs and players for getting this looked at. Perfect timing as well. (MB weekend) As GM Rugged Monk use to say... "Happy hunting! "
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

It really feels like the event collections may be causing some kind of issue. Ive had many OP collections drop because ive been running so many toons through the content and ive noticed whenever i get an OP collection drop i never get any of the halloween collections, candies, or those grenade things.
    • Like x 1
  9. Kestral Committed Player

My group has noticed that as well. Though on our end it really is impossible to tell if the seasonal is actively hindering our chances of getting non-seasonal drops or if it's just our own terrible luck. However it seems likely, since as you have said we've yet to see a regular collection and a seasonal collection drop together. I suppose we will have to wait till next month to see if regular collection rates pick up but honestly we won't have long to compare until the Christmas seasonal starts and potentially causes the same issue again.
    • Like x 1
  10. Heywiar Committed Player

Just did ZooE last night and even though I understand the last boss was not tweaked, I still want to highlight that changes need to be made on the last boss. Lying Claw still does that Psionic Snare attack that randomly one-shots without any warning. I really cannot stress how irritating that move is and I can say the same for breaking out of the Man-Bat control. Both are nearly instant death sentences. The only way we can beat it is if we all have shields up at least 99% of the time to prevent the Psionic Snare from killing us. It IS beatable, we just have to jump through so many hoops that we shouldn't have to, you know?
    Also, we've noticed that since yesterday's hotfix, Talia seems to heal back to full health during the middle of the fight which really sucks! Thank you for the changes on the second boss.
    • Like x 1
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I've seen a group member drop a supply drop and than immediately get mind controlled, if Talia runs through that supply drop she goes back to full health.
    • Like x 2
  12. Heywiar Committed Player

So THAT'S what it is. Sheesh, is that unlucky or what.
    • Like x 1
  13. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Th
    This is what happens when people complain about stuff being too easy...
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

Its elite. It should be difficult. But this raid in many peoples opinion has been over buffed. Normal zoo takes anywhere from 12-20 mins for most groups. Where elite can take hours and not be finished. Clearly this is 1 extreme to the next and im not sure why some middle ground cant be found here. Using an example another game has for raids there is easy, normal, hard, extreme, and savage modes. Normal zoo feels like easy mode and elite zoo feels like extreme or savage mode and there is no in between.
    • Like x 1
  15. Heywiar Committed Player

Yeah, invisible one shots REALLY suck.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.