Earth needs Fixed NOW!(Proof included)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by AIpha, May 21, 2013.

1. AIpha New Player

So as many of you have probably seen I have been toting around that earth needs fixed but to those that have been waiting for the proof here it is: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvDnoFKgS5_QdE40bUVtZ3ZRY2Q3UzV3cnByaHdpeGc&usp=sharing

What that shows is that when compared to ice we MUST use jackhammer, upheaval or damage shift to brick/crystal to break even with Ice mitigation wise. Whats behind the scenes here is that this is ONLY when the Earth tank has modded all of his T5 gear with Dom V mods and speced all dom and defense. What this also doesn't show is that Ice has 4 shields to rotate while Earth only has 1. Mind you the 50% for Earth is supposed to be like fire heals or Ice shields. Its not a mandatory thing and shouldn't be because its not mandatory for Ice or Fire to use their shields or heals.

So what needs to be done? Well for starters its obvious that the innate buff for Earth of Dom added to defense and 25% absorption is not enough. That needs to be boosted to 50% absorption from any power. That will make the base Earth tank equal to the base Ice tank after hitting powers.

Now how do we make extra absorption the same as ice shields or fire heals. Well simple really, gemshield needs to refresh its cap at each aftershock for one. Also, we still should get bonuses from using aftershocks and we should have more powers that do it. Ice has 4 shielding powers in its trees and Fire has 6 or 7 healing powers so why does earth only have 3 powers that do its afterhshock mechanic? To fix this add aftershocks to epicenter. Why? Well epicenter right now is equivalent to backdraft from fire in range but backdraft heals the tank and is uwc so epicenter should be equally as good. Giving it aftershocks would help with that.

Also, aftershocks should add another 25% absorption to the Earth tank. To make sure damage shift is not abused for a constant 75% the damage shift to the pet will run out every 12 secs but to make up for the nerf to damage shift it will now have a secondary effect. Whenever damage shift is used it shields you and your pet for Dom + Resto.

Devs if you read this PLEASE do not wait for our revamp to do this. This is something that is serious enough to be in the next update or hotfix. Please, please, please don't wait till our revamp to fix this.
    • Like x 41
  2. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

change the permissions on the link to anyone with the link, i know you probably just got excited and forgot lol
  3. Itazuki New Player

It does need to be fixed. 50% on first cast would help.

Brick needs a blocking mechanic in my opinion.
  4. AIpha New Player

Thanks, lol I did get excited.
  5. Lacedog Loyal Player

Something...anything
  6. Van L Level 30

I still think that this is too much (50% absorption +25% more after 1 aftershock) ,how about 33% absorption +33% more from 1 aftershock for a total of 66% damage absorption? with a few more smalls fixes (gemstone shield need an improvement,reduce the cooldown of unstoppable ,to name something).
  7. Lacedog Loyal Player

75% would be high if you stack defense/dominance. But it should definitely be right to 50% with any power. Maybe with aftershocks you get additional absorption scaled from your dom. Alpha and I disscused this in the earth guide. Aftershocks or pet tanking should be beneficial instead of a hindrance.
  8. AIpha New Player

no because still even just hitting a power we are not equal to ice. It has to be 50% from powers to be equal. You are forgeting we don't having shields to cycle like ice infact we only have 1 shield thats it so we need something that puts us over the ice mitigation if we aren't getting 10k damage shields. if you do the math 75% puts us at around an effective mitigation of 88% with 1 maybe 2 shields as opposed to ice with 75% mitigation and 4-5 shields. Not too much at all.

Edit: Your also not factoring in that this is like I said using ALL Dom V plans in T5 gear and specing all the dom. Ice only needs to spec all the defense. So Earth is having to go above and beyond just to be equal in stats and then Ice has the advantage over us because of the shields. Also don't take this as a nerf ice thread. This is a buff Earth thread.
    • Like x 1
  9. AIpha New Player

75% isn't too high, its only 88% effective mitigation.
  10. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Not many green name replies today so hopefully they get to see this...
  11. Lacedog Loyal Player

Yeah I agree. If we could get 75% with aftershocks that would be great and I wouldn't complain.
  12. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Is blocking factored in here? would be neat to see another column with that.
    • Like x 1
  13. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Good luck... They don't like Earth lol
  14. Lacedog Loyal Player

Blocking doesn't really matter when you have to stop blocking, hit jackhammer, then aftershock it all before going back to blocking. The way ice is now is perfect for tanking. Let go of block, hit a shield that mitigates at least 2k damage, and if you want to go on back to blocking. Fire and earth should be comparable to ice, instead of at a disadvantage. And with that said, fixes should be added to earth and fire, instead of changing anything about ice.
    • Like x 1
  15. Tank New Player

SO DEF is not capped but the damage mitigated from it is capped at 75%. That make your numbers misleading. Also if you where to put absorption to 75% that would Be SOOO op. You would need ZERO DEF to be at the same mitigation cap ice could ever get to. Right now Earth is the only class that can get over the 75% mitigation cap because of absorption..
    Your Chart really looks like

Ice Earth
    Armor Piercing Effective Mitigation Effective Mitigation(w/50%absorp.)
    0.25 Capped at 75% 88
    0.3 Capped at 75% 85
    0.35 Capped at 75% 83
    0.4 Capped at 75% 80
    0.45 Capped at 75% 78
    0.5 Capped at 75% 75

Earth looks better using your numbers.
    -Omega
    • Like x 3
  16. Lacedog Loyal Player

Don't read much, Omega?
  17. AIpha New Player

you can see that in my guide i've already posted that. Blocking shouldn't be factored because you shouldn't be required to block.
  18. AIpha New Player

THe armor piercing of T5 is .5 or 50% so thats what should be looked at. Everyone is overgeared for anything under 50% penetration.

Again why is everyone assuming and comparing using the 50% absorption for Earth you do know that is not our buff our buff is the 25% absorption. The 50% is supposed to be liek fire heals or ice shields so what that shows is that when we use our 50% or the equivalent of ice using shields or fire using heals that is the only point at which we are equal to ice. Any other time we are worse...... much worse.
    • Like x 2
  19. Lacedog Loyal Player

Exactly. I hope someone on the devs sees that and understands that. Right now, earth is like as if you were ice tanking without using any of their shields. No reflect, nothing. Imagine that. Oh and only either shatter restraints or winter ward. Can't use both.
    • Like x 1
  20. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

See I don't agree with that but /shrug. Required no, but it is a factor. Even as Ice I'm blocking in these t5 raids, ever little bit helps and with the mod I get an extra 5% out of it.

Still totally agree ont he functionality of earth, and on SC, just the comparisons I think it's unfair to completely ignore block, just as it'd be unfair to only compare blocked.