Dom buff for tanks capped at 2000?

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Random Hero, Jul 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Random Hero New Player

no sir heals for fire are calculated with your dom+ resto while yes modding and speccing resto is much better for heals in specific due to resto yielding higher stats for both sp and mods dom is SUPPOSED to ( broken atm ) increase both health by 2.2 per point of dom and also raise healing at a 1:1 scale with resto. You can check this by simply reading the description of dom in the stat tab.
    • Like x 3
  2. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

Well this is unsettling.
    • Like x 1
  3. TimeManipulator New Player

What I remember from reading about dom states it increases control effects. I know the ratio for health and Dom magnification. I've never seen any difference in heals from dom while Fire Tankin only from additional resto. If fire was supposed to gain a better heal than it truly is broken. Fire needs some type of damage mitigation and a shield added imo. I've never had an issue Tankin any raid, and I've got Fire Tanks in my league The Nomads which have tanked to round 5 in SM.
  4. Newsflash New Player

Well yeah, the base healing isn't that great to make scaling it useful in the first place ;)
    • Like x 3
  5. DRy New Player

My response from the support SOE :

WTF ! The developer, GO calcul !

(Server Test)
    What is the future 94 stuff
    +2700 dominance FULL, Why !??
    What is the MK VI Bulldozer ?
    +3000 dominance FULL + MK VI Bulldozer, Why !??

2000 is the limit !!!
    • Like x 3
  6. russ4ua15 New Player

Dom must have been capped long ago and forgotten. Surely they wouldn't keep giving more of a stat that is capped forever. Not all tanks benefit from resto. Address this issue please
    • Like x 1
  7. Wynnie Well-Known Player

I hope they acknowledge this and come out with a fix before next DLC goes live.
  8. 6000Degree New Player

Lol... they are just saying, screw that stat, you don't need it anymore!

Stupidiest thing ever.

Please spread the message to friends, we need 50+ upvotes to reach first page
    • Like x 2
  9. No Aywok New Player

So it seems based on the Support response that they knew about this for a decent amount of time.

I'm not asking for specifics on mob/boss stats, or anything else that would instantly get ignored.

Is it too much, however, to let us know about stat hard caps? That's extremely important and potentially can turn into a big waste of FEs, time, money, you get the point.
    • Like x 3
  10. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Anyone know if this also affects stun durations? Do stun durations stop going up once a player reaches 2000?
    • Like x 1
  11. Incredible Wrecker New Player

Spylte, Mepps anyone? Can we get an official statmet or will we be ignored like the pleas for a fire tank upgrade
  12. Doc Holliday New Player

Working as intendedâ„¢

IE it's broke until a ninja hotfix is released.
    • Like x 1
  13. ApacheTribe Well-Known Player

OMG..if this the case why am I speccing into DOM in the trees then??? I've already got 2512...that's a ton of sps I could have been using as resto...I wonder if there's a cap on that too???
    • Like x 2
  14. ghostwalkerjack New Player

so dominance is capped at 2000.
    i'm a rage tank, so if i have over 2000 dominance i get no extra chance to cc or health buff when using a power.
    then i guess i am respeccing.

it would of been nice if this was stated in the dom info bar of my stat screen...
    what other things have caps that we dont know about?
    • Like x 4
  15. TheRealDeathern New Player

with the dom bug, my restos at 3675 and climbing... ;)
    • Like x 3
  16. GemiNick New Player

Spylte, Mepps anyone?
    • Like x 1
  17. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Well from very old developer posts I know that Might, Precision and Restoration should have a cap of 10 000. This was stated to be in place to limit the potential of exploits that may be found. Though this was posted years ago so it may have changed.

As far as a lower cap for Restoration I can confirm at least that 5500 Restoration still helps. So for Tanks and Controllers at least that will give them some breathing room.

Though in light of the tests in this thread I will be keeping a much closer eye on stats every 500 to make sure.
    • Like x 3
  18. TheRealDeathern New Player

You've got 5500 resto on on non-healer toon?
  19. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Healers can benefit from bulldozer soders, too, because Dom affects their base heal. Blues have always tended to be more plentiful.
  20. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Don't know about Rage, but Ice and Earth benefit from Resto.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.