Test Discussion Episode 27: Loot and Rewards Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Avair, Oct 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. light FX Steadfast Player

So far the r/d mats come from running the solo, dailies, and salvage. There is 1 piece i havent found yet. Oh the soda enhancer too. So 2 pieces.
  2. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

confused on this picture it says place this in an equipment socket to modify stats and raise the item level of equipment, affecting your combat rating. Does this means mods affect your cr again since it raises the item level??
    • Like x 2
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Very happy with the rewards structure of this episode and that's without seeing #BGIV in action.

This episode, so far, feels very fulfilling. Even though I've not played much, I already feel as though there might be enough in this episode to keep me playing for the full duration it takes you guys to complete Episode 28.

From the vast amount of feats, to the grindy aspects of making mods. Lots to collect, lots to achieve and that's before even considering the vendor gear, elite gear, omnipotence items and "other" items.

One thing I'd like to talk about though is the Base Items vendor. What a great idea and I'm glad it's finally made it into the game.

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, here's a demonstration of how it works and the sort of things you can get in it:

The only issue I really have with this feature is that it doesn't include any base items from the Episode at all. I'd love it if in addition to the existing items, you could purchase a special Amazon Fury 3 base items box that had some of the base items in.

I think this would encourage me to participate in using the vendor more frequently, because many of the items I've found in the base item boxes I've opened have been common ones that aren't really worth spending marks on.

Please consider it, as it'd be great to see this repeated in future episodes, with the same base item packs, but then additional, exclusive episode-centric packs for each specific episode. It'll come in especially handy when the base items are modular and one of each just won't do.

Also, could you possibly add Tall Moderne Light to the loot tables of the current base item packs? I love those things but they're so hard to get and I don't think they're attached to an episode.
    • Like x 2
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah I'm not sure I'm convinced about those quantities, that's a lot of complex materials and other materials in general...

I get the grind and I'm generally very supportive of grinding, but I'm not quite sure this is balanced... we'll be changing this gear every 3 months right and on top of this many good players dual role and then there's alts as well..

the crafting amounts seem excessive and particularly prohibitive towards dual role and maintaing top quality alts.
    • Like x 10
  5. spack2k Steadfast Player

yeah the materials for crafting seems to much for playing more characters and dual roles.

Also my comment on the new way to obtain OP item ,i will post this once again here :

Mepps said:
    “It works like a set bonus, so you need to be wearing the set of vendor/elite gear to be able to get the OP collection items to drop.”

Players will get punished if they need to switch to second role if group need to compensate for a fallen mate, most will rather decide to wipe the group than to switch role if not full set in second armory imprinted !

This will discourage alot of players to run as their second role and as we know most are dpsing, it will be even harder to get support roles than it is today !

The already collected OP items from previous episodes cant be used until u have the new ones!
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

So it looks like we can earn 84 coins a week. 20 from the 2 normal raids. Then 1 from the solo, 1 from the duo, 3 from the alert, 3 from the dailies, and 8 from the weekly mission with the dailies. If my math is right that is 84 per week. We dont know the cost of the godfall vendor gear yet but gonna be interesting to see the how long it takes to earn the set w/out replays.

And obviously it would be 104 coins every other week if u completed the 2 elite raids. The coin rewards i listed were what i received on test today from running the content. I didnt run either raid but saw elus vid on his yt channel and it shows 3 coins from 1st boss, 3 from 2nd boss and 4 from the last boss.
    • Like x 2
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

I agree. And like i said already in another post, i wonder why its needed. Why do we need new mods atm? Why do we need new crafting materials atm? What purpose does this serve other then add grind? When we will already have a grind with the new vendor gear. And 100 point feats which=1sp for salvaging 300 times? Thats how ya get the monstorous essence mats. And there is feats for iirc 30 then 100 then 300 of them and 300 is a 100 point feat.

There are other feats just like that too for grinding new materials. I saw someone say 17 days to make 1 mod w/out replays. And there is a 100 point feat for crafting 10 mods iirc. Not sure if the 17 days is right, havent done the math, but seems long imo. We are basically in the middle of t8 so idky this is needed. Really interested to hear the explanation on this stuff.

Also like some have already stated it sure seems like playing alts and maybe even going the dual role route will be extremely grindy. Im gonna do more testing to see. But it seems that way. And i play quite a few toons. Wont be happy if i have to retire 2-5 toons. I spent a lot of $ unlocking sp and buying armories. I wasnt happy with what gu47 did to sp. I felt duped somewhat with the sp unlocking.

If something similar happens with this and it makes me feel the same way i wont be happy at all. But its been on there 1 day so far. Im ofc willing to hear what the dev team has to say about all of it b4 i judge it.
    • Like x 2
  8. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

Now that mods crafting is attached to episode feats I wonder are all crafting parts reachable by premiums i.e. cost no more than 2k cash?
    • Like x 1
  9. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

there's only one issue i see with that" if you look in the feats you get a lot of feats from the Amazon fury 3 Base items, so i think buying them out of the vendor is out of the question while feats are attach to it.
  10. Not him Well-Known Player

I don't like the layer of RNG above a grindy work of breaking armor and stuff once again,plus I highly doubt that you can't fetch OP collections if you don't have elite pieces in,imagine doing this two years later still chasing after that lousy collection piece and being forced to use elite vendor set instead of getting in with trash drops from last two dlcs and steamroll everything hoping to fetch that piece and call quits.

Feels like play it now while its hot cause in two months nobody will run it anymore like the trainwreck of past dlcs
  11. Elusian Crowd Control

Enhancer and Purifier should be on the R&D vendor, however they are both not there currently. Forgotten to add?

Older mods say the same. It's an outdated description from the past when modding affected your CR which never got updated yet. See lvl 8 mods for same description who where brought to the game when modding didnt affected cr long time after. Seems all copy-pasta ^^
  12. zor ile Well-Known Player

I derped on my post max item level 162 lol ugh I need to slow down lol
  13. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Crafting becoming so cluttered is going to be annoying to me with the current UI system.
    Simpler system would be better as of right now.
    • Like x 2
  14. YoCuro Active Player

I'm not seeing gear to choose in every loot picker is this correct? (If so I don't like this)
    Are the blue and green gear meant to be the same style? (Both Barbarian)
    I reset the solo yesterday and didn't get the loot picker option but still received the Marks/Coins at the end.
    Resetting the duo gave me the loot picker and correct Marks/Coins
    Is there a formula to guesstimate what a piece of gear is going to attune to before clicking on it? (that you are willing to share)
  15. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Dat Athena statue tho. :)
  16. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Modding is already a pain for alts, just saying.
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

This information is actually outdated. You no longer need to actually be wearing a full set in order to receive the collections. They changed it so that you just need to have unlocked a feat (Divine Favor) which works like a style feat in that you just have to wear a full set of normal or elite gear (or a mix of the two) in order to unlock the feat. Once the feat has popped you can wear whatever you want and be eligible for the collections to drop. A MOST welcome change as, like you said, the way they originally had it discouraged people from playing their second role.

Oh and when I say a full set I just mean the main 8 pieces, not neck and rings etc.
    • Like x 6
  18. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

The nest base item would be cooler if we had an actual pet harpy base item. I guess you could try to dress like a harpy but the harpy style is incomplete. The hands (wings and the chest) would be needed to fully recreate a harpy style on a player character. Believe me I have tried before..

Towards the end of the video I zoom in close. I believe I was wearing the isis glove style for the hands.
  19. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

There is a smaller version of Athena's statue as well.
  20. spord Developer

The R&D vendor will be updated to include the new R&D parts/components around the same time as the new vendor comes online which will also sell them. Also, a fix is finally incoming for the tooltip of the mods.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.