DLC9: Rage Powers

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Jan 6, 2014.

1. TMadness Well-Known Player

My question is why are there TWO Precision buffs?! WTF...least celestial has a might and a pre...hopefully is was just an oversight and they will correct. But sheesh!
    • Like x 1
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

Really, the prec buff of Ferocity is just a little bonus for tanks, IMO. They get a cleanse with a prec buff to a Rage Crash combo which follows. The cleanse protects them during the combo. That's it. It's only good for 1 hit, really. The real buff is Bloodlust. It's the same 45% prec buff for 12 sec that Anoint and Carnage give.
    • Like x 3
  3. Roomba Dedicated Player

the real, recurrent question is: Why are there still 2 DPS stats?
  4. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Tradition maybe.
  5. Predicament Well-Known Player

I know that there needs to be some sort of punishment for preventing rage crash but the point of is the simple fundamental mechanics, this is more for a pvp concern, there are still combos like the DW enticing throw that have vulnerability mechanics but not rewarding for interrupt/block break, just like these powers
  6. Tocimus Committed Player

will you be making a guide for this? ;);)
  7. spord Developer

Thanks for the info. We are working on a fix.
  8. Kristyana New Player

Most likely :D
    • Like x 4
  9. spord Developer

Infuriated states "Share your rage and increase yours and up to 3 group members' critical attack chance and critical attack damage. You and up to 3 group members receive healing equal to a portion of the damage dealt from their attacks. Provides you with resistance to control effects for a short time."

Since it just says attacks it means weapon attacks, combo attacks, super powers, and super charges.
    • Like x 4
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

Thanks for the clarification, Spord. That makes it much better. I'm pretty sure that it was in the F1 menu that describes active effects that I saw only weapon attacks mentioned, though. If so, that conflicts with the tooltip. If not, my bad.

While we have you here, I had mentioned earlier that Ferocity did not seem to be acting correctly. Let me grab the post:

11. spord Developer

The actual value is 0.6666666666666667 or two-thirds of every point of dom. I'll update the tree description to just say two-thirds of your dominance to be more accurate. I am not seeing any oddities of 133% though. Is it possible there was another target you did not see?
  12. Kristyana New Player

Nope, there wasn't anything else around. I was down in the war room off to the side and slowly got closer to one targeting dummy. It behaved as if there were always two.

Let me test this again against a static enemy like a CC bounty.

EDIT: Just tested this against a few bounties and it is working as intended. Not sure why it was bugging out in the war room.
  13. spord Developer

Ferocity is going to be updated to act like Bloodlust and the other precision buffs (45% PvE, 18% PvP) as well as the animation time shortened slightly and the buff duration increased a little to cover the animation time.
    • Like x 6
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

Thank you, sir. /tiphat
  15. Dreadwolf New Player

I was asking why Bloodlust wasn't a clipping power, but I was apparently lagging.. it works fine now (^_^)
  16. Elusian Crowd Control

Well, we were running another 8men Op today and what can I say about Rage. Picture says it all:

[IMG]

The other 3 DPS were Nature (Jr w7), Mental (Anhur EU) and Celestial (Flamefury). Despite the fact of not being proper modded (I expected a might powerset and since boxes bugged out I couldnt switch to a prec build) the damage is hilarious, bursty and just wow. I'm sure you guys will ner... err adjust ( ^_^ ) Dreadful Blasts 2nd combo damage a bit cause such a quick spam with crits over 7k seems to be a bit too much.

Replay Part 1 and Part 2 (no audio in this one) to check it out by yourself if you want.

I would like to have one thing changed for sure:

Galling Eruption

Galling Eruptions reads "Hold Melee immediately to cancel this ability..." which is not true in some way. If I hold the melee button right after the cast, I miss the window and lunge the target. Apparently the window for performing this proper is somewhere in between the animation cast and quite difficult to hit sometimes, especially in the heat of the battle the window feels too short. Any chance to open up the window from start of the cast until the current end of the window? This would nearly double it I suppose. Whaatever the solution will be, the description does not match the practice atm :)
    • Like x 2
  17. Trinidad James Loyal Player

I've suggested this aswell or alease up the power cost but as usual I got criticized about it. :(
  18. spord Developer

We are upping the power cost because it was supposed to match the new higher cost of Retribution.
    • Like x 4
  19. spord Developer

We will look at this and see about getting some more time for input.
    • Like x 4
  20. Karasawa Loyal Player

Won't the 18% bit be a problem once everyone gets the new 224 dps weapons? There won't be a reason to use the pvp weapon if you get an inferior precision buff with it. Is there a way to make it 45% for both but only calculate it based on your base precision before any buffs?