Earth, gemstone shield bugged

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by chaoticreign, Mar 23, 2013.

1. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

WTF. It's been over a year since Mepps said they were working on a fix. What the hell happened?
  2. Tallion Well-Known Player

When is the REAL fix for gemstone shield coming devs? It's been OVER A YEAR since people started complaining and still you leave us hanging.
    I don't know what the situation is on the US side but on EUPS we still have this gemstone shield issue.

Mepps publicly recognized the shield issue on 09/26/2013, it is now 10/23/2014 for goodness sake!
    I mean, we've given you all the info we have on this bug and if you've identified the problem, what's the hold up on this fix?
    And, NO, I'm not buying a respec token to switch to a tank power that does work properly because i like earth tanking and this issue has been going on for far too long now, it just needs to be fixed!!!
    I know everybody is very busy, working on all aspects of the game but come on now, over a year and still no fix?

The message this sends to the Earth community is that the dev team couldn't care less about us and that is unacceptable.

You guys are really doing us dirty here...
    • Like x 2
  3. Chewy Stuff Well-Known Player

Loved earth but I switched from earth to rage for exactly this reason and didn't know that these threada had existed. Some BS right here.
  4. Tallion Well-Known Player

Ikr, it's almost as if they don't want us to play Earth...
  5. Lacedog Loyal Player

Did some testing on my own with HLS and GSS. I tested in tank stance with 2617 resto and 2870 dominance. I tested with cr 92 mutants outside of ace chemicals from the home turf dlc. I used them because they were low enough in cr to make my point, while also doing enough damage to show how early these shields were breaking.

For HLS, the shield lasts on its own for about a quarter of the cooldown, or to the "3 o'clock" position. That's without taking any damage. While being attacked by the cr 92 mutants, the shield never made it to the same position on the cool down, meaning it broke from either being a "healer shield" and taking 3 hits, or it's bugged. It only lasted maybe to the 1 or 2 o'clock position.

For GSS, the shield normally lasts until past halfway, or about the 7 to 8 o'clock position. Again, that's without taking any damage. While being attacked by the same mutants, the non-after shocked shield breaks anywhere from the 3 o'clock position to the 6 o'clock position. Or about a quarter to half of the cooldown. This depended on how fast I was being attacked. If I aftershocked the shield, no matter how many times or which phase I left the shield in, it lasted until the normal 7 to 8 o'clock position every time.

It appears both of these shields are bugged one way or another.
  6. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Is this shield still broken? I can only get one shard.
  7. Naudia Nyce Well-Known Player

No, and that was never the issue to begin with, just try mashing melee after you cast.
    • Like x 1