Elite Plus Change Idea

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FluffyCloud99, Apr 5, 2024.

1. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Here is the list of things i would do with Elite Plus:
    - Remove them
    - Grant all players feats from them and compensate those who already have elite+ feats with rewards ingame depending on how many SP they aquired from said feats

i.e 1SP = 1k artifact xp, 1k ally xp. and so on.

Instead, use the development time from elite plus to continuously add to an ever evolving instance of powerful bosses.

Idea
    You are in an 1 room arena. Similar to all the Survival modes that have been done in the past.
    The goal is to survive while testing your knowledge of mechanics of the newer bosses.
    This will take place instead of the Elite+ content that is dropped after a dlc launch.
    This is not a replacement for elite+ as i know elite+ shares loot locks with normal and elite.
    Instead, this will be added later into the dlc lifespan and be used as a sort of test of knowledge and an additional way to generate tokens for alt roles and/or rewards via the vendor.

Gameplay Loop
    You are thrown into a waiting room where you are able to pick the rounds you desire.
    You will choose the DLC you wish to run. If you beat it, you go back to the start room.
    If the DLC you selected is out of relevancy, your bosses will be scaled +25cr than what they would appear in tier6 content.
    Each boss killed will grant episode specific items/currencies. More than a usual boss kill to drive up the value of running this content. I.e. More catalysts, op infusing materials, exobytes. (depending on episode relevancy)

Rewards:New Unique currency to spend on new unique stuff. (Only droppable on the latest bosses added i.e the more relevant DLCS)
    Episode related currency (1-2 per boss depending on how many bosses are brought through)
    Commendations
    Vendor items at a low chance (Think materials, styles, etc)
    Catalysts
    Exobytes
    Episode CR relevant armour (Omnibus style)
    Defeat all bosses and earn a title and an exclusive style item with the theme of that DLC: e.g. completing Dark knights bosses grants a death metal iconic style like superman/ww/lex/circe etc.
    Completing an entire DLC of bosses grants a 0 star feat that allows you to claim base items/league hall items to show accomplishment

With this idea, it gives stronger players the feeling of always wanting to achieve higher feats in the game without having Elite+ taken from them.
    It will still test the groups and instead of increasing the gap between players who dont run elite+ and cant get the feats, it will instead distance the players through titles, unique pets/henchmen and other vanity items that also can be sold from vendors as a pity reward if you are unable to do certain bosses.
  2. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I like the ideas but DC Universe Online has made a fortune off of playing in the same box for so long. I don't think it knows how to think outside the box.
    Elite plus is fine the way it is in fact the only problem with Elite Plus is zero progression. there are no Elite plus gear to grind. In Elite Plus the feats don't really mean anything to know one if there is such a low skill point tree cap 370 is extremely low and by capping the skill point tree you lose player retention for those who have too many skill points to even bother with wanting more. you leave us no reason to want to go into Elite or Elite plus for feats because of the skill tree cap or Elite plus because you do not add Elite plus gear to the game. By capping the skill tree you lose player retention it's as simple as that people want to feel progression when they worked hard for those skill points
  3. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Would like to also point out you said elite and elite+ is a complete waste of time. Why are you saying they are fine as they are? In the other thread you have repeatedly said they are a waste of development time, so i cannot see the point of why you have said "They are fine the way they are"
    As seen here.
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I have zero need for artifact xp and am generally able to farm/obtain (including destiny tokens, loyalty points and stabilizers for the TCs that drop favor) enough ally favor to max out new allies I want upon their release. Worst case I can only get them to 9 on day 1 and 10 comes a few weeks later.

It's one thing to suggest moving on and ending the E+ era. But deleting it and granting feats?!? No chance in hell the devs would do that.

As for the rest, sounds like a modified survival mode. I'm definitely down to explore how SM can be made much better.
    • Like x 1
  5. Korlick Loyal Player

Sounds like a lot more work than what it is now with E+ raids.
  6. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Going to respond to this part of the OP seperately.

Strongly disagree with this idea. While I do think for older Elite Plus instances there could be a way of merging Elite and Elite Plus while keeping the feats intact (or alternatively adding rare drops with feats attached to ROEE+, NUE+, FFE S5, SDE S5, and TTE+), granting all players all elite plus feats that they don't have already is just a ridiculous idea and trivialises getting feats at all.

On the flip side there is an issue with the lack of players playing old elite plus content from previous episodes, but I don't think granting all elite plus feats to all players who either didn't do them (or did and didn't get the feats) is the solution.

'Compensating' players who have the feats already makes no sense.
  7. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Some of these ideas I do like. I do think DCUO needs to do a better job at teaching players the mechanics of the game, such as not limiting mechanic names to the combat log, and ensuring all mechanics in the fight are visible in some form (by name) onscreen. There were some efforts with this with some of the feats added to the Town Square Theatre solo, encouraging players to block certain mechanics to meet the criteria to get a feat. But I think more needs to be done and having a game mode that teaches you about room mechanics you may experience in endgame content is a good start.

If there is a way also of adding more difficulty to those mechanics and rewarding players for accomplishing those based on their own skill level and what they have learned then that too is a positive.

Having rare drops in a vendor is also a good idea - we already have this with the Chang Tzu pet vendor for rare pet drops throughout the game.

The only thing I am not sure of it whether this could or should replace Elite Plus, personally I would be leaning towards no. But these are good ideas that I think the game would benefit from for the most part.
  8. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I know what I said. All I'm saying is they're not going to stop Thinking Inside the Box. By them Thinking Inside the Box and never thinking outside the box they will never hold player retention. Holding player retention is player progression and there is none of that with a skill tree cap as low as 370. players have 800 plus skill points, those players can take years off the game due to the low sp tree cap. Then you have the stat revamp clamp which clamps base stats which is already a massive effect to player retention. If they want to regain player retention they must think outside the box. Take the skill tree cap away indefinitely and put elite plus gear in the game including Elite plus weapons face necklace rings utility belt and trinket. There is hardly any player retention at the elite level let alone Elite Plus. the reason being is it can be beat with an experienced group it has nothing to do with ur stats because of the clamp and the skill tree cap
  9. Tarn Level 30

Stoped reading afrer that.
    Whole reason why there is 4 versions (event, normal, elite, elite+) of raids is because all crybabies that instead of work on their performance doing nothing beside cry to lower the bar because its too hard for them.
    Years ago there was only 1 version of raids, and you needed to know mechanics and performe well to finish it.
    Now we have for example regular CT raid where i solo healed all 3 booses without tank in first weak because stat clamp players with high sp can stack on health and its easy to heal them with decent premade group.
    In 2 years (if somehow this game still be online for that long) there will be elite++ and later elite+++ just to stop river of tears?
    Like for me, it should be 2 versions:
    - hard regular , which you will finish only if you will know mechanics and work a bit, not like today when you can barely do nothing and you will finish anyway
    - elite - painfull hardcore version, which will force players to tell their partner/kids that they will not be aviable for few hours at least.

When you lower the bar over and over again, so you can feel good in your eyes, dont change fact that bar somday will be at the bottom, with players performance...
    • Like x 2
  10. Chilontius Level 30

I'd agree with this if swapping gear / clipping was removed.
  11. BathroomPapi Level 30

Unpopular opinion: this game isn’t about skill, it’s about being superheroes and challenged. Elite + was an attempt to appeal to less than one percent of the gamers
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Feats with points should never have been attached to Elite+. They specifically stated they implemented E+ for the players that wanted extra challenge, not tied to "progression". The feats should have just been like Survival Mode, with titles/clout items mailed, not with stat points. So, naturally, I approve of any change suggestion whatsoever.
    • Like x 3
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Titles and clout items hold no value for many players, myself included. They're just one more line of text in already-too-long lists of styles and titles that won't get used.

I've always seen the "shouldn't be tied to progression" argument as thin. It really only applies to players who have every non-E+ feat in the game and have a "completionist" mentality. If one doesn't have all or most of the non-E+ feats then there is plenty of progression available to still work towards. If one does have all the non-E+ feats but isn't a completionist, then they have more than enough sp and what's missing would barely be noticeable if noticeable at all in combat.
    • Like x 1
  14. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Tying E+ with high feat point feats only further increases the power of the top 1%. The top 1% will then have more powerful artifact effects due to the stats they have in which then the new raids will be balanced accordingly to their power. Look at the new elite Alert. The health pools are INSANE. Takes 3 top tier dps at least like 10 mins to defeat a boss in which an alert should be 1 of each role or 2dps, 1tank 1 healer.

Elite+ was made to be a test of strength. not progression
    • Like x 1
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The difference between 800sp and 850sp is next to nothing. Even then, it's really only tanks that can benefit from that teeny-weeny, itsy-bitsy, minuscule sliver of statistical improvement as they're the only role that benefits from four stats.
    • Like x 1
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Sooo, then why do the feats need the stat points attached?
    • Like x 2
  17. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Tanks having full Dominance and Health is a good thing mostly and then if they could put extra into Might/Precision so they could help with burn too. Also depending on the Power some might drop a little into Restoration too. Honestly Tanks and Trolls seem to be the roles that benefit from more stats the most it seems.
  18. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Around 40% of shield strength comes from resto so it benefits every tank power. It should definitely be prioritized over damage stats unless we’re talking battletank builds.
    • Like x 1
  19. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Why not? Outside of power creep I can’t see a downside to more feats and sp being available for players to obtain.
  20. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

*for the top 1% who dont need the feats/sp since it has so little benefits like you said
    Again, your point is redundant because you yourself said there is so very little point of having excessive SP for most of the 1% to be a dps/healer. Tanks are rare, Controllers are rare-ish due to everyone wanting full max buff troll
    • Like x 2