Dominance speccing for trollers

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Echephyle, Apr 24, 2013.

1. BerzerkerUnit New Player

Sorry for the unclear wording, if someone as my numbers as a prereq for for participation I /ignore. If its the other troller shooting me a tell that's fine.
  2. Dynamo New Player

u might be right about dual speccing but the way i look at it is that, the more vit i have, the easier it is to maintain the team's power which means more dmg by the dps etc. it also leaves me more pwr to cc stuff.

i don't know why a troller would feel any pressure to get that extra vit, i mean with my troller's current sp i can't get all the new vit innates right now but i'm not working on any new sp for that toon. just getting my main as ready as i can for t5.

ok good.
    i never use numbers as a prereq for participation, for ex. u'd never see me asking for a cr requirement while forming a group. but on the other hand i do use performance as a prereq for future participation.
  3. 13igtyme Devoted Player

There is a huge amount of false info in this thread. Read my post on the first page and that's all you need.
    • Like x 1
  4. Kristyana New Player

That extra 60 vit only increases your PoT tic by 4. Better than some stats, I grant you, but that comes down to the ability to cast even one extra cheap power every five minutes.

I'm not saying you shouldn't take those innates, it just seems to make more sense to put those 30 SP into maxing out DPS innates like Critical Chance/Mag. The new innates don't have any modifiers, just raw statistics.
    • Like x 2
  5. Dynamo New Player

hmm.. i might get some of the dps crits ones again when i next respec that toon. but i'm ok either way.
  6. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

This would be awesome and make p laying a controller much more fun.
  7. Rebelyon New Player

With how the community compares Vit, there is sadly no way a controller does not feel the pressure...

The main issue is that the 60 extra Vit can push someone into the 1400 Vit range where I can see T5 raids calling for Controller 1400+ Vit pst... I can imagine more people giving up affinities to go all yellows since no one ever asks whats your power critical...
  8. Dynamo New Player

oh. thats a absolute no no. power criticals are very important for trolling, never trade them for straight vit mods.
  9. Kristyana New Player

If a controller willingly decides to mod and allocate their skillpoints that way, then they better not complain about being treated as a power battery.
  10. BerzerkerUnit New Player

Another fun fact about Dominance, if you have a transformation, like ghost, and you hit an enemy that shields up, it blows the shield off. That cuts down the time you waste laying Ito those big brainiac jerks in star labs.
  11. Echephyle New Player

You're right. I'll keep my precision might and criticals in that case.
  12. sean04122009 Well-Known Player

i know how dom and vit works but when i think of a controller, i think of someone who control the field way better than any other roles in game. It should work like this,
    New scale of dominance- no additional damage. Just increase duration of stuns and encasements.
    1. troll--9-12 sec long(100%)
    2. tank-6-9 sec long(75%)
    3. healer-3-6 sec long(50%)
    4. dps-1-3 sec long(25%)
    New scale of vit- everyone in group has some type of vit correct??? Why not have it where example tank has 200 vit ,, troll has 1270(pot158),,, when the troll cast its pot of (158)the tank get a tick of 172 because it combined his individual vit(200) plus your troll (pot158) to equal his ticks of 172. I think the troll who is casting pot should be able to take advantage of the group vit.... any thoughts on this?????
    Example as if your in a raid group
    1. troll base vit 1270 {{pot 158}}
    2. Second troll in group vit 1200(( Trolls don't affect each other so you receive pot 158 normally and when u both give instant power to group who ever it goes to is also increased by the same points as the pot )))
    3. tank 200 vit= 14 pot & instant power increase {{pot158+14 increase=172 tick for tank))
    4. healer 300 vit=21 pot & instant power increase
    5. dps1 310 vit=22 pot & instant power increase
    6. dps2 100 vit= 7 pot & instant power increase
  13. Rebelyon New Player

I agree but that's how things are bad for controllers... I was in Veng where a T3 geared Tank commented how the two controllers with 1270 & 1236 Vit were low and one guy even asked us to pop a vit soder... Both of the other controller and me are full T4 modded...

Well I would be 1300++ if I had those perfect vit rings but I don;t and now even T3 geared peeps get to make comments?... smh...

Now I just roll as a DD and though I don't get into as much raids, I don't get as much grief...

Edit: I think I derailed this thread :p
  14. COLDXI New Player

you don't need much dominance on pve(unless your using shield), just get the required dominance for an instance then you should be fine, more vit the better. Then if your on pvp better mod dominance since you don't want to getting stunned or cc'd by higher dominance player.
  15. Anti Bezz New Player

Seeing as my dom is always below 850 I can say I have never had a prob with healers drnes in prime lol.
  16. Liam Solo New Player

For T5 Content the minimum dom required will be 775 for Ops and 800 for the raids.

So if you don't have atleast 800 Dom as a Controller you won't be able to queue up for the new content.