Does anyone actually like the revive limit in Elite?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AV, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Proxystar #Perception

I laughed :D
    • Like x 1
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

So I’m not allowed to say that I think certain elements of NORMAL content are a little bit unfair but it’s okay to complain that ELITE content has a degree of artificial difficulty? What.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Nope, because what we're actually asking for is a buff to the content itself, through actual meaningful mechanics and game play. we're not actually asking for the challenge to be taken away ;)
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well it seems to me that allowing people to die constantly would make any given mechanic less meaningful, not more, but what do I know?
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Tell that to all the hard meaningful raids that existed pre death counter ;) I mean Paradox and Nexus were so hard they made half the community rage quit and there wasn't even a death counter.
  6. Zneeak Devoted Player

Desperately overreaching once again. *slow clap* What.
  7. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

I believe the Elite Raids are hard enough. I think the death limit needs to STAY as well as allow League leaders to have up to 3 eye of Gemini artifacts active at the same time Oh, and their effects MUST BE STACKABLE.

I also suggest to make the boss battle spaces at-least 20 percent smaller. I don't know why people say the spaces are already too small. I need it reduced more than it is now. This way, other players can't roll or evade my Gemini's orange circle when I smack dem supers on the boss and afterwards I can talk smack about how strong I am. ;)

No no, i'm kidding, I always thought the death limit was kinda out of place tho. I guess I wouldn't mind if it was removed or even if it stayed. I'm always dead either way LOL.

No, no I'm just kidding, I don't even own DCUO. Heck, I don't even have electric in the house at the moment. :D
    • Like x 2
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

True, but they would have been even harder WITH a death counter ;)
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

Apparently not a lot, lol. Ever played SM the first few rotations? Many examples to refer to there in regards to difficulty without a Revive limit. Know your stuff, THEN try and take shots. Works better that way :p
    • Like x 2
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

But they would have been even harder with a death counter, no?
  11. Proxystar #Perception

There was some gold in that :D
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Perhaps sure, but when the content is hard enough in its own right you don't need to have something like a death counter to make it difficult.

I mean at the moment some elite content is almost the same as normal content and the only thing differentiating it from normal is that death counter and that shouldn't be the case.
  13. Zneeak Devoted Player

Nope, probably a whole lot of mechanics that would have gotten dumbed down to fit that revive limit in SM if they did that. It doesn't really take a rocket scientist to realize how a Revive Limit limits the difficulty you can have in the content, that's been proven several times when certain Elite instances have been released with mechanics that have been broken/bugged to where several mechanics combined with one shots override eachother.
    • Like x 2
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I actually hate that too. They should totally remove things like Gut Hook from the normals and just have them in elite, then we can remove the death counter, deal? :)
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

But what if they weren’t dumbed down to fit the revive limit? What if it had been exactly the same but with the death counter?
  16. Zneeak Devoted Player

Or you can pay attention to mechanics and have it easier on you like it is for most other players. We can make it harder in Elite though, deal? :)
  17. Proxystar #Perception

That's exactly the thing, the mechanics are developed with the death counter in mind, instead of allowing freedom to come up with meaningful mechanics the death counter is actually acting as a restriction.

Survival Mode is a good example as well of challenging content without a death counter. You had to work together in survival mode and deaths and picking people up was all part of the process.
    • Like x 1
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Or you can pay attention in elite and you won’t even notice the death counter. ;)
  19. Zneeak Devoted Player

If it wasn't dumbed down to fit a revive limit, we wouldn't have a revive limit. lol. You know, like SM was the first time around.
    • Like x 2
  20. Proxystar #Perception

LOL, no I've got this mean DPS that strafes to the side and takes that gut hook for me :D