Does anyone actually like the revive limit in Elite?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AV, Feb 16, 2019.

1. AV Loyal Player

I really despise the elite revive limit. Just feels lazy and arbitrary. A similar but better mechanic would be something like FFXI's "weakness" status, with which your stats get nuked for a few minutes after being raised and dieing multiple times in succession renders you useless until it wears off except for healing/support. Winning with deaths with a system like that is still hard but much more immersive. In DC it's just "ok, wipe n reset" which has always felt lame af to me. Ultimately adds a degree of contrived "difficulty" to otherwise well-tuned elite content.
    • Like x 5
  2. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

its never bothered me tbh....
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's artificial difficulty. I would love to see it gone and replaced with more challenging content.
    • Like x 8
  4. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

I heard in SM you dont have that problem. I dont see devs changing the rally system, so we can all hope SM be in the near plans;_;
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

I personally would like to see it replaced with some sort of meaningful mechanic, it wasn't around in paradox, wasn't really needed if the content is challenging enough in its own right.
    • Like x 12
  6. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I echo Lorax and Proxy. It is essentially just artificial difficulty.
    • Like x 5
  7. Ekart Committed Player

Yes, I like it. It forces people not to play in constant "idot mode" and pay attention to the mechanics. Otherwise it would be just as normal, people ignoring everything.
    • Like x 5
  8. ALB Dedicated Player

The heal and how death works are the 2 main reasons DC feel easier than other MMOs
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

This. So much this.

The original versions of Paradox Wave, BC2, Nexus of Reality, FpS2 did not need a revive limit to be challenging. They were good and hard content like there should be. Stuff where you really work for the vendor set before entering it. I totally did not mind to skip weeks of raid-locks because you weren't geared enough. Eventually, you entered the raid to kill the first boss only and later to leave after the fourth boss. Eventually you got the hang of it and it became easier because you knew what to do.
    Back in the day I joined other league's runs just to explain bosses and exercise with them. It was a fun.

After the first adjustments, we ran Nexus in T3 gear without group shields, without OP one handed but with the loadouts we used in FoS2.

And again after a few months PW became an easy cheese with mechanics that kill you and you woulnd't care anymore; NoR was just quick marks as well. But for that, the devs have to either adjust content to the Shield+EoG Meta or adjust shields and EoG. We have too many savety nets right now.

I do not mind the One-Rally-Limitation as long as the difficulty is at level with Darkseids War Factory and the aforementioned raids.
    • Like x 5
  10. Schimaera Devoted Player

SM wasn't hard. It was also artificially made more difficult by bosses and adds having an insane amount of health and dealt an insane amount of damage.
    The longer a fight takes, the more chances the goup has to mess it up.

I remember being in SM OA the last time it was around with five tanks, 2 heals and a trol. That's not challenging, that's tedious. ^^
    • Like x 4
  11. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Devs: "Sorry, we're not going to remove the revive limit in Elite content. Instead, the Lazarus Pit Artifact can be used on top of the one revive you already receive. No matter how many times you use it."

Translation: Quick influx of cash for Nth Metal boosters from people who want that puppy maxed out.

[IMG]
  12. spack2k Steadfast Player

That would give the artifact a reason to exist, it still wouldnt make it good tho since u have a high chance to instant die again once used if cola on cooldown.
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I like it as it puts additional emphasis on survivability. I just wish they'd get rid of that stupid animation once revived that gives a window for you to be killed again before you can pop a soder or shield.
    • Like x 1
  14. Miss Adora Loyal Player

nope, it should change. Even if you follow mechanics, and know the mechanics, doesn't always guarantee survival. If they change it where maybe the bosses are like 2 tiers higher or something along those lines.
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I do not. Since the only mechanic is to not die, then it has and will continue, to play into one playstyle. Ranged. Most other games game melee powers with MECHANICS that help with survivability. Not just standing back.
    • Like x 1
  16. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

If they make the content any more difficult than it already is (and it's not even remotely close to be hard) they would lose more people. One of DC's appeals is that a raid can be completed in 10-15 minutes. Compared to other MMO's where it can take hours, even for a fast run. Making content harder will mean making the raids longer.

I don't see them making the content harder within the time frame of 10-20 minutes. Just as others pointed out to other raids, those raids were in fact hard and the time it took were way beyond 10-15 minutes.

I also don't see them getting rid of the rally limit in elite content. This is one feature that has been talked over many times. Good or bad its here to stay.
  17. Brit Loyal Player

Personally, I like it. If there is one thing that annoys the junk out of me, it is when my teammates are intentionally ignoring the fight's mechanics, knowing darn well that it will get them killed, and then they blame the rest of the group because "people need to be better about pick-ups".

Honestly, there is a small part of me that wishes the Elites even had a 0 rally limit, where if you die, you die. Then the blame would always go precisely where it belongs, and perhaps certain very avoidable issues could be resolved.
  18. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Everyone saying they like it because "it forces people to do mechanics or focus more on survivability" are completely missing the point. Back when Paradox, Prime, etc were around there wasn't a death limit and those raids were a lot harder than the so-called elites of today. If you have bad teammates, that's what the kick function is for.

Another form of artificial difficulty I wish they'd move away from is forcing us to fight bosses inside domes/bubbles. Just seems so lazy. Instead of making a raid with decent mechanics they just stick you in a bubble that messes up your camera angles so you can't see what's going on?
    • Like x 4
  19. Batrederik Dedicated Player

It depends.... I enjoy engaging content. Something that forces me to stay on my toes. Usually that's what harder content does = revive limit in Elite.

Yeah, i like it :)
    • Like x 1
  20. recoil2 Dedicated Player

to be fair, doesn't regular content offer "limited" revive attempts? i've noticed after about 3 depending on where you are you can't be brought back on the same spot but rather only the abort option is present even when someone picks the player up. granted i rarely die 3 times in a row, so if someone could support this theory it'd be greatly appreciated.