Earth needs Fixed NOW!(Proof included)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by AIpha, May 21, 2013.

1. Longshot Well-Known Player

Earth is fine, you guys have no idea what you are you talking about. I out healed, every hardlight player ,I have ever played with!!!
    • Like x 1
  2. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

You're using 2 shields, that's already been explained, it's not happening. It's 16 vs 16.2 as you can absorb the full first round taking off the 800 that he used. IMO a survivable 5.4k is better than a 7.9k on 2/3 rounds, but it's manageable with good healers apparently.
  3. AIpha New Player

No i am not ! Do you understand his example? Each of those three "swipes is actually a series of three smaller swipes dealing 3.6k damage all of which you can activate a shield in between. So reflect will block the first three swipes completely with 2.1k left to spare meaning the fourth hit will only hit for 1.5k. Then you activate your second shield protecting you from 2.9k damage off the 5th hit. Then another shield protecting you from 2.9k damage off the 6th hit. And finally the last one protecting you from 2.9k off the 7th hit and finally you would take 2 full 3.6k hits. Now the way he laid it out made it seem like it was only three swipes each dealing 10.8k damage which is not the case. Its a series of three triple swipes each dealing 3.6k for a total of 9swipes.
  4. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

The reuses of the shield prevent rotating with 2 shields each time.
  5. AIpha New Player

Not sure what you are saying here but im assuming if reflect is going to be off colldown after the 9ths swipe by the time it comes to reuse the other shields they will be off cooldown too.

You have 4 total shields, reflect,bitterwinds,shatter restraints, and winter ward. I only used those four shields and only cycled to the next after the first had been broken through. There is no "reuses" here.
  6. Black Jaq Devoted Player

i have read and appreciate everything you wrote. The problem I have is with the order of things. If we use AD with Brick, what happens first?
  7. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Actually reflection is one of the faster reuse ones. BW/Reflection are about half the reuse of SR/WW I'd have to look up the actual times, not in game atm.
  8. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

AD first. It's basically like blocking as it directly adds 5000 to Defense and Toughness. Then shields, then Brick.
  9. Neptune New Player

AD first
  10. FrostyMagma New Player

I see the weakness even at it's max. I have tried everything i can think of, this tank is the weakest of the three and their should be something done about it. I tried out all three tanks with the supposed best loadouts and fire and ice are very close but earth is the weakest tank of the three, the defence buff needs to be a lil higher or the damage shift needs to be greater. I vot for a revamp of the tank side of earth as it isn't up to par with other 2
  11. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Thanks! I ran with that combo before of AD and Brick which seems like a valid playstyle for minimizing damage to myself and Brick. Reading the previous posts about pets getting targetted instead of players maybe means new strategies.
  12. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Stack by meaning that Damage Transfer will be added together in a shield's mitigation? How exactly would you test that?
  13. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Sorry. I meant overlap. It doesn't stack in the usual sense where .5 + .5 = 1. More like .5 * .5 = .25. Test Damage Shift with Gemstone Shield with less than 3 after shocks to see what I mean. Gemstone Shield will mitigate damage first before transferring part of that mitigated damage to the Brick. This is also a reason why it's a bad idea to use Telekinetic Shield/Bastion and Reflect Pain at the same time.
  14. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Does the combat log show in order then? I tested and it said a number absorbed by Gemstone and then under that it said a number transferred, per hit. So that is how you mean?
  15. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Combat log gets a bit wonky regarding this at times. Sometimes I see double numbers when it only meant it transferred said amount once. You could check the amount the Brick absorbs instead. With the shield, the Brick absorbs significantly less damage than without.

Another clue should have been the amount they mitigate damage. If they had stacked additively, then Damage Shift + Gemstone Shield with 2 aftershocks (83% absorption) should have blocked all damage (25% + 83% = 108%). However, with the way things are working, it clearly doesn't. So instead, the amount they mitigate is something like 100% - ((100% - 25%) * (100% - 83%)) = 87.25%. This is actually how AIpha got the idea that Damage Shift actually absorbs 43.25% damage as opposed to Jackhammer's 50%.
  16. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Where do you get that extra 25%. Or... That 83% at all. Sorry this math seems a bit weird for me is all so am not getting it. How would you tell that simply by looking at the number? 25% is transferred into Brick.... 25% from any power used gives you another 25% absorption. Two Aftershocks of Gemstone would just increase the "absorption" up to 67% wouldn't it?

If you just look at numbers shown and not the combat log how do you know which the damage is going through first? I was just under the impression that damage done goes through Defense/Toughness, so it is mitigated. Then it goes through absorption, then hits the shield you have up. THEN hits you.
  17. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Damage Shift is just 25% flat. Using a power grants a 25% absorption. Using a Gemstone shield ups that to 50% on initial cast (supposedly). Using the aftershocks will increase that number to 67%, 83% or 100% depending on the number of aftershocks casted. In my example, I used Gemstone Shield with 2 aftershocks or three gemstones total (83%) and Damage Shift (25%). The total amount they mitigate together is 87.25%.

Point where you got confused is the aftershock. Gemstone doesn't have 4 aftershocks. It has 3 aftershocks + initial cast. It only gets confusing because the visuals show up to 4 gemstone shards.

As for the test itself, just watch the amount that the Brick absorbs. Shields will never produce a number on screen (though it will show up in the combat log). If you watch the Brick, you'll realize that once you've started using the shield, the amount being transferred to the Brick reduces, and even more so with more gemstone aftershocks. Once you've used a shield with 100% mitigation, the Brick stops receiving damage from you.
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

If the buff we got using a power went up to 33%, we can get almost 50% from Brick and DS. I know Brick is not supposed to stay alive indefinitely however we don't want to transfer more damage to him. Flip side for Jacks could be the same that 1 aftershock gets you to 50%. It would free Earth tanks to have an either/or build with only 8% extra absorption. Not a lot, I know, but if we are going to eat up minimally 2 slots in our loadout for Brick/DS, it should be worth it. This change would improve Brick but not really the rest of Earth.
  19. Galklife Dragon New Player

Actually, I believe using a movement power (like cyclone push or Low Pressure) used to grant 33% (maybe 31%) damage absorb, up until the devs corrrected it. It also used to give two points of defense for every point of dominance.
  20. AIpha New Player

After testing brick out again in nexus tonight I found that if he would just get off my hip he could survive a lot longer. Make him ranged like crystal and see if that fixes his survivability. He isn't getting killed from the damage transfered to him its when I'm getting hit and he is getting hit by the boss at the same time he dies. It's only happening because he is right up in my grill with me. I know he likes his daddy but man fly little bird fly.
    • Like x 1