Dominance speccing for trollers

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Echephyle, Apr 24, 2013.

1. thefirstlantern New Player

P.S. They say the level of Dom doesn't effect the length of the encasement on a target but it seems to me that when I encase something it last longer when my Dom is higher..just my feeling on this not a fact
  2. Echephyle New Player

I
    I was told 600 was what you needed for the big mobs in t4 raids.
  3. thefirstlantern New Player

Echephyle add me as a friend and i'll show you what I'm talking about

US PS3 Server
    THE FIRSTLANTERN
    • Like x 1
  4. mikeycorleone New Player

I was in a 5 man FOS 1 raid and on the 1st boss, the troll (Highly Mental) turned the boss into the ghost mental thingy ( so sorry never tried mental, heh) a number of times, then again this was about a month ago but it was pretty epic. As for CCing adds, if u meet the required dom for that raid, u can CC the adds, at the moment i dont spec my dom innates because I have close to 800 unbuffed, so imo just spec into the extra vit innates,those are good. My vit was 1216 now its 1269 XD not uber high still ok nonetheless.
  5. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

Unless you use personal and group shields, self heals or don't have high enough dom from your armor there is no need to spec into dom.
    • Like x 1
  6. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

Controllers need a buff to their damage that involves Dom, combine 75% Dom with Might and 25% Dom with Precision. That way all the immunities in pvp doesn't have us wasting power using debuffs that wont register and our weapons can hit harder for all the times we land a debuff and players use breakout trinkets, breakout powers, breakout supercharges, breakout consumables or tanks breaking teammates from control effects.
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

You usually get enough dominance to CC your CR content through gear and simply being in troller stance. Trollers should spec vit, then cunning, then dom (for shields), unless your dom does not meet the content requirements (e.g., you excessively mod gear to boost your CR).
  8. Toxiic Committed Player

Does dominance do anything for healers besides help with shields? I dont ever use a shield but would it help for stuns and knocking people back with my 2h?
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

As a healer, you'll never get your dominance high enough to be worth specing it.
  10. BerzerkerUnit New Player

Like I said elsewhere, Vit speccing is a gift from the kind controller, not a requirement. Dom does more for everyone when you have it maxed out.

"Tanks CC" no they govern add placement, but wads of trash with heavies mixed in make heavies take longer to kill which increases the amount of damage they generate, this in turn increases the amount of healing that needs done and the speed at which healer shields or 35% heals need to be reapplied, which all increases the amount of power that needs to be fed.

Controllers with maxed out Dom CC almost everything. These adds produce no damage, the heavies that break out focus on the tank allowing DPS to melt them first a d faster because less damage splitting occurs. This means less damage from foes which means less required healing and longer lasting shields and 35% heals.

Trash takes 12 seconds to break out of most control effects, if 7 players are targeting heavies only (the things that do hundreds of damage to large areas) they disintegrate in less than 12 seconds. The. Trash can be mopped up. It was laziness that spawned the "tank makes enemy ball and raid through power at it" method of today.

Dom>Vit 100% of the time. Only maverick tanks that can't play a precise game (fire tanks get half a pass because they have sooo much AoE) and DPS that can't manage power and overzealous healers think otherwise.
  11. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

So, the tooltip in the statistics is wrong?

It says dominance determines the duration of control-effects...
  12. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Yes. It's wrong. It USED to determine the length by determining how much damage a cc'd opponent took before being automatically broken out. A few updates ago they took away Dom's affect on CC aside from needing the minimum required for a raid. It's pretty much an all or nothing mechanic now.

Major mistake imho.
  13. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

The tooltip was just not updated, tis all.
  14. Dynamo New Player

i consider the dom in the weapon trees to be useless for controllers, i never use them on my troller toon.
    before GU-25, i used to spec in to dps innates after cunning and vit. now instead of dps innates, i get more vit.
    the current tier gear gives u more than enough dom to CC everything CC'able currently in game.
  15. BerzerkerUnit New Player

It only hits those numbers after you get it, when you hit new content (running FOS in T2.5) those innates allow you to function CC-wise, otherwise you're just a battery. If you love being a battery, that's not a problem, but I thumb my nose in the general direction of those that would expect me to be "just a battery." Personal preference. And I still feel I get more out of Dom than I do Vit, and I'm not competing for spots in groups, the queue puts you with whoever it has or I run with friends. If I'm asked for stats or CR by a PUG I just /ignore.
    • Like x 1
  16. Dynamo New Player

so if someone asks u ur vit to know who should PoT, u /ignore them ??. Very nice.. not.
  17. Echephyle New Player

I kind of dislike how they added new innates into the weapon trees. Now we can no longer dual spec into dps and our other role and be awesone in both. I still have my dps skill points in as it helps me get kills in pvp

Btw our characters wear the same armor. Rapture with egyptian shoulders. Looks sick eh?
  18. Dynamo New Player

yeah, it does. :cool:
  19. Kristyana New Player

The new innates only give a quarter to just under half of the return as the normal innates do. Most people I've talked with are just as happy dual speccing. Spending the 30 skillpoints to get the extra 60 vitalization and passing up on all the extra damage you can do seems pretty unwise, especially when a soder can boost your vitalization higher than those 30 skillpoints would.
    • Like x 3
  20. Rebelyon New Player

The main issue is that due to community culture, people will still compare Base Vit. Hence there is still pressure to get them extra Vit...