Earth, gemstone shield bugged

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by chaoticreign, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Lacedog Loyal Player

yup, this too. but what im saying is it doesnt even do that when i use it to clip sometimes. not 20-50 damage, nothing. whatever fix was put in a while ago isnt working.
  2. CGthor Active Player

Haven't played Earth in a while. Is this thing still broke ??
  3. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Yes.
  4. Dogico Loyal Player

I laughed, I learned, I cried. The speed at which a green chipped in was cool.
  5. Lacedog Loyal Player

Any help here would be nice.
  6. 13igtyme Devoted Player

As of yesterday the day the new DLC was released it is still bugged and a non aftershock gemstone isn't absorbing 50% of the damage taken until reaching the restoration and dominance cap. It is still breaking after 10-50 damage. After shocking it still works as it's meant to.
    • Like x 2
  7. Lacedog Loyal Player

I hopefully got a dev to look at this issue along with the shield not even coming up if knocked down while activating the power.
  8. Lacedog Loyal Player

I love Gemstone shield. i think its an awesome shield. when you understand how it works, it is almost my favorite power in game. but !@#$ing christ, is it not bugged almost all the time!? the first activation has been well documented of how bad it STILL HASNT BEEN FIXED!

but last night i was reminded of other issues with the shield. when fully aftershocked its supposed to stop all damage until its HP's have been depleted. then the shield was supposed to break and disappear. well that didnt happen. the animation ran its full coarse, but i was taking damage again at about 75% of the animation.

I love how the shield is SUPPOSED to work. i think its awesome. but maybe a change is needed to make it easier for the devs to keep the bugs out. i dont want it to change, but it might be necessary.

with the cooldown as long as it is, we have plenty of options to change how it works.

-how about each activation and aftershock is a stack of dom+resto? i think thats too much like ice, and with stats the way they are now, could be too strong.

-make it work how newbs think it works, giving us 50% absorption on activation. then each aftershock actually increases your own personal absorption until you reach 100% absorption. it wouldnt last forever obviously and would be debuffed easily in pvp.

im sure there are a few different options, the one i vote for is actually fixing how its supposed to work now, but i think something should be done.
  9. Clutch_GT New Player

10. TrueOlympus New Player

is this still going on?
  11. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Yes. If you aftershock it, it works. You should almost never go full, it overall won't mater but a HoT can keep you up of you don't go full on the shield.
  12. Clutch_GT New Player

Yes initial cast no aftershocks it breaks anywhere from 1-3 seconds 1 aftershock + and your good but the initial cast still needs to be fixed.
  13. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

+1 to this thread. Hate when feet get dragged on issues like these that last over a year. Happens far too often, imo. We need more feedback from the actual combat systems people in here.
    • Like x 1
  14. Lacedog Loyal Player

Still a thing
  15. Lacedog Loyal Player

What's upsetting and kinda funny actually is this is very easy to test out. Anyone who has used earth in the last 2+ years and has used gemstone shield has experienced this bug. So not a single person who works on this game for a living has played as an earth tank and used gemstone shield in the last 2+ years apparently.
    • Like x 2
  16. DonMega New Player

Yes & I'd like to add that the shield is bugged in pvp duels etc. Aftershock animation still goes through, but only 1 gem seems to pop up. outside of combat the animation works fine. what gives ?
    • Like x 2
  17. Lacedog Loyal Player

tried this out for myself. it is acting as you have described. would be nice if this gets looked at.
  18. Clutch_GT New Player

bump
    • Like x 1
  19. Legion_of_One Well-Known Player

I haven't seen the final Aftershock damaging enemies as it is described. Is it still supposed to be doing some damage?
  20. Clutch_GT New Player

I'll double check over the weekend.

Also shameless bump.
    • Like x 1