Earth, gemstone shield bugged

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by chaoticreign, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Aiden Warren New Player

you said your in dps role and its having those issues, but your not getting that in dps role you dont get any of that at all, only the damage prevention of restore and dom and thats all, in Tank role, you get all those effects, dps role, and just deal with it.

just know that the devs has
    "prints" of the effects that it shows, but it does not apply in the dps stance.

Are you having this issue in Tank or dps role?
    In DPS role, no, you only get damage absorbtion from restore and dom and thats all.
  2. Lacedog Loyal Player

It's still NOT fixed in tank role. In central city trying to get my reapers feat. Activate gemshield, no aftershocks, it breaks immediately.
  3. Lacedog Loyal Player

STILL NOT EVEN MENTIONED, LET ALONE FIXED.
  4. Lacedog Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have identified this issue and are working on a fix.
    • Like x 3
  6. 13igtyme Devoted Player

If it's not working in dps role that's one thing. I'm not sure where you guys are getting your info but gemstone stacks with jackhammer and damage shift. Damage shift and jackhammer however do not stack. Source; My T5 earth tank and I just tested it.
    • Like x 1
  7. Lacedog Loyal Player

My hero
    • Like x 1
  8. Lacedog Loyal Player

that was originally a post in the gotham general gameplay forum. im not an idiot who linked this thread within itself. with that said, does that mean to get broken powers an actual fix, we should post in the bug section, and then link to it in the general forum to get attention? or are you guys regularly going to check for bugged/broken powers?
  9. Sytenia Committed Player

I tested it a few times today in tank role and if no aftershocks are used the shield breaks on the first bit of damage you take, if one or more aftershocks are used it works fine.

I like how you explained the mechanics behind the shield chaoticreign, makes perfect sense to me and after using the shield and paying attention to what it does I think you explain it perfectly.
  10. Lacedog Loyal Player

Well if this is fixed, I completely didn't understand how the power worked to begin with. Still breaks without aftershocks. Now I know if I were to get hit hard enough or hit enough times to take more than my dom+resto that the shield breaks. It works like that with every other aftershock, all the way up to full aftershocks, where it turns into a standard shield. But it still doesn't seem to work that way with just activating the power.

So basically I thought it was supposed to absorb 50% damage up to my dom+resto with no aftershocks. If that's the case, gemstone shield is still broke.
  11. toast Well-Known Player

the problem im having with gemstone is that 40% of the time it will only cast the first gemstone and go directly into melee. ive tried slowing down the taps to aftershock and it still happens. it seems random. i could be getting beat on, knocked down or juggled and be able to cast all four gemstones and at other times i could knockdown or stun the npc and only be able to cast the first stone.
  12. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Gemstone before was working fine on usps3, I finally got on my tank after the "fix" and it's now doing what someone else said. It breaks after one hit when you don't after shock it. It never use to be like that.
  13. Lacedog Loyal Player

I'm back to fire now, but when I was testing this after the fix, at first it was still acting weird. But the next time I tried it worked fine. Sounds like it's acting up again though.
  14. 13igtyme Devoted Player

I just tested it earlier, I was in central city getting attacks by adds. I did one add at a time. First I tested when I after shocked and the shield lasted the full duration for one, two and three aftershocks, because of my gear they won't do enough damage to reach the cap. Then when I didn't after shock it, the shield broke after two or three hits. This was giving me a hard time in nexus last night if I got knocked and couldn't aftershock it once or twice.
    • Like x 1
  15. Lacedog Loyal Player

Yup, back to earth for me and yes, gemshield is back to being bugged. Same issue as before.
    • Like x 1
  16. Ryejin New Player

Read this, and became sad, I thought they fixed this. Went and tested it, and as of 2:00 am, on 10/24/2013 it's still an issue.
    • Like x 1
  17. 13igtyme Devoted Player

So when can we expect an actual fix for this. Because it still isn't working right when you don't aftershock it.
    • Like x 1
  18. 13igtyme Devoted Player

This power is still broken. Prevents maybe 50 damage when not aftershocked. It should be 100% dominance and 100% restoration, just like it is when you aftershock it. If a tank gets interrupted, which might happen more when they bring more pvp counters to the boss, then the tank can't aftershock it and have a worthless shield and a long cool down.
    • Like x 2
  19. Lacedog Loyal Player

A new little perk to gemshield, if you use it to clip a power, say totem, and get interupted before you can aftershock it, the shield doesn't even render at all, but goes on cooldown.

I want to say I was able to aftershock it once, and still had this problem, but I'm not 100% on it.
  20. 13igtyme Devoted Player

I've been interrupted on cast, didn't aftershock it, it rendered and broke from the first hit because the non aftershocked gemstone only blocks 20-50 damage. Not your dominance + restoration.