DLC9: Rage Powers

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Jan 6, 2014.

1. thelostczarnian New Player

ikr...its like chrismas to us lol...maybe we arent the sharpest lmao!
  2. Seni New Player

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. However a balance is always struck. You can't release something that is completely broken just because it is deadline day. The backlash is just not worth it. At the same time if it is "nearly there" and further provisional plans are in place to address concerns then a release will most likely happen.

It's just not as black and white as you put it.
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, that's the big issue with Rage tanking. I don't think just increasing the range will cut it, though, because sometimes the numbers are just not there. Single, hard-hitting bosses will be the nemesis of a Rage tank. I truly think the better approach will be to buff the health based on your opponent's max health or something along those lines. That way, the bigger the threat, the bigger your health boost. Would help for bosses, as well as large add groups.

I'm still not a fan of having full access to the core tanking mechanic in DPS role, as that's something no other tanking set has. We'll see how it pans out, but I foresee a lot of PvP QQ in the coming weeks.
    • Like x 1
  4. Roomba Dedicated Player

Apparently it isn't obvious to you. No. A balance is not always struck.

They release a product that is 90% finished. Do you honestly think people AREN'T going to buy it right now? You think sales would significantly improve if they held off another 2 weeks? You're absolutely kidding yourself if you think yes.

Forget idealism. Welcome to capitalism and business. Not a bad thing. It's a matter of practicality
  5. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Perhaps count the first mob as double maybe? So at the very least you're always registering as 2, but then from then on each additional mob is just a 1 stack?

Thing is with 15k HP which is obtainable although hard to maintain against a single boss, you can tank everything I know about. Unblocked hits on a fire tank from ravenger which is about as big as it gets, are like 10kish, so rage should be able to withstand that as long as they are buffed a bit. So I don't think they need to match fire in HP pool or anything, but being able to consistantly buff myself to 15k+ would be very nice. And the idea that my HP can vary by 50% or more based solely on where I stand... jsut the idea is like.. what?

and yeah, it's impact in PVP I think is a bit tough to predict but I see Rage DPS being a VERY popular option. Tank debuffs are never going to leave people's bars. The thing that gets me the most is they have that capability from simply adding 1 power. 1 power that's pretty solid as it either is a 10% increase to CC resist and HP, or heals based on damage done. Both pretty solid and both offering basically a stasis on your hp witht he rage mechanic. As a DPS you're already going to be using most likely multiple of the rage crash prevention powers. Retch, e.chain, and onslaught are all powers I'd see myself having in PVP. Even dreadful blasts woudln't be bad to slip in there if you aren't being focused. Point is it'll be silly easy to abuse that mechanic. At least Ice DPS going full shield have to devote 4/6 powers to doing so... Rage... 1 power change that's other effects are quite solid as well.
  6. thelostczarnian New Player

got my token waitn
    • Like x 1
  7. Roomba Dedicated Player

Frenzy: Can we please tack on hard light claw to this animation (but red)

I think this is my biggest problem with the powerset haha. It's so visually boring.
  8. thelostczarnian New Player

how about leaving the animations and damage intact but the last 4 swipes will be triggered by a hold just like the 1h flurry combo
  9. Seni New Player

Did you even read what I wrote?

Unsure on your reply here as you are reinforcing what I wrote. A balance would be struck to release something that is 90% "nearly there" as its approaching deadline day compared to a release that is broken and would be bad for business to release in x state.

To be crystal clear here, I'm not saying this is broken and should not be released I'm saying a discussion would of happened (like any other release) to established the current state of the release including any bugs / issues / concern that they are aware of and are still satisfied to release like in such finished state.
    • Like x 3
  10. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

^^ exactly.

We all know rage is not really done.

But obviously they felt the DLC as a whole was ready enough to go live.

Had it been super buggy and full of issues, they woudln't be pushing it live even if they had a deadline... at least I'd hope not!
    • Like x 2
  11. Kristyana New Player

Think back to how broken the updates were when Cao was at the helm. What we have now is a 1000% improvement.

He purposefully pushed out broken updates merely to save face after the whole promise of "monthly content updates" and missing the first one, expecting known issues to be hotfixed.
    • Like x 2
  12. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

So I am having an extreme problem at the final boss of Assault and battery as a rage tank. I am dying too quick. It is a real pain trying to keep track of both bosses Counter mechanics and avoid a rage crash. One time Sinestro attacked me at the start of the fight and KO'd me. It is very frustrating. Everything was smooth up until than point and I am unsure what I am doing wrong. What are some strategies you all recommend?
  13. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I just hit powers as much as I can to buff the HP. Hit my rage thing when it's up. Do my best to counter them and not be countered. And then block the rage crash. was quite easy honestly... but that was Villain side, which from what I'm getting is easier than hero side... will have to do on my hero alt eventually and find out for sure :)
  14. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I counter and spam rage bringer but sometimes I just get hit for huge amounts of damage even while I am enraged. It is unreal.
    • Like x 1
  15. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Remember you're SQUISHY! like a fire tank but can't get healed as well.

But yeah, I have a hero friend saying they are getting hit for like 15k+ by sinestro, a bit ridiculous.
    • Like x 1
  16. BigAl Devoted Player

I took a phantom hit (didn't show on my log) for 34k and killed me. Twice. While Rage Mode was up. Also, popped Rage Mode and approached Sinestro at start of fight...hit me for 9k and killed me. 9k to start a fight? Really?
    I truly hope so. Aside from big boss fights (when you want it at its best) Rage is a great tank power. We should be able to buff our hp up according to the enemies around us, like Remander says. Not just by sheer number, but based off the total hp of the area. Just seems logical. Either that, or tone down that shield cooldown. Geez.

Question to the extensive testers....are using the cancels for tanking a better choice than just dealing with the mitigators? I plan to test a new loadout with those, but was curious if its worth it.
  17. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Boss fights cancelers are the only choice most times. Otherwise it depends on the adds you are facing. Alerts are more forgiving though.
  18. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

You can easily have crashes like 30k+ half that is 15k... have that match up with another big hit... SPLAT!

I like the idea of a power as a backup, but not something to focus on. IMO should always try to prevent the crash.
  19. BigAl Devoted Player

Saw somewhere that a dev replied about the sound issues with the heartbeat during Rage Mode. Can't find it, so here's my input. Noticed tanking last night that if I got interrupted during my initial casting of Severe, the visual would still show but the sound didn't activate. I didn't know until the crash hit if I still had the crash coming or if the power misfired. A bug maybe? I hope so. That may confuse players that haven't used Rage yet.
    • Like x 1
  20. CntBeSrs New Player

yeh i got that during FoS, being interrupted during rage crash and the sound would cancel, but visual and rage crash would carry on...
    • Like x 1