DLC9: Rage Powers

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Jan 6, 2014.

1. thelostczarnian New Player

sounds about right with that level gear tbh
  2. Dread Active Player

Was that 3k buff from the adds nearby and did you cast another power to keep your buff up before you crashed?

Doesn't the buff wear out after so many seconds if we don't use a power in tank mode?
  3. BrotherMutant New Player

Remander said
    "Here's my understanding of it. You trigger the Rage mechanic with a power. Every second for 8 seconds, you will receive 100% heals to incoming damage. Now, if you take a big damage spike, you can still be one-shot, as the heals are only applied once per second. Otherwise, all the damage accumulates in a "Rage pool." You have options to combo out the entire Rage pool and take no damage, cast a power to mitigate 50% of the damage, or miss entirely and take 100% of the damage. You have to cast another Rage mechanic power afterward to start the process again, so there are windows where you will be unable to use the Rage mechanic. "

Sounds about right. The best way I can explain it is there is a SMALL window where you need to click a POWER or keep a combo going to protect from the damage you get during the crash. It appears that the COMBOS that do protect (not all do) basically extend the protection a second or two (in case you time it wrong). So combos are NOT going to be necessary to tank IF you click your power at just the right time.
  4. Dread Active Player

But isn't there a buff to health per add nearby that works off of Dom?
  5. BrotherMutant New Player

Can't remember which power gave me the high health buff (I think the more targets you hit, the more health you get?), but yeah, the health buffs wear off at a specific interval (12 seconds?). Thing is, your health can yo-yo quite a bit without taking any damage at all. Makes it real annoying to predict what your actual health is at any given moment. Wish you could add an overlay that gave Health NUMBERS to your health bar. Would make that so much easier.
  6. Magical Reset Committed Player

These are not spammable at all. You run out of power really fast in raids spamming those. It seems with the new gear power becomes a bit more precious than in dox/nex.
  7. villian O5 New Player

SEVERE PUNISHMENT- Was attacking sparring target got hit 4 1000 to 4000 damage when i crashed. That fake heal somebody was talking about is real. It was a sparing target in HOD nothing was hitting me. Also on the combat log when you get hit you should change it from "Severe punishment healed you for 3000" to "you crashed and took 3000 damage" or something.

GALLING ERUPTION and VIOLENCE- While trying to test the damage out on them at times they would stop doing damage at all. the effect would be there but the sparing target was not being affected.

FEROCITY- The precision on ferocity says it is there in the current affects in the action menu but does not show anywhere else. not even a buff symbol.

All i got so far
    • Like x 1
  8. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

I changed my power from quantum to rage last night shortly after the test server availability announcement. Then I bought my gear from the vendor DPS, and then I imprinted 1 armory followed by PVP on the second. Ok these went smooth enough. That left 4 other imprints for quantum at another base which works out with power change token. Here's the clincher, I went with my default load-out and instantly became a master of the awesome power of red light rage! It seemed totally natural to me, the ease and feel of letting loose the rage powers was quite enjoyable! Had If not been so sleepy I would've completed the first mission. I love the look and feel of rage, initially I had definite plans for blue now certainly I see red in the future.:cool:;):) .
  9. spord Developer

We are looking into why after using Relentless Anger or Severe Punishment you would Rage Crash when you haven't taken any damage. If someone gets a good repro case please let us know.

Have you seen the issue with Galling Eruption or Violence on a regular NPC or player? I think this might be an issue with the sparring target instead.

We are going to update Ferocity to show the buff symbol and last slightly longer to cover animation time.
    • Like x 1
  10. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I too have noticed the rage crash taking place after taking no damage but I could never get it to reproduce. It seems to happen randomly.
  11. Karasawa Loyal Player

I noticed that several powers that provide breakout such as Ferocity do not break you out of counter hits even though they have no damage component.
    • Like x 4
  12. villian O5 New Player

I was trying to recreate it the only thing that makes any type of sense is your health drops back down after you are out of range or they are not focus on you from the buff times how many people. So it considers that as damage that needs to be healed.

I will test it when I can

Alright thanks
  13. Kristyana New Player

Two bugs I've been noticing so far testing the Rage set.

1) The Rage Crash shows up as a heal in the combat log and last night was reacting accordingly - meaning that while testing, it would crit for twice as much as it should. This could have been a problem with the crit bubbles not working correctly.

EDIT: This may be related to what happened in the post above me. I will test further.

2) The innate tank buff states that you gain .6 HP for every point of dominance per nearby enemy, but this is registering for more than it should. Tested this on my toon with 186 dominance in tank role and got a 122 HP boost. It should be 111.6

I'm currently testing all the values for damage for the different powers including base modifiers for precision attacks the way I did with Celestial :) And now that work has died down, I'll be around more to actually keep a guide active.
    • Like x 3
  14. Kristyana New Player

The tank buff is not dynamic. When you cast a power in tank mode, it adds health based on how many enemies are around you at the exact moment of that cast and stays active for either 12 seconds or until you cast another power when the process starts all over again.
    • Like x 1
  15. Kristyana New Player

I figured out what's causing it with the sparring dummies.

When you activate Relentless Anger or Severe Punishment, the game records your max health from the stat menu at the time of casting it.

If your max health drops below what it was initially when RA or SP was activated, (I'm referring to the health stat in the menu and not your actual health) the game considers the difference "damage" you took during the cycle and will apply it during Rage Crash.

You can replicate this by using any power against a dummy. Wait six seconds. Then cast RA or SP. The first buff from the initial power will have worn off by the time Rage Crash hits, resulting in damage equal to the health buff you got from that first cast.

If your health is the same or higher during Rage Crash than it was when you casted RA or SP, then the game thinks you took no damage.

You can also duplicate this without casting an initial buff by changing gear during the middle of a rage cycle. Activate rage, take off a piece of gear or two, and when Rage Crash hits it will be for the exact same amount as the health you lost from taking off the gear.
    • Like x 4
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

I finally got on to test some. First thing I was interested in was the precision buffs:

Bloodlust: As with Anoint and Carnage, this is a 45% precision buff to you and 3 others which lasts 12 seconds. In addition, there is a 10% critical attack chance during that time. Of course, it's also a 50% damage buff to yourself, as well. Awesome power!

Ferocity: Something doesn't seem right here. It's listed in the buff pull down as a 25% precision boost to self for 3 seconds, but it's working out to 35% and only lasting 2 seconds (I could barely get into the stats to check the number before it disappeared. Basically, the only decent part of this power is the tank cleanse. The boost is so quick currently that you may get one hit in before it's gone.

I'll share more, when I can.
  17. Karasawa Loyal Player

The precision buff from Bloodlust is getting reduced from 45% to 18% if you equip a PvP weapon.

Here's a pic of my gear with the new PvE weapon equipped. You can see the 45% buff is acting normally:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Now here all I did was switch to the new max level PvP weapon and you can see precision buff is obviously lower:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

Does this mean you'll be bringing the Celestial Guide up to date? Or are you going to focus on a new Rage Guide? Or both? ;)
  19. Remander Steadfast Player

Same thing happens with Anoint and Carnage.
  20. Kristyana New Player

I am SOOOO far behind on the celestial guide, haha. I'd have to respec to and play it for a while again, and redo all the damage numbers.

Work crushed me this year the last few months :(
    • Like x 1