DLC9: Rage Powers

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Jan 6, 2014.

1. DC_Homeslice Developer

Thanks for the feedback! Knowing that the visual effects continued while the sound cut out helps me a lot! It gives me a much better idea of where I need to look to find the bug. We'll look into this issue and see if we can resolve it right away. Thanks!

Best,
    DC_Homeslice
    • Like x 3
  2. DC_Homeslice Developer

By the way, do you happen to remember if there were multiple rage power players when this happened? I am assuming yes since Rage is the new hotness, but want to make sure. We think it might be an issue with multiple players firing the ability within a certain time window.

Best,
    DC_Homeslice
  3. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Intrigued. I'm not in on this conversation, just found that theory to be interesting. Carry on.
  4. Superskull85 Devoted Player

So uh... wow? Severe Punishment and Relentless Anger now cost the same amount of Power as Bloodlust (the cheapest in Rage currently on live), only has a 2 second vulnerability window and is the single most useful trait for a Rage Tank? Something doesn't seem right here...

From a Rage Tank player, Severe Punishment and Relentless Anger should at least cost 250 base Power instead of 115 base Power. Having it 115 Power makes it the single most useful Tank trait in the game even when you include Ice, Fire and Earth. Please raise the Power cost to 250 Power. As it is now it is far too cheap on Power.
  5. Nemisor Committed Player

No way. Rage needs to use more powers to be almost as effective as the other tanks. Pvp was a nightmare for power. And its still the squishyest tank. Thats why power cost was reduced. No change needed.
    • Like x 1
  6. Superskull85 Devoted Player

No it doesn't. Rage Tanks have the same Defense as Fire and with only a couple trait usages and maybe a few targets (if you can get them) you would match a Fire Tanks Health. From there the major difference is how you get healed which again is why the Power reduction for Severe Punishment is so surprising because that is going to keep you alive for 80% of the instance. Why not reduce the Power cost of Ragebring or Without Mercy and reduce the healing they do? Ragebringer is the goto buffer, not Severe Punishment.

Reducing the Power cost of Severe Punishment this much pretty much makes Rage Crash not that much of "high risk high reward' mechanic once you learn the timings which aren't that tricky in the first place with a proper rotation.
  7. Nemisor Committed Player

The risk should never have been power cost. Its knockdowns etc that pose the risk. Power should be the least of your problems as a rage tank.

Sure you can get the same health as fire but you need to use powers to get there
    • Like x 1
  8. DC_Homeslice Developer

Hi Everyone,

We were able to fix a bug where one player's rage power countdown was stealing a potential voice from other player's, preventing their rage crash sound from playing. We were also able to get the functionality to have the heartbeat only play locally for the caster. So the expected behavior now is that when I cast Rage crash countdown, I hear my heartbeat, and all other sounds lower in volume. Other players will hear the rage crash countdown flare sound emitting from me, but no heartbeat and there will be no drop in volume for them. This is pretty close to how it was before, but it works better and there should be much less dropouts, so players should be able to hit their rage crash immunity combos a little easier. This fix is in the GU 34 update, which just hit PC Test servers yesterday, so please let me know if things aren't working they way they should be. Thanks again for all your feedback! It helped a lot to get this issue fixed.

Best,
    DC_Homeslice
    • Like x 3