Earth needs Fixed NOW!(Proof included)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by AIpha, May 21, 2013.

1. AIpha New Player

movement powers used to grant 2 def/dom because that was the original buff for Earth and they nerfed that right after it came out.
  2. Mini Lini Loyal Player

3 if you count Totem which most Brick users, use.

Like you said, if we transfer more damage to Brick with his current HP it would not go well.. I actually like the idea of the initial cast of power to go to 50% Absorption and then get to 75% either via Aftershocks or Damage Shift. It sounds like a lot but it really isn't considering that we don't have a large amount of shields or self-heals to soften the blow. Absorption is all...

Gemstone takes the absorption up some but not for long, and with a 20-23(?) second cooldown, it's not something that will be up indefinitely.
  3. Neptune New Player

Agree with this, that shield should have lower CoolDown because its the only shield earth has. Plus it hard to get full 4 stone cos of the knockback, stunt, pull, etc, from adds.
  4. Neptune New Player

Yes, you come out with the solution. This will help Brick to last logger because we already take less damage using DamageAbsorb. BUT first of all, our Brick partner should get additional HP, def & toughness. Plus please make brick block when we block to. Or make it auto-block when he receive huge damage. We can make this (Damage-transfer & Damage-absorb) mechanic work as 1. This will bring earth tanking to the whole new level and bring new play-style to the earth tanking. Hope dev read this thread before do the earth revamp.
  5. FrostyMagma New Player

not sure but that will make earth superior above all. I been expirementing with this earth and it is pretty good, A big killer i have noticed is the cast times for aftershock abilities, can get killed during those cast times, I did a full tank build with my toon yesterday and ran brothers. I concentrated on stacking damage shift/ absorb , with sheilds and blocking and hardley took any damage rival to ice. I did all 3 bosses in the first part ran like normal but concentrated on rotations and stacking damage shift on top of the shield,
    I only took 7k damage during the first part timing and rotation is crutial and those dam cast times are a killer
  6. Neptune New Player

Thats why i say, the both mechanic need to work together. During you cast aftershock, the brick will take the damage from you because your damage-shif always ON all the time. And about superior thing you said about, the brick will always absorb a portion of damage from you when you activate damage-shif Not 50% anymore.
  7. iSimply New Player

Tbh with you I believe earth is just fine. Stop comparing it to other powers and trying to make it a second form of ice. Every Tanking ability has it's own way of mitigating damage. There's nothing wrong with Earth. It doesnt need tons of shields JUST LIKE ICE. Everytime you spoke of earth you mentioned Ice right after. If you want ice like powers SWITCH TO ICE.
    • Like x 1
  8. iSimply New Player

Fire and Ice are comparable to ice as they are all TANK POWERS WITH THEIR OWN STYLE OF MITIGATION. We don't need powers that ARE EXACTLY THE SAME. I'm so sick of people thinking ICE is the be all to end all. I'm a fire tank and i would say i can tank just as good as any ice user and im sure there are earth users that can say the same.
  9. iSimply New Player

Blocking shouldnt be required? You're comparing everything to ice but im pretty sure ice has to block. You think Ice goes into T4 raids and pops a shield and is able to not block? NO. They must block also. "Shouldn't be required to block" gtfoh...
  10. AIpha New Player

the only reason I choose ice to compare earth too is they are essentially the same except ice shields all damage while earth shields only portions but over longer periods of time. It was the easiest to compare to. Also almost every time I said "like ice" I also said fire as well so I wasn't just comparing to fire. If you don't compare to other powers how are supposed to balance. Notice when the devs put balance notes in updates its usually followed by the phrase "to bring in line with other......" that's how you discuss balance. Notice I personabnly have never asked for anything remotely close to what the other tanks have. Never said give me 6 heals or give me a reflect power I merely asked for things I thought would bring earth more inline with the other two. I also have never said earth couldn't make it through raids not once. That's not how you balance. Just because I can finish a raid and ice can finish a raid doesn't mean we are balanced. There are underlying factors to look at and this thread shows one of those.

Also to address your next quote you had of me saying blocking should not be factored in here. I never said you should never block never so don't put words in my mouth. I said it shouldn't be factored in here and even though I said that I addressed that point made by Jeeb showing on fact even when blocking ice has an advantage still. Before you again wuore saying stop trying to be like ice, again ice and earth are the easiest to compare because absorption is merely the same thing as a 50% shield.
  11. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

You did so without taking the reuse of the shields into account.... As it was the shields were only a very minor 200 less damage using pew's example. While earth took a steady damage, ice was taking more per round except through the mitigation of an entire round using reflection.
  12. FrostyMagma New Player

I say he compares earth to ice cause it gets a def buff, But with a 50% mitigation/absorb with good gear and white sockets it takes quite a bit of damage to burn through a shield with that 50% up and blocking. Only thing i see wrong so far is the dam cast times this tank can be serious with its 50% and shielded blocking
  13. toast Well-Known Player

Id like to see aftershocks work like the CC trinket with 4 second cooldown and 2 second activation window between each aftershock after the initial activation.

example using gemstone
    activate first gem, a 4 sec cooldown, 2 sec window to activate a second gem, 4 sec cooldown, 2 sec window to activate third gem, 4 sec cooldown, 2 sec window to activate final gem then a 42 second cooldown.

initial gem absorption would be 50%, adding 5% with each additional gem totaling 65%

punishment for missing any subsequent aftershock activation the full 60 second cooldown is applied.

having longer cooldowns would force you to find a power rotation instead of spamming jackhammer, gemstone and upheaval.
  14. FrostyMagma New Player

use aftershock before the shield
  15. AIpha New Player

more like 5.6k you still never posted the coolsowns of vitterwonds and shatter restraints so as far as im concerned its still 5.6k difference. That was only one example in the vast choices if ways to compare. Everything that's hits you isn't going to hit that hard. Pew used that as the hardest hitting thing currently and it was easy to compare with.
  16. Pew New Player

To be fair in the actual game i only run Bitter Winds and Reflection as shields because they are great AoE aggro powers. I have tried the fotm 5 shield ice loadout and i find it pants (personal opinion). So from a practical standpoint ice shields can't really be the diferentiating overpowered mechanic granted i maintanked both raids to completion.
    I will try to get better insight the next week though trying out all the different tank powersets in the new content.
    • Like x 1
  17. AIpha New Player

Drift explained this but aftershocks and hls does not stack. They are both shields so hls will take full damage not affected by aftershocks. The only shield that does stack with aftershocks is genshield but because it uses the absorption mechanic as well.
  18. AIpha New Player

Appreciate the insight. Just please don't think that because you beat it with all three powers that they are even that is all o ask. I hate seeing that.
  19. FrostyMagma New Player

DAM back to drawing board
  20. Pew New Player

Different powersets will never be even though. The important thing is that they are all capable to fulfill their role.
    • Like x 1