El famoso "Define an elite player" Tired of that so here you go

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NotMeMaybe, Sep 17, 2021.

1. NotMeMaybe Active Player

I and many players are getting sick of reading the same critics about elite Raid players, the same assumptions, the same bs like:

-If it's too Ez just remove your gear and your artefacts and stop crying. Pathetic statement and doesn't make any sense.
    -He wants to feel like he is super duper elite and we are all bad
    -He wants other players to do not get elite gear aswell
    -Instead of bragging help other players ( YOU DONT HELP other inexperienced players in elite you have to know what you are doing already including arts to use, white mods, builds, your role, positionning etc)

YOU HAVE to ACCEPT to die 50 times or even 100 times on a boss (it already hapenned in the past), die and die over until you figure out what kills you when to pull adds whdre to kill the boss when yo use your biggest buffs trinkets, shields supercharges etc. THIS is not happening now since raids aren't challenging for geared and experienced players, so is that hard to understand that ELITE needs to be hard?

YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND elite raid players are struggling more than you in raids and in elite content, ? Why?? Because it's them figuring the mechanics when new Raids come out, and if they fail over and over instead of crying in the forum "Ouin Ouin it's too hard, cheezy one shots, bosses are too strong,etc They (we) will try over and over until we do better Learn how the game work and accept to learn mechanicd or stop complaining.

Noone is carrying those players in the hardest things, they have to learn themself.

So if you don't accept everything above then stick to normal content and let other ppl enjoy the difficulty, if it's too hard for you to use your IQ and to use all the tools the game has to offer you to complete the Raids or Raid feats then don't play them and stop to be selfish by asking elite content to be nerfed.

THIS is not FUN to finish a Raid with no sense of difficulty, no communication required, no pressure at all on the support, and weak bosses rhat you kill in 2 minutes, if you want to smash buttons and cosplay as superman stay in normal raids.

Good luck have fun, the game was10 times harder than now when it launched and noone was crying on the forum. There needd to be content for everyone and right now you have 100,% of the game in normal difficulty, but many many elite content i'snt elite at all.

Here simply what is an elite player, not a crybaby but someone that will do something CALLLED effort GL HF people are sick of your crying, there needs to be difficulties for everyone rocket science ??????????
    • Like x 2
  2. Great Architect Loyal Player

Elite Players are the ones lucky enough to have a League or group of friends that will accept 50-100 wipes before they finish a piece of content? That's an incredibly small proportion of the player base. I understand that Elite should be Elite, but the players that surpass that bracket (and I assume you to be one of them, from your comments) aren't really in a large enough majority to tailor content to them alone. I'm not sure what can be done. Do you have any suggestions? Possibly a "Nightmare" difficulty?
  3. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

[IMG]
    remove your Skill points too. ya know skill.... points.... from buying styles from a vendor and KO'n npcs 500 times or whatever they've added over the MANY years. It's ironic, to name it *skill* anything. It's a grocery list, and sometimes KO NPC under certain conditions... or alt head style.... etc.
    For some users this mmo might feel more like a mmo when they are zerging the WV or Long live the Legion bounties. That was a dev chance made to offer variation of content. It's not normal. They're always striving to establish normal based on prior content creators having made stuff. New owners/execs every few years it seems, some new hires, some depart, etc
  4. zNot Loyal Player

They will most likely do the 5 stages of difficulty in Elite again like in flashpoint dlc, This time hopefully with higher scaling per stage and more difficulty overall.

I really like the name „Nightmare“ for the last stage of Elite difficulty also „Hell“ would be nice instead of „Critical“ what we had last time.
  5. Great Architect Loyal Player

I stole that from the OG Doom, where on the "Nightmare" difficulty everything you had killed respawned after a short while, so unless you kept moving and were fast in your kills you'd get dogpiled.
  6. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

If you beat something difficult, good for you. Now go and help others rather than being pricks about it being too easy. Just cause you beat it doesn’t mean it’s not difficult, hence ‘difficult’ being subjective.
    • Like x 4
  7. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Explain why this isn't true:

Dimensional Ink benefits most from hardcore players who enter the game, spend money to catch up, spend more to top charts, spend even more to top elite charts, then having "beaten the game" -- move on.

See, you're suggesting that somehow it benefits Dimensional to retain these players through spending however many hours developing new content just to challenge them -- when they've already spent their money to max everything. If those people stick around cool, but they're not going to continue to make ongoing purchases at nearly the rate of their initial investments.

Now, on the other hand Dimensional can concentrate on pleasing and retaining the players that continually re-invest into the game's biggest long-term revenue stream, styles. That includes everything from Time Capsules, to the new Manor Lair.

So the most efficient goals for DI as a business would be to draw in hardcores, milk them for cash, and then drive them away, since they're done spending. While simultaneously drip-feeding the continuing collectors, who won't ever drop $200 on an artifact, but will repeatedly spend $50 on time capsules and often $500+ on booster bundles and other rare collectibles.

That's why all the "hardest" DLCs have been business flops, and why these threads never go anywhere.
    • Like x 4
  8. zNot Loyal Player

what you say is alot of assuming and nonsense.. which DLCs exactly were part of the „failure“ that were hard? As a reminder the episodes that had the highest votes (the top 3) had very high difficulty Elite raids the one that won the episode bracket list had before it got nerfed the hardest raid/s the community wants this and your assumption are wrong its again a average player having problems with Elite players wanting a challenge (which is normal in mmo but the average dc player seems to have some toxic jealousy to player who are skilled at the game)

Alot of average players spend barely anything alot of the whales in dc are part OR affiliated with Endgame players. Mostly its the endgame players who buy the new augments.

Alot of the players who buy capsuls are again endgame players who want SP,nearly all of those high SP players do elite content.

The amount of influence and importance the endgame community has is somethin i think you underrate because it benefits your own to talk nonsense about elite content players

I know rich players who quit because the game was too easy (elite raids) but i bet my account they lose more money from easy elite raids then they gain if we consider the amount who quit or taking a break due to easy elite raids.
  9. BumblingB I got better.

This isn't an explanation on what an elite player is, but what you find "fun" in this game. Which is your subjective view and does not encapsulate the whole.

It is a game where you have to interact with other players and you have to face the fact that you are the minority when it comes to how you see the game.

It's like politics, a group of people shout about a topic, rally other people, then when it goes to vote, they lose by a huge margin, to the point only really the ones that rallied with them see it that way and voted for it. Most voted against it.

Elite content is still in the game because the devs see that it has a market, but it's possible that that market may not be you specifically. Who knows, only the devs do.
    • Like x 3
  10. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Having run the Batman Save The Universe 'Elites', I am failing to understand what makes them elite besides rewards and having (Elite) on the title.

Iceberg Lounge I don't notice much at all. The Pengbot hits a little harder, but I would still say its on the easy side. Penguin the same as he has always been, just dodge the bombs but then that was the case in the original solo.

Inner Sanctum - besides having to kite first boss as tank as it hits hard at melee/midrange, again I don't understand what makes it elite. Stay max range and you are pretty much good. The second and last boss have incredibly squishy health, and the adds have fairly squishy health as well. There is no balance in terms of what health pool enemies should have. You can still die from Brother Eyes spinning if you stand too close for too long - but Tumbling Master foot mod should come in handy for that.

I would definitely say that health pools need to be looked into for enemies, as they are far too short. Even with different phases if we are expecting health pools for enemies like we get in ISe then raids will become incredibly short.

I do think there should be better tutorials for newer players on how to go about certain mechanics, as there is a lack of anything like this in DCUO. Though that would require the devs to play the game themselves and be very competent DCUO players.
  11. EconoKnight XIII Legion

How many of them are spending real money, though? There are untold amounts of “hardcore” players that have massive stores of glitched / duped replay badges, stabilizers, in-game cash, seals, etc. The devs did not get all of these people or stop them. They have been on this very forum in the past bragging about how the devs will never find every glitch and loophole they use (the last time I remember seeing those brags was when the in-game cash dupe was somewhat addressed).

Is this all elite players? No. But they are going to be people at the top always using every exploit and glitch they can find to be at the top. These people don’t financially support the game at all beyond (I guess) a membership.
  12. zNot Loyal Player

I know a league who was small with like 15 wealthy players who bought hundreds of pounds worth of Capsuls (not even counting the other stuffs they bought augments,artifacts) should easy by a few thousand pounds combining them all since they play together and left together,they all quit eventually 1 episode after due to low difficulty of elite raids (they in the first place only returned because we had a difficult elite raid but as i said they quit only after the next episode and they have not returned yet)

Fast forward i met a very rich guy who returned after a long time,he spend a absurd amount of money talking 4 digits per month same reason he quit due to low difficulty and other endgame players quitting aswell made him quit too, see the type of quality players dcuo is losing? Good luck replacing those back.

And another wealthy player quit who would reset for free to friends and maxxed everything augments,artifacts with money alot of those have quit dc and probably way more from other servers and my server that i dont know personally and i dont know that many elite players not even on my server so imagine how many have similar stories there are like this.
  13. EconoKnight XIII Legion

The devs should be able to see how much people are spending, and I think they would notice the kind of massive drop in revenue you’re claiming.

I really don’t think they closely look at it by individual, though. I doubt they know who spends what or what those players are interested in. The devs are looking at how many people run a piece of content and completion rates. They’re looking at x-amount of stabilizers / time caps being sold overall. Just a general view that doesn’t give the full picture.
  14. zNot Loyal Player

I know they cant see it thats why its frustrating for me when players claim that elite players are this and that without any proof not even the devs can analyze it to 100% in detail since they dont know why they quit. Im just sharing what i experienced and im sure others have had similar stories to tell.

You can see the amount of players that complain about underwhelming Elite raid difficulty aswell as design and these are people that are usually not on the forums that already speaks volume most players end up quitting instead of giving feedback here.
  15. OnlyNomad The One Above All

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

It sure does. Evidently those elite players need to see that gif you posted.
    • Like x 1
  17. NotMeMaybe Active Player

What are you even talking about it doesn't make any sense atall. I started thid game the very first hour it came out in january 2011,i still spend money and have spent more than 2k dollars total.

So you're telling if someone is maxed out on his char Devs should't even care anymore for these players and don't make content that can challenge thede long time customers?

Lol my guy Perfect example of a very selfish player.

Milk as much as possible the players and get rid of them is exactly what you're saying rn, can't believe i read that just move on from this forum already.
    • Like x 1
  18. NotMeMaybe Active Player

Do you have numbers? No you have nothing Nada, we are not a minority, a ton of players and a ton of leagues are running elite raids only everyday, and running hard feats.

So stop with your "minority thing" its not because you don't know these leagues or players that they are not here.
  19. BumblingB I got better.

Believe what you want, because at this point, it just looks like you are shouting at the sea. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  20. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

LOL, this isn't my view or preference, it's business. Explain to me why I'm wrong. And I'm not your girl. See, selfish players are those that want the devs to focus solely on one aspect of the game. That's not me, it's you. The hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness is astounding, not to mention your seeming total lack of the ability to perceive irony in your own statements.

$2000 over a period of years is nothing. Less than a drop in an ocean. Collector's spend that each time a booster bundle comes out. Financially the make it harder crowd is the tiniest and least effectual section of the community as they have the least ongoing leverage.

Neither one of us has to like it, but there it is.
    • Like x 1