Dev Discussion Episode 29: Gotham Zoo Raid (Both Versions)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by TLantern, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fed up player #10 Well-Known Player

Tried Zoo elite raid and I must say it is ridiculous that is was buffed up to this level. I am a 348sp/ 211cr fire tank with 5 pieces of op gear and fully modded. I really like getting hit for 67K by the joker bat ! SMH Who asked for this to be buffed? Who asked for all the elite content to be buffed? I mean i understand elite content should be harder but give me a break. The Atomic tank that was with me was also getting one shot every time. He was 338sp/ 212cr so its not like we were trying with too low of gear or with a bad group. The lowest person in the raid was 208. Shouldn't have to wait 4 or 5 episodes to be above the cr of the adds to beat the content.
    • Like x 5
  2. Kestral Committed Player

I'd really like to know the trick for that second boss. Last week i tried it at CR 205 with 312 SP and it was just 5 runs in a row of one shots for the group in under a minute of play. Most notably one where I was at full health, blocking, standing on my HoT, and Shielded....yeah we gave up after that.
    • Like x 2
  3. spack2k Steadfast Player

LOL, how about mechanics ? u need to block that damn Skull attack !!!
  4. Kestral Committed Player

This is the normal mechanic yes. However people are getting one shotted when there is no Skull.
  5. spack2k Steadfast Player

not tanks, i was quoting the tank who complains about 67k hits which only happens to a tank if u dont pay attention to skull attacks.
  6. Kestral Committed Player

Yes tanks too. I was watching them block and still go down. Also watching lunge fail to interrupt attacks which is another usual mechanic that people count on.
    • Like x 1
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

A challenge and impossible are 2 different things. Apparently daybreak thinks they mean the same thing. What it feels like to me is the content is not actually being played to gauge the difficulty. I mean by the dev team. Players say make elite more of a challenge and they simply buff up all the #s. Meaning the cr of enemies and all their attacks. Making attacks hit harder doesnt always equal a challenge. And if its overdone, the buffing, we end up with what zoo elite is now. Which is ridiculous. And of course players out there are resetting the 1st boss over and over. This doesnt appear to be about having a challenge in elite content. It seems to be about replay badges :mad:

Elite content should be a challenge. It should be hard to complete. It should take a group of very good players who are all on the same page, playing as a team. But it can be completed. And there shouldnt be mechanics that the group cannot counter. Obey the mechanics and the group has success. Fail the mechanics and the group fails. None of this u cant counter this boss here or u simply cannot do anything about this attack but die or be lucky it doesnt hit ya. Im sorry but thats bad design when things are like that. Please start making some solid elite content. By solid i mean good. Not the ridiculousness zoo elite is now.
    • Like x 6
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

The lack of communication is sad at this point.
    • Like x 2
  9. spack2k Steadfast Player

that is not what i experience i am tanking it myself, the only time i get one shooted is when i fail myself and its my fault.
  10. Fed up player #10 Well-Known Player

Yes i was blocking and had the Bat Man bat in the corner by myself and boom 67k one shot and out didn't even see the joker looking at me. He went from tank to tank and destroyed the whole group. Tried it attacking and blocking, both ways same result. Oh and how about 48k through both my shield and the healer shield? Not sure you can block what you cant see ! What was the point of making tanks getting a buff when not blocking then intentionally putting in a mechanic that needs to be blocked anyway?
    • Like x 1
  11. TestReporter Loyal Player

Yeah, i think it won't matter at this point anyway... By the time they fix this, unless we spend 10 thousand replay badges we won't be able to get elite gear before the episode...it's just sad
    • Like x 1
  12. spack2k Steadfast Player

well ppl calling special attacks helps, the special attacks are in the game so ppl block, it was always like that , i dont know why tanks should be excluded now after revamp at special attacks of course, at normal attacks i agree they shouldnt need to block and from my experience they dont need to with few exceptions like fire tanking ... or rage tanking while rage crash mehanic is not up etc..
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I don’t remember any of you complaining when DWFn was like this :p
  14. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

DWF was nothing like this. At least there were tells for those attacks. Try Paradox maybe...
    • Like x 2
  15. TestReporter Loyal Player

DWF was completelly beatable and there were groups finishing normal in 20-25 minutes in the first weeks, the elite version was hard but beatable.
    ZOOe can be compared to ToTDe last boss, it became a replay badges party with everyone farming ares and the judges, but at least they gave ToTD the required attention, and it was fixed (like almost near the next dlc, but it was) we didn't get a single answer on ZOOe, and the next episode is coming...
    • Like x 4
  16. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

This.
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are working on a fix for the reported invisible AOE. Unfortunately, the fix must come with our next game update or client hotfix (something that gets downloaded), so it will take longer than some other fixes.
    • Like x 4
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I don’t remember there being tells on Lashina or Stompa, or random add lunges, or any of the 2436853 different AOEs but whatever.
    Maybe for you and your elite pals it was beatable in 20 minutes, but for 95% of the population it was exactly as GCZe is being described here. Now you know our pain ;-)
    • Like x 2
  19. Ully Committed Player

Aside from making adjustments to the difficulty in the elite version, can you please lock the supercharges on the last boss fight against Talia when in-phases, so that the AI does not discharge them? I was in a Zoo elite run, and during the last boss fight I was phased into the Man-bat form and my supercharge was discharged. Its counterproductive to the group, when supers are going off involuntarily and frankly, its unnecessary, considering the current difficulty of the raid. Thanks
    • Like x 2
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Has there been a gu75? I look at the announcement thread and see august 23rd was gu74. Thats almost 2 months ago. From my understanding GUs happen roughly every 30 days. And when i search "game update 75" the 1st thing that pops up is the gotham TC and time and space vendor thread. Was that gu75?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.