DLC9: Rage Powers

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Jan 6, 2014.

1. spord Developer

BumblingB is correct here.

We have been reading all of your input. A lot of the proposed changes from the last couple days are significant and we won't have enough time on PC Test to test them if we were to change anything. However, we will continue to take them into consideration. So please keep the feedback coming.
    • Like x 4
  2. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Just want to make sure i read that right. You're saying that there won't be anymore changes on test but you may make some tweaks once it's live? Or did I misread that?
    • Like x 1
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, makes it sound as though DLC 9 is about to go live, doesn't it? ;)
    • Like x 3
  4. Nemisor Committed Player

if youre saying that there are things you guys would like to change but dont have the time, i'd just say that im sure we would rather have a finnished power a few weeks late than a half done one next week.
  5. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

So lower cooldowns are a possibility then...excellent. I understand the need for the risk to be with the crash but I feel that the counter mechanics are already enough of a threat to cause crash. Rage tanks are also the squishiest of the 4 tanks for 20 sec/min making being able to survive a rage crash that much more important. With those two negatives, I do not think letting us attempt combos more frequently is that much of a problem.
    • Like x 2
  6. CntBeSrs New Player

wheyyyyyy my predictions might b true *thumbs up*
  7. CntBeSrs New Player

cancel that thought.... they did come true *twiddles with thumbs**
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, tomorrow it is!
    • Like x 2
  9. Kristyana New Player

I think that spord and the others had a pretty good idea for what they wanted for the powerset, and they wanted to make sure at this point, everything works. (me pointing out the healing bug and rage crash mistakenly using the buff, etc)

I fully expect there to be a lot of tweaking in the next few weeks. I think the powerset could use some improvement, but nothing in it is broken unlike some other things before launch.

I think we've tested all we can until the general playerbase gets a taste (and figures out whatever this content's equivalent of a door glitch or armory glitch is)
    • Like x 2
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

Agreed. It's a really cool and different powerset, but I think it could be even better.
    • Like x 1
  11. thelostczarnian New Player

i think it will mostly be alot of balancing tank wise. i hope it works out well cause i dont plan on switching from rage anytime soon and i like to run both roles on my main
  12. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

The only thing that bugs me about it for pure Tanking is that HP buff. Just depending on where I stand I can have 50% different health at the start of a paradox. I mean... WOW.

Increasing the range on that buff to accept mobs that are anywhere within range would help the fickle nature of this buff though.

Then also the strength of PD for this tank role is MASSIVE, really needs to be addressed. Phase dodge helps a lot of things, but it does all those things for rage AND doubles their hp buff... just.. WOW. I don't see anything wrong with PD, but forcing us to be SS... c'mon. Can we please just get Amazonian Deflection made to copy Phase Dodge?

Then of course my ranting about the DPS capabilities in tank, but I really really think Spord and the team will adjust that when they can. I mean all they really have to do is drop the reuses to 3s, which is very reasonable and still prevents mindless spaming to block the rage crash. Also would like to see Dreadful blasts down to the normal 1s reuse of PI'd burst moves for tanks. Remove the rage crash prevention on it so it's not an issue.

Overall I don't see it being WAY off... but it's off. At least the DPS will be OP... until you run with like 2 or 3 other ones constantly having stacking issues :D
    • Like x 1
  13. thelostczarnian New Player

phase dodge should really be iconic. its way to op to be restricted to a movement mode
    • Like x 1
  14. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I really wouldn't call it OP, I think the power costs balance it out perfectly. But it's just way too good to be limited to one movement mode, aye.

I do not like SS, I love acro... why can't I just be the movement mode i want!
    • Like x 1
  15. Seni New Player

I have to say I'm a little disappointed that they are releasing the DLC with so many concerns regarding Rage which are not being addressed. However, I do understand that the rest of the DLC is fairly polished and a decision probably needed to be made to either delay it, and lets be honest this DLC has already been delayed, or push it Live and then deal with the Rage powerset once Live.

They do have just under a week before it goes "on sale" to Premiums.

I also understand that some of the concerns that have been raised in this thread are not simple tweaks and could require some rethinking on how certain aspects work and function - which of course equals more Dev time.

On the positive, I think it has been great that we have posed these questions regarding the powerset that may of not been thoroughly thought through - and that's not saying the Devs are doing a bad job, because they are not. It's just that you can never underestimate the power of your players and the different angle that they can look at problems from.
    I think we are lucky that the Dev team do listen to the players.

In hindsight, I think they should of brought the Rage mechanic out to Test earlier, even if nothing else from the DLC was out, i.e. the content, so these concerned could of been addressed while still developing the new mechanic.

In any case, no matter what my personal thoughts are about the DLC, I'm glad that it is finally arriving today so the players can get stuck in!
    • Like x 2
  16. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Hey everyone the time is almost here once servers go live I will be streaming on my twitch channel, also if you haven't please show support and follow me on youtube hope you guys have a good one.
  17. thelostczarnian New Player

its a good thing we legendary members pay money to bug test for them lmao
    • Like x 1
  18. Roomba Dedicated Player

SOE is foremost a business. The top tells the devs what the deadline is. Even if the devs wish they had more time, they don't always get it.
    • Like x 3
  19. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

That is completely correct.
  20. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Funny thing... we're happy to do it ! :D
    • Like x 1