Economy Actions Taken Today

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OanArcher New Player

So does the Tax also effect players who are not currently full-access? For Example, I don't play as much as I used to (time and money constraints) so I don't pay for membership anymore, which means I am subject to the cash cap and could not have made any gain even if I had known about the exploit and been willing to cheat; So when/if I become full member again and/or make a purchase that would fall into the tax bracket, would I still be subject to it???
  2. MC GreenLantern Active Player

It was a one time tax that was taken out yesterday.
  3. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Lol...im still amazed that people are upset over losing video game money so much; that we are on the 15th page of this! People want to apply real world economics for a video game, where the money is literally 1s and 0s! My only complaint is that this (yesterday’s actions) doesnt fix the ridiculous broker prices! In an hr after the game is up..check and see how many people will have earned the feat for the new op item simply because they will have bought all the extremely rare hardly dropping monitor energy! Then will re-list the unused ones on the broker at insane prices so no one else can purchase them!
    • Like x 1
  4. Laramie New Player

So nothing is gonna be done to the broker itself then? We're just gonna log back on into them game with the broker once again filled with endless pages of items for 999,999,999 AGAIN?? That honestly sucks tbh, i guess i still wont be finishing some of these collections i have *longest sigh ever*
  5. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

So we spend money on time capsules, barely get any of the good rare drops and here you are complaining about drops in a different manner yet still think most of us have no right to be upset? HMMMM I recall a saying that involves a pot and a kettle.
  6. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

Not entirely, the double-digit trillions don't exist anymore for some to be able to place countless items up for 1 dollar under a bil. Give this some time, things will stabilize.

I'm personally not trading or doing anything with items for a few weeks... unless you have a Neon! WTT Bio for Neon PST!
  7. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

i spent $200 on tcs looking for a damn neon (which i have yet to get)! The lil 300 mill i have was from those 200 tcs...what is your argument about on my post?
  8. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

No problem I just find it slightly hypocritical in regards to a sense of irony.

Doesn't fix the drop rate on those capsules either. So you find it funny people are upset losing in-game money yet here you are spending irl money on time capsules for an in-game item and/or other items you would end up selling for in-game money... if you don't see the issue there I won't be able explain it further. I'm upwards of $100 on multiverse capsules... I cut myself short because I planned to just buy Neon outright or trade for it until things went ape shiskey crazy.
  9. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

None of us know what the effect of the actions will be. The broker prices could be astronomical again. However, if they do then I suggest 1 thing. Don't buy. Do we need every collection? Not really. Wait for someone to buck the trend and post it lower. If the drop rates for TC is not to your liking. Don't buy them. You are not required to. Keep being a smart broker user and only buy lower. If you are selling something on the broker then sell it lower and buck the trend of the gougers. I do this often. I will post a group of items to push to a lower price after doing my collection runs.
  10. The Con Dedicated Player

This is easier said than done...

That said...
    One of my last actions before the broker went down was to sell a neon material... even tho I knew I could trade it for muuuuuuuch more...

It just seemed way too wrong...

And it turned out that I might have been right:
    While I lost a lot in the Tax Penalty.. If I had made that kind of money... I might have lost it all....
  11. Hraesvelg Always Right

Getting the maximum profit for your item isn't "gouging", it's playing smart. Next you'll say some DPSers are doing "too much damage" just because they know the mechanics and use them correctly. I don't really think this is the case here, BUT if I were a reseller, trying to encourage others to put items up for much lower prices so I could flip them easier sounds like a pretty solid market manipulation tactic, LOL.

[IMG]
  12. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

Nope,
    I don't do that. I play the game to play not day trade.
  13. Helping101 New Player

Mepps Some players are Laughing obsidian chill discord chat that They got away with only 90 day suspended.
  14. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Still waiting for an answer. I had a topic where I was working on a trade for my Red Obsidian Material, and then that forum was shutdown.
  15. sheriffgoff Level 30

Hello mepps, is the ability to mail money going to come back. i have money on all 17 of my tunes and would like to consolidate it as to make bigger purchases. thanks for any news on this issue.
  16. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Monitor energy was a whole two pages at 50 mill each...now nothing! Just as i said!!
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It is expected to, yes, but not right away.
    • Like x 1
  18. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Is the broker up yet
  19. GizmoduckX3 New Player

I just cant get over the fact we're being taxed in a videogame, and they call me mad!!!!
  20. The Anxient Loyal Player

Yes
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.